Message For Ftse Traders......

Just realised that I probably should have introduced myself here!

My name is Leo and I've been trading for about a month now so its safe to say im fairly new and have a lot to learn! That said, i've been following the markets for a few years now so like to think I have some idea whats going on and why.

I'm very bearish at the moment, and the FTSE looks as if it doesn't know where it wants to go today so i'm treading carefully. I plan on going short around 3570 if we test the 200ma but don't break it.

My name is Leo and I've been trading for about a month now so its safe to say im fairly new and have a lot to learn! That said, i've been following the markets for a few years now so like to think I have some idea whats going on and why.

I'm very bearish at the moment, and the FTSE looks as if it doesn't know where it wants to go today so i'm treading carefully. I plan on going short around 3570 if we test the 200ma but don't break it.

Hi Leo, welcome!

Sounds like you are at a similar stage to me. Good luck!

Hi welcome Leon, Im in a similar boat to you experience wise. What time scale are you using on your chart to see the 200ma so close to the price line..? 1 min?

we have broken out of down trend........

market is coiling up to fly northwards........

I am off to sleep for siesta, every 1 hour sleep between 12.00 - 16.00 is equal to 2 hours sleep!!

hence the Arabs , African, Turks & spanish muslims of the past would sleep after the afternoon prayer.......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

• 5th march  13.24.png
    5th march 13.24.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 103
Hi welcome Leon, Im in a similar boat to you experience wise. What time scale are you using on your chart to see the 200ma so close to the price line..? 1 min?

I'm finding this whole thing with moving averages quite confusing. MA's change depending on the timescale you're using and on the time sections you're using. Are people convinced their effects are real?

Anyone know why things are so quiet?

Last edited:
I'm finding this whole thing with moving averages quite confusing. MA's change depending on the timescale you're using and on the time sections you're using. Are people convinced their effects are real?

Anyone know why things are so quiet?

It is confusing for me too. But it seems to be that the moving averages play more importance in larger time scales like 10min and 60 min. Thats what Ive seen from the youtube videos from inthemoneystocks.com

we have broken out of down trend........

market is coiling up to fly northwards........

I am off to sleep for siesta, every 1 hour sleep between 12.00 - 16.00 is equal to 2 hours sleep!!

hence the Arabs , African, Turks & spanish muslims of the past would sleep after the afternoon prayer.......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hi All,

I'm not so sure we have broken out of any down trend. I don't have decent intraday charts for FTSE to hand but based on the fact that the Dow tends to be the dog that wags the FTSE tail, the Dow has just hit the top of a downward channel on the 60 min chart. I know a lot of you guys are shorter term than that but I feel this all may go lower yet. Next touch on the bottom of the channel is around 6500 for the Dow.

Attachments

• dow60min.jpg
    dow60min.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 120
  • FTSE 60min.jpg
    FTSE 60min.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 126

Cheers guys. I'm using a 15min chart

Also from my chart it looks like we're heading for a "death cross", probably around 15:00 if things continue as they are

Attachments

• 15min.jpg
    15min.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 137
I think today might be another sell off day..
So I expect the ftse to retrace to about half its recent fall to ~3570 then resume the fall.
Of course Im not sure what effect the interest rate news will have... so Im not live trading.

Damn.. I was spot on with this, could have made money if I had traded... fear of pulling the trigger I guess.

Cheers guys. I'm using a 15min chart:

15min.jpg

Also from my chart it looks like we're heading for a "death cross", probably around 15:00 if things continue as they are

What on earth is a "Death Cross"?.. I want to trade it whatever it is!

lol, i think its called a death cross anyway. Theres a golden cross where a 50ma crosses above a 200ma. Usually signals an uptrend. Death cross is the opposite of that I believe

What on earth is a "Death Cross"?.. I want to trade it whatever it is!

Well, it sounds as though it could be pretty bad if you were on the wrong side of it.:devilish:

Sorry, second chart in my previous post was meant to be the FTSE but I guess you got my drift.

Damn.. I was spot on with this, could have made money if I had traded... fear of pulling the trigger I guess.

You might get a reliable short entry if there's a gap fade or a partial gap fade in the US market. Alternatively the gap fade could turn into a short squeeze. It looks like we could run up a bit into the US open.

lol, i think its called a death cross anyway. Theres a golden cross where a 50ma crosses above a 200ma. Usually signals an uptrend. Death cross is the opposite of that I believe

"golden cross" and "dead cross"