Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

nothing worse than giving back your gains on a Friday

Before I used to avoid Fridays, but then after missing some good set ups decided not to. I experienced it quite a few times before - losing all the profit (very painful - sort of waste of time feeling) and decided to use reduced stakes and avoid erasing all the profit (or ending in a loss).

I prefer to risk only one day's average profit and I do it by reducing stakes and limiting number of losing trades. The profits are reduced, but at the same time I'm not bothered that much if it's a losing day.

Before I used to avoid Fridays, but then after missing some good set ups decided not to. I experienced it quite a few times before - losing all the profit (very painful - sort of waste of time feeling) and decided to use reduced stakes and avoid erasing all the profit (or ending in a loss).

I prefer to risk only one day's average profit and I do it by reducing stakes and limiting number of losing trades. The profits are reduced, but at the same time I'm not bothered that much if it's a losing day.

Thats a good idea to reduce the risk of blowing a weeks profit (for me=Tues to Thursday since I view Mon and Fri as days to be wary).

It took me some time (pain) to come to that idea

It also took me a long time. If I look back several years I cringe at the ideas I had about trading (using indicators,guru's, courses etc). Yet you still get people who think a course or signal service will set them up as traders overnight (most miss the power of their own psychology, for example, over their trading results). Despite sites like T2W with its' numerous threads warning about scams and incorrect assumptions about the requirements for profitable trading, we still see the foolish falling for the carrot of easy riches for little effort dangled by scammers. Even PB and others (like Canute) cannot hold back the rising tide of scammers. But to be fair, many people have a weak enough personality to allow themselves to be scammed.
Apologies for going off topic folks.:)

Last edited: