my journal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
third video

Ok, get ready because there's a third masterpiece coming up, right here and now, by travis the director. This time it will be a peaceful movie. Actually it can barely be called a "movie" and certainly it's not an action movie.

[...]

This is going to be hard, because the quality is bad (as usual, due to the camera), the subject is not that exciting... basically I've got almost nothing. However, by keeping it short and betting everything on music, I hope to make it worthwhile.

[...]

Ok, I've still got it. I did it again. I made it happen: a successful movie without much material or skills. Mind you, the music is specifically selected in that it tells you to "be patient, that something will happen". Not much happens, but hey... this is the best I could with what I've got, so I'm satisfied.

There it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-33VessGk

It's a "world première" as they say.

Last edited:
por una cabeza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIC8RYrP0io

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por_una_Cabeza
"Por una cabeza", meaning "by a head [of a horse]" in Spanish, is one of the most famous and popular tango songs by Carlos Gardel (composer) and Alfredo Le Pera (lyricist), written in 1935. Alfredo Le Pera was a Brazilian from São Paulo, the most Italian-influenced area in Brazil, and also the birthplace of Zequinha de Abreu, composer of Tico-Tico no Fubá. Le Pera died along with Gardel in the same airplane crash in Medellín (Colombia), on June 24, 1935.

The lyrics of the song talk about a compulsive horse-track gambler who compares his addiction for horses with his attraction to women.

The tango has been performed by numerous tango orchestras and is commonly featured in films and television, most notably The Tango Project (Nonesuch Records), consisting of Accordionist William Schimmel, Pianist Michael Sahl and Violinist Stan Kurtis. Tango scenes with "Por una cabeza" appear in Planet 51, Schindler's List, Scent of a Woman, Delicatessen, True Lies, All the King's Men, Bad Santa...

Tango Bar (1935)
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Gardel
Carlos Gardel fue cantante, compositor y actor de cine naturalizado argentino, considerado el más importante tanguero de la primera mitad del siglo XX...

Last edited:
fourth movie (and last for a while)

Today in Italy it's a holiday. The holiday of those who never go on vacation, like me, so I am forced to only work at home today.

Since I've been resting the systems for a while (a few minutes), I will make my fourth movie, and the last one for this week because probably a new package will arrive, with a helicopter or another camera, the one with the transmitter. And also I will have to go to work again, starting tomorrow.

So, here's the idea. The problem was that I had nothing left to film: neither my hand, which was the protagonist of movie #2, nor my kitchen, which was in movie #1, nor the nearby church, which was in movie #3.

So my idea was: let's take a slightly new subject (the other view, other than the church), and let's film it from a different angle, such as... I ended up placing it in a silver vase, like this one:

catphoto.jpg

Then I placed the vase on the porch, under the plants. Hopefully it will film in the direction of the ruins and the street below me, so some pedestrians will be the protagonists of this one.

I will go and take it out any time. I think I will use the same soundtrack I used for movie #3, Patrick Watson's music (based on Satie's). That soundtrack is always good for my boring movies, because it sets the "be patient" tone.

[...]

Nope. I don't need the "be patient" tone this time, but the "be a patient" in a mental institution tone, due to making this movie, so I chose the soundtrack from one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

There was a huge problem in the positioning, so that it didn't film what I had expected it to film. So I have only used the first few seconds and made what I could with it.

Coming in a few minutes [...].

Here it is:

That's right. I told you I need a vacation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charmaine_(song)

Last edited:
problem with taxes

Today there's no work at the office, so I am focusing on my tax problem, given that I am being paid and that, in theory next year I should pay taxes on what Igot paid, unless I want to risk sanctions or even worse the financial police taking my laptop from me, to investigate me. And then it's goodbye to my systems, because if the Italian police takes them, then the world has them.

But the big problem is that, since very few retail traders ever make any money, and even fewer rent their trading systems, there is no clear category for me to fit in, and certainly, given my total ignorance, there is no legal/tax category that I know of. And certainly I do not know nor have heard or read about a single Italian who is in my situation.

So I'll now keep googling, browsing and posting, both in English and Italian.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=best+way+to+evade+taxes&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

This guy is smart, but his solutions are still too complex for me and I don't make enough money to adopt them:
How to Save Taxes Without Going to Jail

Wikipedia as usual is a must:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_avoidance_and_tax_evasion
Tax avoidance is the legal utilization of the tax regime to one's own advantage, to reduce the amount of tax that is payable by means that are within the law. By contrast, tax evasion is the general term for efforts not to pay taxes by illegal means.

Which reminds me that "tax avoidance" is not only legal but it would suit my avoidant personality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_personality
People with avoidant personality disorder are preoccupied with their own shortcomings and form relationships with others only if they believe they will not be rejected. Loss and rejection are so painful that these individuals will choose to be lonely rather than risk trying to connect with others.

Hypersensitivity to rejection/criticism
Self-imposed social isolation
Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships[10]
Avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus
Avoids interpersonal relationships
Feelings of inadequacy
Severe low self-esteem
Self-loathing
Mistrust of others
Emotional distancing related to intimacy
Highly self-conscious
Self-critical about their problems relating to others
Problems in occupational functioning
Lonely self-perception, although others may find the relationship with them meaningful
Feeling inferior to others
In some more extreme cases — agoraphobia
Utilizes fantasy as a form of escapism and to interrupt painful thoughts[11][12]

Many of the above apply to me, as it is for most personality disorders. So, given my overall "avoidant" personality, I could be good at becoming a "tax avoidant" person.

So let's read up on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_avoidance_and_tax_evasion#Tax_avoidance

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evasione_ed_elusione_fiscale#Elusione_fiscale
L'elusione consiste nel falsificare la natura dell'operazione con lo scopo di beneficiare di minori imposte. A differenza dell'evasione l'elusione non si presenta come illegale; essa infatti formalmente rispetta le leggi vigenti, ma le aggira nel loro aspetto sostanziale frustrando il motivo per il quale sono state approvate...
Actually in the Italian wikipedia "tax avoidance" is treated almost as something illegal:
In Italia, esiste una norma antielusiva cosiddetta generale: l'art. 37-bis del D.P.R. n. 600/1973, secondo la quale sono inopponibili all'amministrazione finanziaria gli atti, fatti e negozi, anche collegati tra di loro, che siano contemporaneamente: privi di valide ragioni economiche, diretti ad aggirare norme tributarie e volti ad ottenere una riduzione del carico fiscale altrimenti indebita.

L'elusione è, quindi, un fenomeno che deve necessariamente e contestualmente contenere le tre componenti previste dalla norma:

l'assenza di valide ragioni economiche;
l'aggiramento di obblighi e divieti previsti dall'ordinamento;
il conseguimento di un risparmio fiscale altrimenti indebito.
Al verificarsi di tali condizioni, l'amministrazione finanziaria può disconoscere l'effetto fiscale riveniente da tali operazioni richiedendo al contribuente le maggiori imposte che avrebbe pagato compiendo l'operazione direttamente senza l'aggiramento elusivo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_secrecy
Bank secrecy (or bank privacy) is a legal principle in some jurisdictions under which banks are not allowed to provide to authorities personal and account information about their customers unless certain conditions apply (for example, a criminal complaint has been filed[1]). In some cases, additional privacy is provided to beneficial owners through the use of numbered bank accounts or otherwise. Bank secrecy is prevalent in certain countries such as Switzerland, Singapore, Lebanon and Luxembourg, as well as offshore banks and other tax havens under voluntary or statutory privacy provisions...

...European countries had long complained that banking secrecy provisions in countries such as Austria, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, and Switzerland favored tax evasion by their citizens, particularly the citizens of countries such as Belgium, France, Germany and Italy which border one or more of those countries. In 2009 tensions reached a height and concerned countries (supported to some extent by other countries) raised the issue at the OECD and the G20. As a result, essentially all countries agreed to implement tax treaties that would facilitate the exchange of banking information in case of suspected tax evasion...

I mean, I have an account in luxembourg from when I worked there. Should I use it? This would be in the realm of tax evasion, "efforts not to pay taxes by illegal means".

http://www.panamalaw.org/jurisdictions_to_avoid_luxembourg.html
Luxembourg being an EU country has had to make some concessions over recent years regarding bank secrecy...
... Wait it gets even more absurd. An EU resident may instead of paying withholding taxes to Luxembourg can authorize the bank to disclose tax information to the taxation authorities in their home country. Does this sound like an offshore tax haven? It should be pointed out here that an EU resident may, instead of paying withholding tax in Luxembourg, authorize their bank to disclose information concerning their bank account to the income tax authority in their country of residence. Does this sound like an offshore tax haven and privacy jurisdiction – of course not. Best look elsewhere.

Wow, these tax web sites are really quick to give you important information right away, without any bull****. This is really nice.

However, you know what? I am going to stay at home. Physically and financially. Forget foreign countries.

However now the problem is tax avoidance or tax evasion or simply neither and I pay normally?

The first problem is find out what my category is, and what taxes I should pay. This is a nightmare.

But no one needs me yet, so I'll keep googling this problem.

After hours spent on it today, and days in the past, I give up. I will spare my eye-sight for more important things, and when the time comes (in about six months), I will go to a tax advisor and let him handle this thing. In the meanwhile I'll keep getting paid on paypal until they tell me i have reached the limit.

Actually let's just read up on paypal's limit:
Common Reasons For Your PayPal Account To Become Limited
If your PayPal account becomes limited, you won't be able to use the account until certain verification steps are completed. You can find specific information on why your PayPal account access was limited and how to restore access by logging into your PayPal account. Typically, you are asked to update account information, fax or upload proof of identification to PayPal. Hopefully once PayPal has received the information requested, your PayPal account will be restored.

Reasons for a PayPal Limited account:

Size of withdrawals

Some proxies & IPs of unsupported countries

Too Many refunds/chargebacks

Amount of money going through account

Credit/debit card that does not check out

Types of products being sold

Website Content

Tips to prevent your PayPal account from becoming limited:

Do not open a new account and receive a large sum of money right after verification.

Do not login to your account from multiple IP ranges.

Do not frequently modify your account information.

Do not add or remove credit cards on your account frequently.

When you receive a large sum of money do not try to immediately withdraw the money, or send it to another account because you might suspected of having received fraudulent funds.

Make sure your website is in compliance with the latest PayPal policies.

While you should keep a small balance of money in your PayPal account, never keep more money than you can afford to loose.

There's issues raised above and discrepancies:

1) I am assuming that these rules are partly for your own protection, but also partly for anti-money laundering regulations.
2) he says "do not withdraw money", but also "keep a small balance": how can i do that if I get paid on it?
3) "Size of withdrawals": which size is right?
4) "Amount of money going through account": which amount is right?
5) where did he get this information? Is there a clear page on paypal's web site?

Oh, wow. Check this out... what he writes a bit later on that page:

I personally had my PayPal account status limited for over a year. I sent several emails and tried to appeal their decision. It didn't do any good. I kept getting the standard "Dear Jane" letter. PayPal didn't tell me what I had done wrong just that my account status was limited and I should refer to their policy to see why. I read the policy over and over again and I knew that I had met all of their standards.

PayPal also kept the money that I had in my account and I couldn't have access to it. Prior to this I had used PayPal to process credit card payments for 5 years or so. I just finally gave up. A year after the account limitation I called them on the phone and tried one more time. My account was immediately reinstated. I had to resend them a utility bill and my drivers license. I never knew what the problem was. I think it was some sort of mistake and I'm happy that it got cleared up though. During the period that I could not accept PayPal payments I missed out on a lot of business because a lot of people like to use PayPal to buy products on the Internet.

This would be a good enough reason to stop using paypal immediately, but are they still the way they were back then? It was written in 2007.

I think they are. I tried transfering money to a US account, just 100 dollars, and they stopped it, and asked for a utility bill. So I guess this paypal thing is only good for receiving and wiring payments in the hundreds. When it gets bigger, this is no good and it gets dangerous.

Here's a bunch of links on paypal's "limited account" problem:
http://www.google.com/search?q=limi...vnsfd&ei=pkVKTo-gOcfYsgaVsamnBw&start=10&sa=N

I think I should get paid on a regular bank account, also because paypal charges me up my ass in commissions. I lose 5% of the profit just in commissions.

This is it. This website will help me make my final decision:
PayPal Complaints - User submitted gripes about the world's largest merchant services provider

Limited account and unrealistic system
Limited account and unrealistic system
by PPC Submitter on August 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Posted In: Limited PayPal Account
I just moved to China to work recently and used my Australia PayPal account to pay for a service I have been using for years. PayPal must have some how detected I am at different location and froze my account altogether. This is a surprise to me because in the past years I have accessed this account from UK and Malaysia without any problem.

After learning from my service provider the payment was frozen, I quickly went onto PayPal and did whatever they asked me to unfreeze my account (changing password, changing security questions… etc). The most ridiculous one was asking me to add in another credit card. As I only have one credit card, I went to Profile page, tried editing my details as they told me to, and still did not get my account unfrozen.

I wrote an email to them from my account, and only got a what seems to be formatted replies from their selection of templates. After replying to that email telling PayPal customer service my issue 2 days ago, I have yet to receive a response. I tried calling their 1800 number but couldn’t get through, and found a proper customer service number from another website, the number (02-8223 9500) is no longer in use.

I tried registering a new account but they won’t accept it because they detected it’s the same credit card for another account (which is the one they froze).

Submitted By:: Happy T

My mind is totally made up, after looking at this page:
http://paypalcomplaints.org/limited-paypal-account/

Have you ever heard of a bank account being limited? Nope. Paypal? Yes, all the time. Advantage? I can buy things more quickly on ebay and it has great online banking. Disadvantage? Occasionally people complain that their account has been blocked, and they charge you up to butt (5%) for most transfers, whether going one way or another.

So now the next question is where to get paid. Given that I have several bank accounts, I could definitely get paid on all of them, but that's not smart. An inactive bank account receiving a transfer from other people will get you even more in trouble than just one account receiving all transfers.

I will get paid in an account I've had and used for 10 years, and where I've been trading. Now the only thing to worry about is how to still issue the invoice and how to create it on paypal, but in a way that it doesn't get paid there.

[...]

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_Invoicing_Users_Guide.pdf

Ok, got it. I will send the invoice, and, right after having sent it, I will mark it as paid. Then I'll write my IBAN number on the invoice itself.

Last edited:
random quote from Yahoo! Answers

Can my girlfriend choke on my semen if I ejaculate during fellatio?
My spouse and I are planning on giving each other oral, and it's our first time. I was wondering where I should ejaculate when I need to. (she wants to swallow)
If I ejaculate while my ***** is still in her mouth, can she choke from it? (not a deep throat)
I'm asking because I've heard that semen shoots out at around 20 miles per hour

Please, serious answers only.

Yeah, that's the type of humor that JRP and I like. Anyway, speaking of "semen shoots out at around 20 miles per hour", I am here at the office and I have a few empty minutes.

I just found out that I have a animal/neighbour, in the other room, who slams his door each time he comes back and goes out. Is this necessary? Nope. He just doesn't care about other people. I feel totally disrespected. Good thing I didn't make friends with this guy. I barely know his name and want to keep it this way. I don't want to get acquainted.

Anyway, things are much better than they used to be. In these last two years, as witnessed by my two journals here, I have defeated the idiot with the radio (he moved out and I stayed in the room), vito the chimp (he moved out and I stayed in the room), and now that we changed building I am in a double (a privilege here) with this knowledgeable guy who is peaceful , friendly, polite, and respectful, and has two degrees, one in economics and one in law - a perfect roommate.

The only problem is that I'd like that other guy to move out of the neighbouring room, kind of like at my house, where the neighbour bitch slams her door several times a day.

Another 45 minutes and I'll finally go home. To do what? I don't know. Hopefully today the systems won't be losing. They've lost money every day of the week so far. No, not yesterday. But the week is still unprofitable.

I wish this neighbour guy to die. I was about to fall asleep but didn't let myself fall asleep because I know it'd be a rude awakening with the idiot next door. Yeah, plus he plays the radio, too, and he speaks improper italian.

I hope he gets into some accident and spends a year in the hospital.

He just talks and talks on the phone, of course he's not working. He probably works 10 minutes per day. It's awful, being surrounded by all these slackers, when I gave my eyesight for the office.

****ers.

May they all die in an earthquake while I am on vacation in sardinia. May they be swallowed by the earth.

On the other hand, I've never been happier at an office. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world, except early retirement.

Speaking of retirement, today I had some problems with the substitute cleaning lady bitch who doesn't reply unless you address her properly. She wants respect or she gets offended. The problem is that she doesn't give any respect. Last Friday she simply didn't show up without warning me. Bitch.

May a tree fall on her, while she's having a picnic.

helicopter probably stolen

I don't know if I wrote already that the helicopter didn't get here. Maybe the doorman stole it or someone else, before it got to our building.

Basically I got refunded for the expense. It really sucks. I may try again in the future.

What is important when you order on ebay is that you make sure they're using a trackable order, because that way you will know where the parcel disappeared. If they say "hey, we delivered it to the doorman" then the doorman is not going to be able to keep it for himself.

Well, out of all the parcels delivered, it turned out that the most precious one, the helicopter, did not get sent with a trackable order, which is the reason they had to refund me in the first place, since they could not claim that they had sent it, nor that I had received it.

Probably if I had received it, right now I would not be bitching about life. A helicopter, a rc toy you've always wanted since you were a child, can really change your life. May the evil doorman burn in hell if he stole it.

Whoever did, may the die immediately from a painful death. Except if they were really poor, in which case theft is ok.

Another 13 minutes before leaving the office. I will start getting ready. Today no movies. Maybe I'll try to sleep some more when I get home.

Another 45 minutes and I'll finally go home. To do what? I don't know. Hopefully today the systems won't be losing. They've lost money every day of the week so far. No, not yesterday. But the week is still unprofitable.

I wish this neighbour guy to die. I was about to fall asleep but didn't let myself fall asleep because I know it'd be a rude awakening with the idiot next door. Yeah, plus he plays the radio, too, and he speaks improper italian.

I hope he gets into some accident and spends a year in the hospital.

He just talks and talks on the phone, of course he's not working. He probably works 10 minutes per day. It's awful, being surrounded by all these slackers, when I gave my eyesight for the office.

****ers.

May they all die in an earthquake while I am on vacation in sardinia. May they be swallowed by the earth.

I like it, very good.

Thanks. One of these day we'll join forces and rid the world of all these people. Nuclear holocaust.

Just a thought. These remote controlled helicopters are notoriously difficult to fly apparently. Maybe it would be wise to master the flying before attaching the camera etc. Could all end in tears, copter and cam.

Thanks for the tip. I would have followed it. But unfortunately the helicopter didn't make it here. Berlusconi or one of his voters probably stole it on the way between the UK and my house, and I got refunded by the Ebay Protection Program.

Anyway, as far as controlling it, the syma is a different story, as the video shows (video not made by Syma):

Thanks for the tip. I would have followed it. But unfortunately the helicopter didn't make it here. Berlusconi or one of his voters probably stole it on the way between the UK and my house, and I got refunded by the Ebay Protection Program.

Anyway, as far as controlling it, the syma is a different story, as the video shows (video not made by Syma):

I must say that looks pretty cool.

If you buy it, make sure first that they have a tracked parcel, by asking whoever sells it. Because for example this guy on ebay does not and then they also tell you "hey, if you don't get it, don't complain about it if you chose a non-tracked shipping" (which was my case):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320707960240?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#shId

IMPORTANT NOTE TO BUYERS: MANY OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE SET TO BE SENT OUT BY STANDARD ROYAL MAIL POSTAGE, PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY IF THE ITEMS ARE NOT DELIVERED OR LOST IN THE POST, FREE REPLACEMENTS OR REFUNDS WILL NOT BE ISSUED FROM OUR PART IF ROYAL MAIL STANDARD POSTAGE IS SELECTED DURING CHECKOUT. ON ALL ITEMS WE WILL OFFER THE OPTION TO SELECT RECORDED DELIVERY, THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD WHEREBY WE WILL OFFER A FREE REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND IN CASE OF LOSS/MISDELIVERY BY ROYAL MAIL.

Other than this, I would recommend you to buy it from them, because they're very close to you. But to tell you the truth, I complained about this note (which i had not read, and accepted default non-tracked delivery), and so they chose to refund me nonetheless (despite the "you're screwed" note).

what it means to be "burned-out"

For the past few weeks, I have been saying that I am "burned-out". For all those asking me to help them with something (with private messages, chat, email or other), here's what it means:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/burned-out
1. consumed; rendered unserviceable or ineffectual by maximum use: a burned-out tube.
2. exhausted or made listless through overwork, stress, or intemperance.
1. exhausted as a result of longtime stress; "she was burned-out before she was 30"

So this means I can't help them, because I am dead tired and exhausted from what I've been doing lately. Whether I have an obligation or it's out of generousity, it doesn't make much difference. Due to working too much and too intensively, at the moment I cannot produce much more, regardless of efforts, and regardless of how often they keep asking me.

One by one, I have dropped all my collaborations, from the less necessary to the most necessary, and some people got offended, while others didn't. It doesn't matter. I had no choice. There comes a point when you're so tired that there's no guilt anymore: you just say "no way, I am tired" and you don't do it. No remorse whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.