Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

wow eurusd...

The signal I shorted yesterday was almost ideal for me....But of course I couldn't keep it.. Already its hit 3:1, wouldnt be surprised if it goes further.

I've said a trillion times before, hardest part of trading is managing a profitable position.

wow eurusd...

The signal I shorted yesterday was almost ideal for me....But of course I couldn't keep it.. Already its hit 3:1, wouldnt be surprised if it goes further.

I've said a trillion times before, hardest part of trading is managing a profitable position.

try making the exits more structured then, a target for taking profits and an exit stratagy for if it starts to turn. I find the target part easy but struggle with the balance between letting it reach the target and escaping when it turns against me.

Shame these posts are not in tabular form - so can see everyones calls for the day / prev days consolidated into one table - updated by the user like a shared excel file but on t2w, with timestamp, pnl etc. Not sure if that's possible.

Not sure how constructive that would be...its not really a competition and i get the impression that some of the traders on here are seasoned whereas some others are fresh learning the ropes. Its good that the more inexperienced feel they can post on here and learn without feeling judged or monitored. Besides, i know one or two that wouldn't post their losers ;)
Just my thoughts...

Shame these posts are not in tabular form - so can see everyones calls for the day / prev days consolidated into one table - updated by the user like a shared excel file but on t2w, with timestamp, pnl etc. Not sure if that's possible.

As others have said,not a competition. we all have reasons for wanting to call live and if we compete or overly worry about our performance it may have serious consequences to our results.

All I can tell you is that the thread is way ahead on the trades called:):)

try making the exits more structured then, a target for taking profits and an exit stratagy for if it starts to turn. I find the target part easy but struggle with the balance between letting it reach the target and escaping when it turns against me.

I do. But I dont adhere to all of it. If my set up is very good (breakout from long consolidation supported by ADX/DMI - I dont get them much) I should come out half at 1:1 (which I did this time) and trail the rest with a 3 or 4 bar high (or low) or the last structural pivot high/low. Also final target 3:1 or 4:1

But what happens is that I just come out not wanting to give profits away.

and the pic

downtrend, and break-out the blue area. a little late as I was not before my desk

Attachments

• trade0516.gif
    trade0516.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 118
why didn't anyone tell me cable was going to plummet overnight, i would have held for another 40 :p

OK I will probably gets hoots of rude comments but guys it is pitiful to see you losing money !
Let's face it trading isn't easy and forex is twice as difficult ! Why you may ask ? Well there are 2 fairly unhinged entities not just one.

Get smart and concentrate on just 1 index ?

OK I will probably gets hoots of rude comments but guys it is pitiful to see you losing money !
Let's face it trading isn't easy and forex is twice as difficult ! Why you may ask ? Well there are 2 fairly unhinged entities not just one.

Get smart and concentrate on just 1 index ?

you calling me unhinged?? :p

Peter