Pgi

I have had a good run so far this month. Most of my alerts have been on the 1st hour. Whatever PGI are doing it is good. Don't change anything PGI. You are on a roll now. Anyone else going well ?

I have had a good run so far this month. Most of my alerts have been on the 1st hour. Whatever PGI are doing it is good. Don't change anything PGI. You are on a roll now. Anyone else going well ?

Looks like you spoke too soon. At least PGI saved the 3rd bet from going on so the loss was only half as much.

Yep sure did !! I was sure Swedish was going to be good. But then that SMS came thru and threw me off and then I lost out. If PGI had not sent that SMS I would have been fine on the 3rd hour. Anyways what can you say ? But so far not bad for this month except for that last alert on Swedish.

The market tonight seems volatile. The alerts for the German and Italian were up and down so much. Early on I could have got close to $100 profit on both of them selling early but they suddenly turned before they hit a mark I liked. In the last 10 minutes it looked like they were destined to fail So I had put on 2nd hour bets, but then another move brought them close to the line. With it looking like it was going to go up again I sold the Italian for $63 profit with 3 minutes remaining. The German was worth less than cost then moved into the green, just. I sold it for $49 profit with 1 minute remaining.

Ultimately the Italian won and the German lost. I would have got another $127.58 if I had held onto the Italian but would have lost $206.48 if I had held onto the German.
So overall I was ahead.
Now since I was in profit for the first hour and still had 2nd hour bets running anything I made on them was adding to the profit. This is the ideal situation to take an early sell if you can.

Well the German went down solidly early but you have to wait 5 minutes before being able to sell. The Italian had gone the other way. Keeping a constant eye on them I took the opportunity to sell the German after 12 minutes for a $296 profit (on a bet to win $900).

The Italian eventually started coming down and I sold it for a $284 profit after 32 minutes. Remember the most it will go up to for a early sell is 90% or $810 ($345 profit). It did dive again and I may have been able to get the extra $61 but at what risk?

Now both these alerts won this hour but I have seen ones that go sour real quick. I may have missed out on $290 extra profit had I held onto these bets but believe me having the profit in the bank keeps the stress levels down. I still ended up with a good profit for the night without the 2nd hour worry.

This is a strategy that can be useful but you can lose out on it as well. I think it is really good if you can lock in a profit in the 1st hour then if it loses you only have to bet same amount in the 2nd hour. That aleviates the dreaded 3rd hour big bet. But even in the 3rd hour if all goes well you may be able to at least recover the losses from the first 2 hours early and 'bank it'. Better to do that than risk it losing. Sure you might lose out on a profit but you haven't lost anything , or as much. Every losing alert you prevent makes a lot of difference to your bottom line.

I still have computer woes as far as my laptop and ext hdd so haven't been doing figures. This month however has been pretty good. Just hope it can stay that way.

Last edited:
The market tonight seems volatile. The alerts for the German and Italian were up and down so much. Early on I could have got close to $100 profit on both of them selling early but they suddenly turned before they hit a mark I liked. In the last 10 minutes it looked like they were destined to fail So I had put on 2nd hour bets, but then another move brought them close to the line. With it looking like it was going to go up again I sold the Italian for $63 profit with 3 minutes remaining. The German was worth less than cost then moved into the green, just. I sold it for $49 profit with 1 minute remaining.

Ultimately the Italian won and the German lost. I would have got another $127.58 if I had held onto the Italian but would have lost $206.48 if I had held onto the German.
So overall I was ahead.
Now since I was in profit for the first hour and still had 2nd hour bets running anything I made on them was adding to the profit. This is the ideal situation to take an early sell if you can.

Well the German went down solidly early but you have to wait 5 minutes before being able to sell. The Italian had gone the other way. Keeping a constant eye on them I took the opportunity to sell the German after 12 minutes for a $296 profit (on a bet to win $900).

The Italian eventually started coming down and I sold it for a $284 profit after 32 minutes. Remember the most it will go up to for a early sell is 90% or $810 ($345 profit). It did dive again and I may have been able to get the extra $61 but at what risk?

Now both these alerts won this hour but I have seen ones that go sour real quick. I may have missed out on $290 extra profit had I held onto these bets but believe me having the profit in the bank keeps the stress levels down. I still ended up with a good profit for the night without the 2nd hour worry.

This is a strategy that can be useful but you can lose out on it as well. I think it is really good if you can lock in a profit in the 1st hour then if it loses you only have to bet same amount in the 2nd hour. That aleviates the dreaded 3rd hour big bet. But even in the 3rd hour if all goes well you may be able to at least recover the losses from the first 2 hours early and 'bank it'. Better to do that than risk it losing. Sure you might lose out on a profit but you haven't lost anything , or as much. Every losing alert you prevent makes a lot of difference to your bottom line.

I still have computer woes as far as my laptop and ext hdd so haven't been doing figures. This month however has been pretty good. Just hope it can stay that way.

how do you sell the index during the trade ?I read about this on betonmarkets but don't know how it works.

Well different situation with the Swiss Alert. Constantly around the level or slightly losing so no opportunity to take an early sell. Bit strange as I'm tracking the Spanish and French which both would have won very easily, the Swiss seems to be holding it's own. Last couple of minutes could have gone either way then just lost by small margin...grrrr. Pity it wasn't on another indice.

Last edited:
The dreaded 3rd Bet a look inside the mind

Oh I just reminded myself how much stress that 3rd bet can be at full value. I had ther opportunity to take a $100 win in the 2nd hour but it looked set to win easily with half an hour to go. Stupid, stupid stupid...This is where I have to kick myself in the butt and just take the win. Instead the 2nd hour lost and I was on a 3rd hour bet costing $903 having already put away $671 on the last two. I only bet to win $1750 instead of $2000 for the 3rd hour which saved about $130 but also makes the return drop to $126. It meant the max early payout was $1575 which was basically what was needed to break even.

Halfway through all was looking bad with the upward trend that lost the last hour continuing, but I thought it went the other way last hour, here's hoping for the reverse this hour. Then it got stuck with what looks like real volatility in the market. Up and down all over the place with the center of it being the winning line.
10 minutes to go and there had not been significant sell price, only up to about $1080 which would be a $495 loss, better than losing the extra $903 though. I tried to sell at $1150 worried as it was trending up but the price had changed to $732, bugger that let it ride.

At 1353 a downward trend, sell price moving up but spanish and French markets steadily going down. How long would it last. Temptation, questions do I sell, or let it ride. Sell price pushed up over $1400, I had thought when I started the hour I would cut losses at that amount.

Only 3 minutes to go, surely there is enough buffer to hold. It's the lowest it has been all hour. Refreshing the Swiss chart then flicking to look at the spanish and French and refreshing quote price. Damn it's starting to go up, what now? Can still sell and get money back but only 90 seconds to go.

NOOO a big spike, still under the winning line though, please don't go up again. Phew came about a 1/3 of the spike, only 25 seconds to go, 20, 15, 10 damn another upward spike only 1 point seperating a win from a loss....time.

In the end looking at the intraday data it looks like it won fairly easily going from 6528.88 at 1300 to 6525.42 at 1400. It was actually winning at 1340 being 6527.37 but that was in the middle of the volatility.

So yes it won on the 3rd, how I wish I had sold at profit in the 2nd hour could have made $100 and been relaxed more in the 3rd hour only having $200 riding on it. My heart pounding, relief in the end as I finish in front for the night.

how do you sell the index during the trade ?I read about this on betonmarkets but don't know how it works.
On your portfolio if you refresh it after 5 minutes after the bet has been placed there is a sell button, all you do is click it. Careful though it goes straight through unless the quote price has changed. If it has changed to be less it asks you if you want to proceed. If it has gone more in your favour it gives you the better price, pretty happy that it does that.

Thought it was bad watching it before. At least you could go away for half an hour and come back. Now I'm glued to it looking for a chance to profit from it...lol.

Anybody knows the results for Tuesday 22Jun and Wednesday 23Jun ? PGI did not update their website.regards, M

Hi, have you got the results for Tuesday 22Jun and Wednesday 23Jun ? PGI did not update their website.regards, M

Hi all ,I see there are still people on here, not had any emails saying that someone had left a message on the forum.

Hi, have you got the results for Tuesday 22Jun and Wednesday 23Jun ? PGI did not update their website.regards, M

They are on the blog now
22-Jun
Irish 1110 Up 1
UK 1210 Up 1
23-Jun
Belgian 1010 Up 3+
UK 1010 Up 2
Compq 1410 Down 2

So the first full loss for the month with the Belgian alert although I won with it (story next post). Interestingly PGI have listed the alerts on the 10Jun10 that they advised not to trade the 3rd hour as wins in the 3rd hour. I emailed them asking them to change it because they advised not to trade. If they are going to claim those as wins then they should claim the other ones they advised trading against as losses when they lost. But for those ones there is a note that they advised not to trade the 3rd.

Belgian and UK alert 23Jun10

Ok, I mentioned I won the Belgian even though it lost. It was an interesting alert sequence. Both the UK and Belgian did not give any chance to take a reasonable early profit in the first hour. The 2nd hour to take a profit you have to cover the first bet still so it is harder. With the normal PGI recommended $200 first bet the amounts work out aproximately like this;
Bet 1 to win $400 cost $208 profit above $208 max early payout $360,
Bet 2 to win $900 cost $469 profit above $677 max early payout $810,
Bet 3 to win $2000 cost $1044 profit above $1721 max early payout $1800.
Alternate bet 3
Bet 3 to win $1750 cost $915 profit above $1592 max early payout $1575

So back to the two alerts last night.

In the 2nd hour, although they went up, they were not in a position where they were making money, so I did not take the early sell. Then they went down pretty sharply from about the half hour mark till 10 minutes before the hour expired. I could have gotten $100 (giving a $577 loss) back on the UK but decided against it.
It wasn't until there were 8 minutes left that the alerts turned. They were both well down at the time by over 3 points. It was at the same time I put the 3rd hour bets on.
The Belgian was lagging though. The UK got back into a winning position but only just. It went to about a point up then slowly crept back down before rising again in the last 20 seconds of the hour. I admit in that last 12 seconds or so I tried to sell the 3rd bet, it didn't go through in time leaving the bet open and the UK won the 2nd hour.

So by all rights I should have only had an alert on the Belgian now but since I had one on the UK anything I made on that was pure profit. I figured that if both alerts managed to get up to around $1500 that would be the equivalent of the Belgian alert winning so I could take the money at that level.

Well the UK had kept going up since the start of the hour continuing the trend but the Belgian was still a bit cagey going up but not enough to make it worth much. THen at 10 minutes past they both shot up. It was quick and solid the UK jumping nearly 20 points and the Belgian 6. This suddenly made the UK sell price above $1791 almost the max early payout so I sold it at 12 past.
The Belgian was holding as it leveled and I watched the price go just above $1700, then just below it. Sense prevailed and I sold it 15 minutes past the hour for $1713. Now you may notice by the figures above that would be an $8 loss, however with the UK carry on bet giving a profit of $747 I was well ahead. The UK went onto win the hour finishing 6 points up. The Belgian went onto lose the hour by a point. The other relevant thing to note is that at 25 past the hour the UK alert had dropped back to nearly level so it would have only been worth the cost price. It had gone down solidly since 20 past.
That means there was only a window of about 8 minutes where it could be sold at a good price

Proof that decisions have to be made quicky. Even moreso when you stand to lose $1721. It may have been worth selling at $1500, at least that would have minimised the loss by a lot.

This is the first 3rd hour losing alert I've avoided thanks to early sells. It is the first that PGI have had this month. Hopefully taking the 'money in the bank' system can minimise a lot of losses and sometimes give double up bets that increase the return.

Has anyone else been trying it?

Well the dream run comes to an end as both PGI alerts lost tonight bringing the aproximate $4500 profit for the month back down to apx $1100 profit for the month.

Another two losses last night hurt pretty bad. PGI had 4 losses in the last 13 trades. Or to put it in perspective the losses cost $6800 and the wins gave back $1710, net loss of $5090 in 8 days trading as per PGI strategy.

Yes not a good way to start the new financial year. German now have had 3 losses this year which is quite high compared to French which has had 4. Just when it looked like we would have a good run. That is OK as long as the next many few trades are good ones.

Another two losses last night hurt pretty bad. PGI had 4 losses in the last 13 trades. Or to put it in perspective the losses cost $6800 and the wins gave back $1710, net loss of $5090 in 8 days trading as per PGI strategy.

Ouch, that would've hurt. So how many successive wins do you need to break even.
Sounds like a repeat from 2 years ago.