Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Don't usually like doing these sort of trades but really small stakes so I've got order in to short Nasdaq from 2332.0 stop at 2440.0

Guaranteed sucker trade and I am one of those.

Here's what I'm looking at for tonight. eurjpy 1h chart.

The first chart shows the parabolic rise over the past 3 days. Nice resistance at 100.30. I threw in the RSI to show it's in the oversold area. The 2nd chart is the same chart but zoomed in. The gray box highlights the 35 pip range over the last few hours. I'm looking for a break downward. A break up is not likely to sustain much more strength especially since it's Friday's trading day and any longs from earlier in the week will want to book profits rather than hold over the weekend.

Trade:
short 99.95 1/2 position now
Will short another 1/2 @ 100.15 if it hits
Stop 100.35 for both 1/2's
Target 99.35 just above the low of the long green candle preceding the gray box

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy06.gif
    eurjpy06.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 115
  • eurjpy07.gif
    eurjpy07.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 122
Good morning everyone.
Both 1/2's filled. Nearly stopped out by 2 pips.
Move stop for both 1/2s to 99.80 to lock in some profit.

Peter

Attachments

• eurjpy08.gif
    eurjpy08.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 120
Anyone watching who doesnt know what a gap trade is,needs to look at this,its a perfect example and quite rare but obvious. its rare because we are in an age where forex markets are 24 hrs 6 days a week

Attachments

• 2012-01-23_0916.png
    2012-01-23_0916.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 115
What gap, Flash? I don't see any on my feed. Is it possible it doesn't start until sometime Monday? Mine starts at like 12:30pm EST on Sunday.

Anyway, totally botched that trade, lol. I was going for the sell-off, but it was so choppy it just jiggled me out. :(

What gap, Flash? I don't see any on my feed. Is it possible it doesn't start until sometime Monday? Mine starts at like 12:30pm EST on Sunday.

Anyway, totally botched that trade, lol. I was going for the sell-off, but it was so choppy it just jiggled me out. :(

i have a live feed,via esignal.It probably wont show up on indicative spreads with most firms. Forex starts at bout 6pm on sunday,but prices generally available about 10 pm

Morning miggy