Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

aud CPI data out in about 2 hours. Maybe we can break out of this tight range over the past few days.

Peter

audusd has been in a very tight 100 pip trading range, 1.0480 - 1.0580, for the past 8 trading days.

Peter

Hi Flash et al,.

I try to follow what you guys do but can I make the suggestion of keeping a weekly and/or monthly total? It would make it far more interesting to your followers.

Thx,.

Hi Flash et al,.

I try to follow what you guys do but can I make the suggestion of keeping a weekly and/or monthly total? It would make it far more interesting to your followers.

Thx,.

Hi D70,
I think you miss the point of this thread,It is not a journal for followers to see how well or bad the posters do.Its a kinda of self help self regulatory thread, for ones personal self. The basic idea is that by posting your trades you are obeying and sticking to your entry /exit rules.

yep,weve discussed it many times. It serves no real purpose as we all trade differently with different targets and volume. If someone watching saw I had made 150 pips in the month and say wacky made 50 pips,it would only draw attention to the pip count and not whats behind the trade,method or volume. Wackys 50 pips is probably about the same as my 150 pips in trading terms as his stops and targets are less, and weve no idea what the volume is.It would be totally confusing and misleading to do a pip count.Also it would start a sort of thread competition which we dont want as some of us trade full time and others want to. This thread has seriously affected peoples trading in the past( me for sure) including my own from time to time which is why I dont blame anyone for not taking part.

yep,weve discussed it many times. It serves no real purpose as we all trade differently with different targets and volume. If someone watching saw I had made 150 pips in the month and say wacky made 50 pips,it would only draw attention to the pip count and not whats behind the trade,method or volume. Wackys 50 pips is probably about the same as my 150 pips in trading terms as his stops and targets are less, and weve no idea what the volume is.It would be totally confusing and misleading to do a pip count.Also it would start a sort of thread competition which we dont want as some of us trade full time and others want to. This thread has seriously affected peoples trading in the past( me for sure) including my own from time to time which is why I dont blame anyone for not taking part.

Fair enough.

I would never in a million years suggest a 'pip' count because not all pips are equal. But for people that follow, or at least try to follow 'the best thread' (there are so many pages per day that one isnt quite sure what is going on). All the live calls are great but I dont see the purpose as the total of your live calls are lost in the many pages produced each day. I could obviously go thru manually and add up each of you but it'd be far easier if you kept your own tally in whatever measure you see fit. Similar to your current analysis of Zulutrade.

It was merely a suggestion that most people are scared of making because all you get back on t2w is some sarky / rude / derogatory comment about 'missing the point' or how idiotic you are.

Fair enough.

I would never in a million years suggest a 'pip' count because not all pips are equal. But for people that follow, or at least try to follow 'the best thread' (there are so many pages per day that one isnt quite sure what is going on). All the live calls are great but I dont see the purpose as the total of your live calls are lost in the many pages produced each day. I could obviously go thru manually and add up each of you but it'd be far easier if you kept your own tally in whatever measure you see fit. Similar to your current analysis of Zulutrade.

It was merely a suggestion that most people are scared of making because all you get back on t2w is some sarky / rude / derogatory comment about 'missing the point' or how idiotic you are.

I am sure you are no idiot and that most people here would agree, but the way things are seems to suit the regular reader and within the threads original remit. If I have a gripe I would like to see more charts of entries etc since it makes for quicker assimilation of information, but I understand that it is quite time consuming to discuss a trade entry and post a chart in time to show live trades. Excellent thread though and one of very, very few worth reading on T2W.

Last edited:
Reactions: D70
I am sure you are no idiot and that most people here would agree, but the way things are seems to suit the regular reader and within the threads original remit. If I have a gripe I would like to see more charts of entries etc since it makes for quicker assimilation of information, but I understand that it is quite time consuming to discuss a trade entry and post a chart in time to show live trades. Excellent thread though and one of very, very few worth reading on T2W.

I'll try to post a few more charts since I've slacked off on that. It does get a bit intensive though especially when you're trying to manage a trade.

Peter

I know exactly what you mean but most of the regular posters in this thread are more civilized in their answers. It's rare you'd get nasty comments from them regarding questions or suggestions. The very few that do add some unwanted remarks are usually the drive-by hit and run traders or trolls that Barjon does an excellent job of taking care of.

Peter