Message For Ftse Traders......

I am done for the day. exceeded my daily target, hope i donot trade something again today!!
Trying hard to shut the computer!! I need to get out of the chair and head to the gym!!

Take care guys
Shorted dax 4232 and out at 4212
Shorted gold at 973 and out at 968
Shorted ftse at 4032 and out at 4018

I did roughly the same - biggest up day yet yay! (although yesterday was the biggest down day yet!) Though not sure about thay gold short - it looks to me like a safe haven. I'm finishing for the day. See you tomorrow gents.

I did roughly the same - biggest up day yet yay! (although yesterday was the biggest down day yet!) Though not sure about thay gold short - it looks to me like a safe haven. I'm finishing for the day. See you tomorrow gents.

Well done TB!!!

Can someone help me with day open and close prices please? My SB company (iii) shows charts that trade around the clock. When trying to calculate a pivot point using the previous day's close does that mean close at 4:30, or close at midnight?

And if I select daily candlesticks the price I get from yesterday's candlestick's close is different from if I open up a 10 minute candlestick chart and look at the close on the candlestick at 11:50 (ie midnight), but also different from the 4:20 candle?!?

Can anyone help shed light on all this please??

Thanks in advance.

new target /down just got activated today
eod data.50 pt by 3 CLOSE data points

Attachments

• newactiv.png
    newactiv.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 103
Can someone help me with day open and close prices please? My SB company (iii) shows charts that trade around the clock. When trying to calculate a pivot point using the previous day's close does that mean close at 4:30, or close at midnight?

And if I select daily candlesticks the price I get from yesterday's candlestick's close is different from if I open up a 10 minute candlestick chart and look at the close on the candlestick at 11:50 (ie midnight), but also different from the 4:20 candle?!?

Can anyone help shed light on all this please??

Thanks in advance.

thats strange as it should pivot points should be the same regardless of time frame..speak to the IT team, i have no idea how spreadbetting works!!

I use CMC for my charting but have recently started using IG whcih are pretty good, but i still favour CMC?

ask Kitejedi he's an expert at this?

thats strange as it should pivot points should be the same regardless of time frame..speak to the IT team, i have no idea how spreadbetting works!!

I use CMC for my charting but have recently started using IG whcih are pretty good, but i still favour CMC?

ask Kitejedi he's an expert at this?

Thanks - Yes KJ has PM'd me so have opened an IG Index account to learn the charts a little better with.

OK i'm bearish again as 50 day EMA taken out, next resistance level 4070(200 EMA)...if that gets taken out and I presume it will then I expect market to touch 4110(R1 pivot) before falling back as it is valued around 31.8%, FIB level!! historical bounces from that level have reached 4110 area........

learing FIbs at present so it may be wrong by a few pionts

the FTSE was oscillating like mad last night

Last edited:
Good morning,
I am off to a seminar today..by Gann ....
So no trading, not very happy about it!!

Happy trading

OK i'm bearish again as 50 day EMA taken out, next resistance level 4070(200 EMA)...if that gets taken out and I presume it will then I expect market to touch 4110 before falling back as it is valued around 31.8%, FIB level!! historical bounces from that level have reached 4110 area........

Hey WS, when you're applying FIB to the charts are you including the prices 'out of hours' or are all your charts just 8am-4:30pm? And over what time do you look for highs and lows when applying FIB? Is it just the previous day?

OK i'm bearish again as 50 day EMA taken out, next resistance level 4070(200 EMA)...if that gets taken out and I presume it will then I expect market to touch 4110 before falling back as it is valued around 31.8%, FIB level!! historical bounces from that level have reached 4110 area........

Morning Wallstreet,

What time frame are those figures from?

i also had 3 more sell signal @ 4014.5 and 4011 and 4009.5 but did not take.

stop now 4017.5