Message For Ftse Traders......

Well if ever one needed a lesson in trading I think this evening has given it - to me at least. Not sure how many others were looking for the reversal and went long on the pin bar / minus development / indicators etc. but the markets thought different. Am now long FTSE @ 3506 with a stop at 3476. Down 80 points today (worse loss this year) but trading what I see which is a double bottom.......

sorry to hear that mate............tomorrow is another day my friend and I'm sure you will make it all back!!

Long now FTSE at 3555.....

Forget trading FT out of exchange hours. Any traders, then, are using Globex and volume is down, making it fluctuate too much.

Also, the trouble with large TF is that a place to put the stop is, usually, a long way away. Therefore, 2 hours made you hope that it would recover, to the tune of 80 points.
You were right, if you were using the bottom of the pin for the stop, but at an unacceptable cost.

I see that a lot of you guys are trading very long hours. I'd stop that---you get overtired.

This is an opinion, I don't want you to think that I am patronising. I've been there, myself, and got the scars to prove it.

Split

Morning everybody!

Well I went lomg at 3514 just before close, expecting the bounce (oversold signal). Locked in 20 pts so far

Edit: took 30 points profit

Last edited:
Good morning guys

Looks like that rally last night pettered out and didn't show much substance even with it bouncing overnight but its not a rally at all

Therefore i will be short this market.......

Here is the FTSE chart touching my resistance line and FTSE respects this channel

Attachments

• FTSE 4th March 7.30.png
    FTSE 4th March 7.30.png
    25 KB · Views: 101
i think a rise up to the 600 mark is on the cards, so im still long.. but have moved my s/l to lock in 10 points...

Morning everyone,
Crikey do any of you stop trading? I must say I admire your stamina to keep going for that length of time. I get tired and then my concentration goes and I make mistakes.
and belated congrats to WS on his win yesterday nice one to bank

The account got slautered yesterday.
Postions still open and on a margin call.
If we have a good few days it will be worth it.

Looking to take a Mill on this one, it will be the first time ever for me ....

Forget trading FT out of exchange hours. Any traders, then, are using Globex and volume is down, making it fluctuate too much.

Also, the trouble with large TF is that a place to put the stop is, usually, a long way away. Therefore, 2 hours made you hope that it would recover, to the tune of 80 points.
You were right, if you were using the bottom of the pin for the stop, but at an unacceptable cost.

I see that a lot of you guys are trading very long hours. I'd stop that---you get overtired.

This is an opinion, I don't want you to think that I am patronising. I've been there, myself, and got the scars to prove it.

Split

Hi Split,
Thanks for the advice - always received in the spirit it was intended. I totally agree with what you say about the pin - it was always going to be a nightmare to trade because of the stop - my solution to that problem was to trade at much lower £'s per point to keep within my 2% rule. As you point out it worked but I had already been stopped out however I traded back in on the double bottom and am back to 60 points up from 50 down on the trade last night. The other 30 I lost at the beginning of the day on a set-up that went wrong. Again I hear what you say about TF's - problem is, from a psychological point of view, I feel much more comfortable with the longer TF's...... Just have to trade for smaller stakes!!
Thanks for your advice - I def concur about trading for too long each day!!
KJ

Is your BE still 3620?

I'm sorry to hear that my friend...........we could see 3600 here, just waiting for confirmation !!