Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

PENDING ORDER - INCORRECT - see below (n)

Sell Stop eurusd 1.3119
stop 1.3130
1st target 1.3105

------------------------
EDITED, thanks to Shakone!
Yikes! I not only @#$@%# it up here I actually had the order in wrong.
I can make noobies look good!

CORRECTED PENDING ORDER (y)

Sell Stop eurusd 1.3219
stop 1.3230
1st target 1.3205

Last edited:
It popped over the highs from 9/5/13. If it fades back down below it then I'll be short on weakness and false break.

Peter

This is a great thread and I enjoy seeing what other traders are doing. What it doesn’t do it allow room for explanations on why we take entries and exits. While I’m certainly not posting on this thread to gratify my ego (down 0.3% on today’s trading) and did none too well last week either, I had hoped for a little more interaction from experienced traders on the basis for entries & exits – both comments upon mine and reasons for theirs.

I wouldn’t dream of incurring Lord Flashheart’s wrath by extending the remit he has set for his thread and thank him for what is without doubt one of the most popular thread for both views and posts. But being an avaricious little tyke for experience and knowledge I do want to get something more from the exercise of posting live trades.

I plan on starting a thread tomorrow which I will use to do exactly what I do here, but explaining my reasons for getting in, getting out and a ‘post match’ analysis for each trade good/bad/could do better. Anyone will be welcome to do the same. Both for their trades and what I could have done better on mine. I must stress this won’t be the clean in and out this thread provides but a more verbose analysis of trades – why they are taken and why they are closed.

Hi PB,
My first pt is .9301 with .9302 low so far.
All I have done is lowered my stop to .9346.
If not stopped I shall aim to run possy until
tomorrow lunchtime, to give my pt a chance
to be reached.

This is a great thread and I enjoy seeing what other traders are doing. What it doesn’t do it allow room for explanations on why we take entries and exits. While I’m certainly not posting on this thread to gratify my ego (down 0.3% on today’s trading) and did none too well last week either, I had hoped for a little more interaction from experienced traders on the basis for entries & exits – both comments upon mine and reasons for theirs.

I wouldn’t dream of incurring Lord Flashheart’s wrath by extending the remit he has set for his thread and thank him for what is without doubt one of the most popular thread for both views and posts. But being an avaricious little tyke for experience and knowledge I do want to get something more from the exercise of posting live trades.

I plan on starting a thread tomorrow which I will use to do exactly what I do here, but explaining my reasons for getting in, getting out and a ‘post match’ analysis for each trade good/bad/could do better. Anyone will be welcome to do the same. Both for their trades and what I could have done better on mine. I must stress this won’t be the clean in and out this thread provides but a more verbose analysis of trades – why they are taken and why they are closed.

I used to post charts for many trades and occasionally still do. It can be a real pain trying to watch a trade and post charts and generally I didn't get much feedback, although I know there are a lot of people who watch this thread but don't make any comments, which is fine. I've barely traded over the last few months for several reasons and now that summer is over I am getting more active again. I'll try to post more trades and charts.

Peter

Hi PB,
My first pt is .9301 with .9302 low so far.
All I have done is lowered my stop to .9346.
If not stopped I shall aim to run possy until
tomorrow lunchtime, to give my pt a chance
to be reached.
I assume you're running off charts for these personal trades you make for your own account so what timeframe do you use?

I used to post charts for many trades and occasionally still do. It can be a real pain trying to watch a trade and post charts and generally I didn't get much feedback, although I know there are a lot of people who watch this thread but don't make any comments, which is fine. I've barely traded over the last few months for several reasons and now that summer is over I am getting more active again. I'll try to post more trades and charts.

Peter
Are you suggesting it would be OK for me to do what I would like to do, but in this thread? I don't want to piggyback on Lord Flashhearts popularity and mess up his thread by cluttering it with, what is probably for him, extraneous information. I appreciate he's not around much these days, but it's still his thread as far as I am concerned and his wishes for clean 'live calls only' should be respected.

If you think he'd be OK with more rationale and analysis on live trades that would be great to do it here.

I assume you're running off charts for these personal trades you make for your own account so what timeframe do you use?

Hi PB,
I use hourly charts.
I don't ever have a view, I personally
think its the worse thing to have.
I'm waiting for a something to move
and then trying to go with it on a dip.
Im sorry for being a bit cryptic !

Reason for potential trades is they are all reversing against their primary underling trend and coming up to the 49 moving average which I use to focus my attention. If I get a rebound off that moving average without the price closing below it on any 15 minute bar, I'll typically take the trade - all other factors being in support- which I'll expand upon.