Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, it doesn't fit your rules as it was below the pivot I have at 1.0026, but it made the pin off the whole number support and is around the pivot level now. See what you think? I calculated the pivot manually so might be different to yours.

I think i would stick to the majors with these setups and indices more so than forex. The system looks sounds. I'm not sure why these pivots seem to work so well, but maybe there's alot of people looking at them, then it's pretty self fulfilling. Keep up the good work Pocrel.

Yep, thanks Pocrel for this system. It has given me a few good entry/exit points over the last week. AUDCAD is still looking good, but it is meeting resistance now so I'd be out now personally on a short term trade.

Ok, it doesn't fit your rules as it was below the pivot I have at 1.0026, but it made the pin off the whole number support and is around the pivot level now. See what you think? I calculated the pivot manually so might be different to yours.

sorry isatrader i dont have the autopivot on the my broker for that pair so i will take your levels as correct, it looks like a good trade but as you say its breaking the rules for entry so its not valid

but the idea of a pin into a support area is always a nice reason to take a trade

Entered short 0830 at 5912

Pocrel, that's faith for you! What more do you want?

Last edited:
short aud 10253 stop 10268

aud/usd chart
aud.gif

Hi Pocrel,

Great system! I'm short as well in AUD USD. Going well so far...!! I've got 2 questions for you:
1) If there is a significant support area above next pivot point (as it is the case for the current AUD trade), you will exit at that level or at the next pivot ?
2) Why don't you use Weekly and Monthly pivots?

Thanks in advance!

JP

This one hits me en the (other) eye.

Perhaps you do not use bars before the open ?

Attachments

• 29Mar.JPG
    29Mar.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 228
Hi Pocrel,

Great system! I'm short as well in AUD USD. Going well so far...!! I've got 2 questions for you:
1) If there is a significant support area above next pivot point (as it is the case for the current AUD trade), you will exit at that level or at the next pivot ?
2) Why don't you use Weekly and Monthly pivots?

Thanks in advance!

JP

hi phiksalamuk,
do you mean below the aud? if so then i would watch it for an exit level yes, ideally the next pivot level but trying to hold out for all those points can be hard

i dont use weekly and monthly as if you to much points on your chart you will end up completely confused and would never end up taking a trade

lets hope this aud falls out of bed :)

This one hits me en the (other) eye.

Perhaps you do not use bars before the open ?

here is my chart splitlink

chart
ftse.gif

i try never to trade the opening bars as some feeds will look different, you will get a pin bar on some and a different bar on another so keep an eye on this

best to let the market shake out in the first 30min

hi phiksalamuk,
do you mean below the aud? if so then i would watch it for an exit level yes, ideally the next pivot level but trying to hold out for all those points can be hard

Thanks Pocrel !
Currently waiting to exit half at 10238 and half at 10225...

JP

here is my chart splitlink

chart
View attachment 108324

i try never to trade the opening bars as some feeds will look different, you will get a pin bar on some and a different bar on another so keep an eye on this

best to let the market shake out in the first 30min

We could have used the Dax, as well. It opens an hour earlier. I'll try that tomorrow.

We could have used the Dax, as well. It opens an hour earlier. I'll try that tomorrow.

here is my dax chart
dax.gif

now the bar is above the pivot so its not an entry bar so no trade either on the dax

where did u get the pivot level? and your bar does not look like a pin either

Potential short eurjpy? 11545.9. Not sure if the bar looks a bit positive to want to go short, but seems to look like a nice pin.
What do you guys say?