Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

Is it the rejection of the wedge's top line (hourly chart)?

At the moment it's playing with the wedge's lower line - would you take short here (it it breaks the line)?

thats exactly how I trade. I wanted to sell from the top as it has tremendous r/r and the line has been correct before. Generally I wouldnt sell from a break to the downside,I like to already be in at that point to get the value when it breaks. Oh well cant moan have a nice winner today.

thats exactly how I trade. I wanted to sell from the top as it has tremendous r/r and the line has been correct before. Generally I wouldnt sell from a break to the downside,I like to already be in at that point to get the value when it breaks. Oh well cant moan have a nice winner today.

ATM I like precise break out entries where I know exact stop level (above/below the last extreme) and precise entry (below/above the last low/high).
If I understood correctly you enter at the line with stop based on your observations for each pair (10,20 or similar pips from the line). So you don't wait for local lows/highs.
I must try that - it may be riskier but at the same time that style makes trade profitable with some profit already available at point of entry based on my style.

BTW NZD/JPY is breaking the low of that doji like candle with the low below wedge on hourly

i dont wait for anything other than the market to stop,with the r/r i have in my favour i dont mind being wrong,1 big win a week and a few scrappies is all i need

short eur/aud at 1.2440 sl 1.2462

sold from pullback to line.this is my 2nd trade on this pair today,need a better result this time,smaller stakes as leaving overnight with 1st target set at +20

Attachments

• 2012-10-01_2254.png
    2012-10-01_2254.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 123
Im sitting on my hands for EURNZD short as I am trying to be more disciplined this week with the R;R...

Ideally like to see 1.55873 and above for shorts to make it worth it...

Hello All. Until i get some feedback on my trading journal, i'm moving my live calls over here.

NVP - i'm long EURUSD right now, pyramiding from 1.2892, average price worse, 1.2914.. The timing i use has 630-650 EST as possible reversal

EURo.png

Last edited:
Am not getting much time in front of the screen so placing more orders on 4 hr tf.

Eurusd pair has been steady trend up until this last month but it possibly looks a bit pennant-ish/flag-ish and could break north with a bit of encouragement. I have an order to buy eurusd 1.2941 if it gets there, stop 50, hopefully on a breakout.

On the other hand, eurjpy has been mincing around the lower channel line quite unconvincingly for a few days-thought it would have done something by now (pops north as i speak ffs).

I've been travelling all night and probably talking boll..ks so i'll probably be back on in a few hours changing my mind. Its a bit like telling some bird that you love her when you're drunk - you can make excuses the next day!:)

Attachments

• eurjpy 4h 0210.jpg
    eurjpy 4h 0210.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 102
  • eurusd 4h 0210a.jpg
    eurusd 4h 0210a.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 92
  • eurusd 4h 0210.jpg
    eurusd 4h 0210.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 78
AUDUSD symmetrical triangle

Who knows.. Dollar strength based though..

AUDUSDsym.jpg

Below 1.0290, i'm scalping to 1.0260.. or day trading.. whichever it turns out to be

631 EST - Typical... maybe its a fake out with the timing, maybe the timing was for this actual breakout :| we'll see price around time targets can be nebulous for this very reason..

ofcourse.jpg

Last edited:
Hello All. Until i get some feedback on my trading journal, i'm moving my live calls over here.

NVP - i'm long EURUSD right now, pyramiding from 1.2892, average price worse, 1.2914.. The timing i use has 630-650 EST as possible reversal

View attachment 146326

hi nature boy and welcome to the thread. Please post the calls as you take them,if you add in please post again as you do so.We have to do it like this so that it remains a live call thread.Good luck

View attachment 146326

Don't know what your thread is but why don't you add it as a link in your signature.
If you make a few quid on here, no doubt some will want to check it out...:clap: