Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
ye can try and pick at our BRAINS all ye want, for the real secret will never be give to YE.:

:LOL: You really have surpassed yourself with that particular quote, where do you get this stuff from, what secret :LOL: priceless.

CYOF said:
The sad part is, that all of your little antics is preventing those that really want to learn, from learning, thus we have the very fitting word INTERFERER.

Those that want to learn, will be doing exactly that, they'll be diligently working away, not wasting time on an Internet forum. I will however give you the credit you deserve for spelling interferer correctly. Remember slowly slowly goes the garden snail :LOL:

CYOF said:
Now, do all members who want to really learn something of value a bif favour, and keep your petty little academic statements to yourself, and if you talk nicely, very very nicely, we might just show you some more.

So you would punish others for my behaviour ?, why not just put me on ignore ?

regards
zu

Jack o'Clubs said:
You can't compare the performance of puts which were 100 points north of the cash index when you sold them to the performance of calls that were 350 points out-of-the-money surely? You should be comparing with the 6325 calls, no? In which case performance of the calls is not 'buttons'.

Er . . . yes he did!
I'm happy for him to post up the real numbers (or, if he can't, I can get them off my Bloomberg)
Clearly the (self confessed) master trader got carried away with the (uncystallised) profit he's made from punting that 3-lot!

. . . and we still havn't had an answer as to what margin is being tied up in spite of (I think) six requests . . .

A Dashing Blade said:
. . . and we still havn't had an answer as to what margin is being tied up in spite of (I think) six requests . . .
Maybe he could explain how margin is calculated too ? Or is that pushing it ? LOL

CYOF,

From the link you've posted:

"Lion,
I take it uve changed your mind from writting them to buying them instead
So you dont want my stake anymore? Forget the OCT's go for JAN 06
This thing is soon to hit G-force! and the CALL writers are going to get roasted

bull"

So what edge did the writers have in this scenario ;)

The same trades as our beloved Soc

untitled0ki.png

Poor old Soc, made to look rather stupid.

My question is whether the degree of roasting the writers suffered (hopefully not of the premiership footballer kind) wiped out the profits they had made from writing options thus far, not whether a particular 'master trader' can make profits from writing/buying calls/puts as the situation demands. Remember this thread is about the writer's edge, not a particular trader's edge.

A Dashing Blade said:
So, you admit that call buyers would have made money.

Thank you CYOF/Bulldozer/Strucio!

PS, you may want to quote the FTSE's futures price going forward as, although the underlying of the FTSE options is the value of the FTSE Index, MM's use the future to hedge themselves ;)

I have double checked for you - as you seem to twist the FACTS a little.

Those CALLS were worth over 30 pts a few weeks AGO! Perhaps you should have bought a shed load of them, and stacked up. :cheesy:

Jack o'Clubs said:
You can't compare the performance of puts which were 100 points north of the cash index when you sold them to the performance of calls that were 350 points out-of-the-money surely? You should be comparing with the 6325 calls, no? In which case performance of the calls is not 'buttons'.

Again, like your other friend, do I have to continue to educate ye :cheesy:

The last time I checked the Feb 6325 Calls were showing 68pts and the March 6325 Calls are were at 98 pts.

Those CALLS were worth 4 times as much just a few weeks ago!

Today the market have put on over 80pts.

You should have bought a shed load too. :cheesy:

Your loses today would have been MORE than just BUTTONS! :idea:

JoC

Look at the data below for events around October 1987

Date...........Close..20 day HV
26-Oct-87 1684.1 65.17%
23-Oct-87 1795.2 63.42%
22-Oct-87 1833.2 63.99%
21-Oct-87 1943.8 61.60%
20-Oct-87 1801.6 53.18%
19-Oct-87 2052.3 30.25%
16-Oct-87 2177.1 23.10%
15-Oct-87 2301.9 12.86%
14-Oct-87 2322.9 12.95%
13-Oct-87 2350.2 12.13%

The 20 day HV is a reasonable proxy for IV and look how it's gone ballistic. That coupled with a 28.3% tank in 10 days would put most naked writers into bankruptcy.

Hmm, so...CYOF starts being abusive when he can't explain something, Socrates turns out to be ghosting Bulldozer's trades while claiming them to be his own, and Bulldozer talks to angels.

Fine - that's me done on this thread now.

EDIT: CYOF's offending post since removed. Thanks.

Also seems that confusion over posting dates means that Socrates' trades may have copied Bulldozer's style, but were legitimate. Nevertheless a post that started promisingly seems to have deteriorated to the point where I can see little value in following it further.

Last edited:
Joc - Ah come on, you gotta laugh though !

CYOF - What makes you think somebody didn't e-mail the image link to me ?

CYOF said:
is not a logical deduction that you are still running around the place

I thought that ye had banned ye self, I somehow knew you wouldn't have the discipline to stay quiet :LOL:

You are still a long way from developing the ability to apply logical deduction. Remember slowly slowly goes the garden snail :LOL:

zupcon said:
I thought that ye had banned ye self, I somehow knew you wouldn't have the discipline to stay quiet :LOL:

You are still a long way from developing the ability to apply logical deduction. Remember slowly slowly goes the garden snail :LOL:

well i've done it for him - 5 day holiday :) and i've deleted the latest fusilades

jon

It's pertinent to note that dear old Soc hasn't been seen since his public "outing" on this, his own thread. My head tells me I should be laughing at him, my heart tells me I should feel sorry for him. My head is usually right.

LOL

Splitlink said:
Socrates, you amaze me! This must be the first time that I have ever seen you stick your neck out. Makes me decidedly suspicious but warms me towards you, somewhat, provided that there is no hidden trap for little sparrows.

Personally, I am quite sure that you are right, for reasons that I have, already, expressed i.e writing is the name of the option game, but naked on the index is a move that I would not have expected from you.

I would not do it for the risk argument but I wish you luck and the odds are that you will win.

Split

First time.
Last time?

What a peanut.

jog on
d998

CYOF said:
I have double checked for you - as you seem to twist the FACTS a little.

Those CALLS were worth over 30 pts a few weeks AGO! Perhaps you should have bought a shed load of them, and stacked up. :cheesy:

He really is with the leprachauns . . so how much could you have written the PUTS for at that time?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cheesy: :cheesy: :devilish: :devilish:

Still waiting for the margin requirement Cee Your Own Future/Bulldozer/Struchio . . . ;)

Edited to add : I'm now convinced that this guy really does have "issues"

Last edited:
CYOF said:
Again, like your other friend, do I have to continue to educate ye :cheesy:

Er . . . no, it was just pointed out to you that you were quoting the relative Call strike after the event rather than at the pertinent time.

Shouldn't really not too difficult for a master trader to work it out unless Uncles Jameson or Paddy are visiting . . .
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.