Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 151
im short as per posted trade,the chart shows the line I am selling from,I will re think how im doing the charts if theres confusion,does anyone else not see the chart as I mean it to be seen

Trade:
Sell stop order @ 1.2995, stop loss @ 1.3007
Target 1.2980
1/2 stakes since this will be left open overnight

Let's see what happens!

Filled & stopped out -12 but 1/2 position = -6

There was a push down like I suggested but not enough momentum to carry to my target and then I got stopped out on the rise upward.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd18.gif
    eurusd18.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 110
wacky do you prefer trading euro session and why,.I can see that us session is boring from about 1/2 way until the asian opens much later whereas we go straight from ours to yours

im short as per posted trade,the chart shows the line I am selling from,I will re think how im doing the charts if theres confusion,does anyone else not see the chart as I mean it to be seen

Flash

It's very clear for those who know what you do. Bit more difficult for newcomers to the thread tho since it's got so long and your more detailed resume of your method is lost in time :). Might be an idea to post a link to your explanatory video as your signature?

jon

wacky do you prefer trading euro session and why,.I can see that us session is boring from about 1/2 way until the asian opens much later whereas we go straight from ours to yours

I have to trade what's available and practical. I'd love to trade your session but it starts at 2:00am for me. I'm pushing it trying to trade at this this early hour for several reasons. It's 4:30am here as I type this.

The Asian session has been a real bust lately. If you remember in the old thread I was getting 1-3 trades a night in that session. Now I'm getting maybe 2 per week.

Peter

Flash

It's very clear for those who know what you do. Bit more difficult for newcomers to the thread tho since it's got so long and your more detailed resume of your method is lost in time :). Might be an idea to post a link to your explanatory video as your signature?

jon

Good idea,will do that after my next runner sails in

Flash

jon

... or just that latest pic :)

I suppose this is one of the occasional pitfalls if you go short off a rising trendline...

absolutely. It is a pitfall but by doing this I can enter with tight stops ans ive got a chance the market will at least rest at the top of the line,and once in a blue moon,ill get the runner. ive had two opportunities to take at least 50 pips for my 2nd 1/2 over the last two days from this line,but in order to get good r/r, i want more. It has to be remembered that I nearly always enter with 2 lots, so although I may take the 1st 1/2 off at +15 when I lose its often 20 x 2, so have to be accurate,hopefully the last two days of trades will explain exactly what Im doing

absolutely. It is a pitfall but by doing this I can enter with tight stops ans ive got a chance the market will at least rest at the top of the line,and once in a blue moon,ill get the runner. ive had two opportunities to take at least 50 pips for my 2nd 1/2 over the last two days from this line,but in order to get good r/r, i want more. It has to be remembered that I nearly always enter with 2 lots, so although I may take the 1st 1/2 off at +15 when I lose its often 20 x 2, so have to be accurate,hopefully the last two days of trades will explain exactly what Im doing

Oh, i completely understand your methodology and thinking. And your money management is excellent as i've seen you make +pips by going south in a market going north. Nice work.

Too busy posting, I missed this one, need an entry price above .8380 to get good value,should have set alarm:mad:

passing time in forex traders corp room,kindly given me a two week free trial. wonder how long it will be before i find that there trades are not actually called live. Would be nice if it was a genuine room,but dont think they exist. L:eek:oks like hes got about 50 paying customers at £150 pcm,nice eh

Last edited: