New Technical Indicators

Effkay

Hi guys,

I've been doing some work on TA and I think I've got some new TA indicators that don't already exist. I was just wondering if there was any way of finding out if they are original and if they are original what do I do next? If you think you can help me and want further specific details PM me and I will send you the details if it is required.

Thanks

Furhaan

Effkay said:
Hi guys,

I've been doing some work on TA and I think I've got some new TA indicators that don't already exist. I was just wondering if there was any way of finding out if they are original and if they are original what do I do next? If you think you can help me and want further specific details PM me and I will send you the details if it is required.

Thanks

Furhaan

If they work I would trade them and make lots of money and not tell anyone (well except maybe me) :p

Effkay,
Why does it matter if they are original or not? I am intrigued. Is this for a sales pitch or a research paper?
There is only 2 options in this game.
1. Make Money
2. Lose Money
If former, why give sh*t how you got there?

effkay, have you checked they work at least 50% of the time? if not then they are no better than existing ones..

is it by any chance to do with the change of slope of the change of slope of a moving average (how do you get the Delta sign on here Tony?) that you suggested on Tactical Trader?

that basically strikes me as being a momentum indicator, and we already have loads of those..

if it/they dont work at least 50% of the time, then we may as well go back to old faithful and start relying on coin tossing again...

edges!

FC

The one on tactical trader wasn't something I had looked into properly and turned out to be a load of sh!t! I'll put something up here regarding the new ones, as I said I've no idea whether they are new or not, or if some of you use similar things already........

Thanks

Effkay said:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Furhaan

I think I can help you here.

1 "Are they original" Given that all you have to work with are HLOC & vol,
there are 2 answers
a NO
or b Who gives a s***
2 " What do I do with them " is really self explanatory... TRADE THEM

interested in any technical indicators out there

Effkay said:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Furhaan

Morning, just happened across your posts and some of the responses. I'd be amazed at some of them if I hadn't been working on a mechanical trading system for years and pretty much heard it all. My all time favorite is: 'you can't time the market and I won't look at any of your supporting data'.

Anyway I'm at [email protected] and would be glad to offer any opinion.

ihelfman said:
My motive for posting this was bogus. It was a requirement to get the second piece of the software. That said, I paid $197 for an impractical manual system that has a long forum on trade2win and four stars on Forex Peace Army. This free indicator package, which has trend and ATR, has saved me from paying for the relicensing fee for the other software.

If this link offends you. Post again and I will delete it as soon as I get your post. But I recommend that you follow it.

At least we know why you posted that. I saw it earlier and my thought was similar to Blaiserboy. There is someone else posting the exact same thing word for word. I'm curious what the $197 system you bought was?

Check this link at forexpeacearmy.com on their review section. They removed bogus reviews of this product. http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/forexunbiased.com

from forexpeacearmy.com said:
WARNING: This company launched large spam campaigns in the FPA's forums in December 2010 and January 2011. It looks like they may have hacked into some accounts. The spam has come from a wide range of IP addresses arount the world. The FPA will do its best to moderate these reviews, but they will probably find a way to place some fake ones.
The FPA strongly recommends against doing business with any company that feels the need to spam.
The FPA recommends against downloading anything from this company.

Looks like red flags to me.

Peter

Re: interested in any technical indicators out there

Morning, just happened across your posts and some of the responses. I'd be amazed at some of them if I hadn't been working on a mechanical trading system for years and pretty much heard it all. My all time favorite is: 'you can't time the market and I won't look at any of your supporting data'.

Anyway I'm at [email protected] and would be glad to offer any opinion.

I have attempted many things in an automated system........ and I have explored many many indicators... so far I have determined that really simple is best, the indicators have caused me a lot of grief

At least we know why you posted that. I saw it earlier and my thought was similar to Blaiserboy. There is someone else posting the exact same thing word for word. I'm curious what the $197 system you bought was.
Peter

Sniper Forex

Sniper Forex

I have been fortunate in that I have not purchased forex systems, preferring to learn the hard way on my own... oh wow have I learned..... and oh wow has it ever been fun depleting my account as a cost of tuition. hehehe

Here is a stat for ya, technically speaking. On Friday's in January, the USDJPY is typically in a short sell mode 63% of the time.

How do i know this, I study it. How do I study it? I use stats all the way from 2002.

are you back testing?

I spend all day testing, seven days a week....., I record the results of every test, gradually I am developing some sort of skill. hehehe

The testing has paid off well.... I have a couple very productive robots

I have been fortunate in that I have not purchased forex systems, preferring to learn the hard way on my own... oh wow have I learned..... and oh wow has it ever been fun depleting my account as a cost of tuition. hehehe

SniperForex's downside isn't money, it's time. To profit from it's entry and exit signals, you have to watch the market 24-7 over several months. Couldn't do it. Since it's a manual system with subjective rules, you can't automate it or backtest it to find out if there's a profitable time frame.

So I use it as a secondary indicator.

That freebie thing I posted, which just uses ATR, CCI and momentum in well-designed template, at first glance looks like a handier secondary indicator.