Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

short eur/aud at 1.3341 sl 1.3481

-40 x 2. If I had been watching i would have re entered on the spike up,yet another obvious clearout that screwed me up.Have you guys noticed lots of clearout spikes lately.They are often linked to minor news items or sometimes for no reason. And some people say the markets are random:)

-40 x 2. If I had been watching i would have re entered on the spike up,yet another obvious clearout that screwed me up.Have you guys noticed lots of clearout spikes lately.They are often linked to minor news items or sometimes for no reason. And some people say the markets are random:)

Yes, noticeably more than usual.

Peter

long usd/jpy @ 100.426
I like to move the tp and sl as the trade progresses, so to start just a nominal 50 50. Hope that's ok with you flash ?

long usd/jpy @ 100.426
I like to move the tp and sl as the trade progresses, so to start just a nominal 50 50. Hope that's ok with you flash ?

Now they are here. I really like to see where they are and can move them from the chart. No fiddly figures.

Attachments

• usd-jpy.PNG
    usd-jpy.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 125
Another of my favourite ploys is to have additional punts i.e. building a position. OK a bit risky but does save a lot of stopped out positions. I do a max of 3 extra at the same low value.
see below for this morning's cad/chf which turned a stop out loss, into a profit. hope it is of some interest ?

Attachments

• flashes.PNG
    flashes.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 112
Hi Pat

please put a stop however big it is when you post the trade and ammend as you go along. please post when you get out and include a +/- pip count for the trade.It has to be this way otherwise we get all sorts of pretenders trying to be a genius etc. im sure you understand,thanks