Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

I am short, 0.9797, sl 0.9837.

May the best trader win... :p

Sorry, not live call but sell order is in my journal

Hi, Don't know where it'll end up but you're looking ok at the mo... :clap:
My system told me to take the trade so i did and i'd take it again tomorrow.

Don't know if you follow the thread but its really for the cut and thrust of live trades rather than journals which are dealt with elsewhere. Why not post up the odd live call and see how it goes? Its not competitive and its all part of the learning curve - might make you see things in a different light. Many different strategies are evident on here and you might be able to incorporate bits to better your game (or we might learn from you...).
Good luck with the journal. :)

My IG Charts (quickcharts) seem to freeze after a while (using 5 minute charts). I have to refresh to get up to date info !! Anyone else suffer from this?
Are their Pro charts any better?
I use Oanda charts for live trading at the moment - they don't freeze but was hoping to gravitate to IG.

Hi, Don't know where it'll end up but you're looking ok at the mo... :clap:
My system told me to take the trade so i did and i'd take it again tomorrow.

Don't know if you follow the thread but its really for the cut and thrust of live trades rather than journals which are dealt with elsewhere. Why not post up the odd live call and see how it goes? Its not competitive and its all part of the learning curve - might make you see things in a different light. Many different strategies are evident on here and you might be able to incorporate bits to better your game (or we might learn from you...).
Good luck with the journal. :)

Hi. Totally agree with you about following your own system. I look in occasionally but do not post as not always near computer when orders are activated. This is why I use the journal to post orders. Will see though. G/L

offered me about 13 points. Now back to breakeven ish.
Now to let it decide whether it goes back down to target (90.90) or stops me out/

I have to leave for work.
later.

Attachments

• oo.JPG
    oo.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 110
My IG Charts (quickcharts) seem to freeze after a while (using 5 minute charts). I have to refresh to get up to date info !! Anyone else suffer from this?
Are their Pro charts any better?
I use Oanda charts for live trading at the moment - they don't freeze but was hoping to gravitate to IG.

Neil, IG's basic charts are hopeless, I us IG's Advanced Live Charts or Pro Charts as you put it, ( they are Pro Real Times Charts) for a initial one off fee of £30, then provided you make 4 trades a month, you get the next month free. Suggest you give it a go, you'll wonder how you managed on the basic charts.

Good luck

Last edited:
shame about the cable trade getting knocked out, thats why i don't normally move to b.e

been short cable at 5696 most of the day and ej at 99.96 but they just dont seem to want to get beyond fridays lows. :(

long 1.5686
20 pip stop

Hmmm...back from work. still in this one.
It offered me 20 odd pips, and I would very likely have taken at least some profit around there if I had been at the screen(from looking at the chart now), but I was at work.
Less confident with it now, but i'll leave it alone and see what happens...

Attachments

• SS.JPG
    SS.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 109