Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

pic

Attachments

• trade05163.gif
    trade05163.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 91
rumour mill says europe will close today, making everything ok till 4 hours from now when people realise europe will open tomorrow

I've heard about Merkel's statement at 15:30 - I don't know what is it about

Anyway euro won't fall for some reason and I can see a nice divergence

I've made a mistake there by putting stop just for the sake of breaking even (n)(funny thing bid price didn't even touch it)

Next time I'll put the stop at least above the local high - something based on TA.

I know exactly what you mean. I've argued about this many times (mainly with myself...!)
There is a psychological reason to place a stop at b/e but it rarely fits technically. Some would argue its to do with capital preservation but the counter argument would be that the best way to preserve your capital is to give your trade the best chance of success.
Having said that, it is very tempting to know that the trade can't lose money and trading is a psychological minefield. I kop-out by finding my b/e and putting my stop at the end of the 15 min bar. Once well in profit, its purely on the technics...:)

eurusd 1.2747 short, stop 14[/QUOTE]

about time...+33.

When i place a trade I usually put in a token limit then change it after a bit when i've had a better look at the trade but i never changed this one so there's no other reason for taking it at 1.2714 other than laziness. And i'm kicking myself because I would usually have entered original limit to just above RN then i could have had another 10 pips.

But thanks you Mrs Merkel, i presume...:clap:

When I have had a good run on a previous trade I often put a stop at BE, just preserve capital, as you said. Maybe, my mind is telling me that after one good win anything that cames after is perks and to accept no loss.

Like all trading ideas it works some days and others, no, but I can always re-enter lower down, if I want. Provided that I am there to see it, of course.

When I have had a good run on a previous trade I often put a stop at BE, just preserve capital, as you said. Maybe, my mind is telling me that after one good win anything that cames after is perks and to accept no loss.

Like all trading ideas it works some days and others, no, but I can always re-enter lower down, if I want. Provided that I am there to see it, of course.

Yep, there's no right or wrong i suppose and its down to the trader's preferences. Some trades, or runs of trades, can really damage your mentality for taking risk so preservation of state of mind is probably just as important as preservation of capital. I guess through trial and error we tinker until we find a balance that suits us.

Yep, there's no right or wrong i suppose and its down to the trader's preferences. Some trades, or runs of trades, can really damage your mentality for taking risk so preservation of state of mind is probably just as important as preservation of capital. I guess through trial and error we tinker until we find a balance that suits us.

The key is to be consistent about how you enter, exit, and use stop losses. Otherwise you're floundering around with no plan. As long as I am continuing to watch my charts I like to use a tight stop and go to breakeven stop because I can always reenter if I get stopped out. When I'm going to be away from the computer for a while with an open trade going I will use a wider or more technical stop so I don't get caught in a market spike and reverse. My way is really no better or worse than many other ways but the key is I am consistent about it.

Peter

short apple 551, stop 557

out half at 545 for 600 points. set stop to be for the rest

* of course cashwise this half position of 600 points is equivalent of making 40 full pips in fx!

thnx. my signal off 1HR chart was one of my favourites (like eurusd yesterday) and with those i hope to see at least 2:1. fingers crossed