my journal 3

... this is the best way to blow out my account, just placing random trades. And in fact this is exactly the setting that makes me blow out my account, when my capital is at about 20k to 30k.

That is why I came up with my trading systems, to handle a capital that emotionally destabilizes me, but the problem is that lately they're not making much money at all, like 300 per week on average, vs the 1500 they should be making.

Have you thoutght about creating a trading system that prevents your manual trades to blow out your account?

To explain a bit further; create a system that only controls your exits when in a lossing position. You start each trade yourself. If it goes well you close it yourself. If it doesn't go well at some point your system will exit it.

Look at your systems and find which one has the best stop loss rules and use them for your "compulsory system".

...I want to work and work and work (whether on office things, or on my own research).

Are you using your company's computer when doing your research? Most companies are tracking everything their employees are doing with their computers and next time the human resources could use this information for their advantage.

Thanks for the detailed and varied advice.

The thing with my systems is that they have time exits, so there's no stoploss. Also, anything I automate, if I feel a compulsive gambling urge, it is stronger, and of course, I can disable any automation I have enabled.

Regarding the herb, I didn't try it. I read it, but I believe we should all be depressed given the nature of life. So I am not saying I have to defeat depression.

Regarding the computer at work, I browse the web with my regular work computer, but I am in Italy where there is a very loose definition of rules, and imagine that my colleagues work about 15 minutes per day and watch videos on their computers, so it's unlikely that I'll ever get in trouble for look at financial charts and writing on this journal.

Unbelievable mother ****ers.

These mother ****ers have lost 2000 dollars today. So I am still profitable for the week, but just because of my discretionary trading.

Capital at a little below 15k.

This has been the systems' 14 traded weeks so far:

I started at 4k, the systems made 3k, I am at 15k, so I made 8k all with discretionary trading.

I am pretty happy about this, my work. And pretty sad about my systems.

Last edited:
dude, i've traded these guys for like 3 months and here's 18 months of their forward-testing equity line:

Snap1.jpg

For exactly one fourth of the time, they've been going nowhere, just a range. How long more is this crap going to last?

Oh, well... it could be worse.

It Could Be Worse - YouTube

Last edited: