Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

ffs
It went up to 102.81 and I had a phone call I was waiting for. By the time I was done the price was back down to near my entry point.

Somedays ya can't win.

Peter

Bollinger band range trading is good for this type of market. Wait for the price to close outside the BB and RSI above/below the extremes. Entry would be a candle closing back inside the bands. You can mix and match parameters a bit but you should get a few decent short term trades. 2 trades this morning both would have shown a nice profit.

WARNING though, this will cause serious havoc in a trending market.

Peter

Thanks Pete.

IMO It's worth investigating and trying to make some profit out of choppiness for a change.

Also - it may be a good idea not to trade after 15:00 (10:00 Eastern Time)? or is it too extreme

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I had a great year so far but blew all my account this week (for the upteenth time).

It goes like this: I have a few bad trades, then some trades that are in profit that I want to run but sadly evaporate and then finally in a bid to recover, I resort to IG binaries and blow everything away.

Anywyas its only money but am gonna start fresh again and will report all my trades live, both to have some company and to help my discipline.

cheers

Hi Guys,

I had a great year so far but blew all my account this week (for the upteenth time).

It goes like this: I have a few bad trades, then some trades that are in profit that I want to run but sadly evaporate and then finally in a bid to recover, I resort to IG binaries and blow everything away.

Anywyas its only money but am gonna start fresh again and will report all my trades live, both to have some company and to help my discipline.

cheers

Trading has been tough lately but posting here should definitely help your discipline. (y)

Peter

aud data up in 5 minutes. If we get a pop up near 1.0300 in audusd I'm going to look for a short.

Peter

slowly moving higher so I placed the following pending order:

SELL Limit 1.0290 (1/2 position)
stop 1.0315
target 1.0250

Peter

Bollinger band range trading is good for this type of market. Wait for the price to close outside the BB and RSI above/below the extremes. Entry would be a candle closing back inside the bands. You can mix and match parameters a bit but you should get a few decent short term trades. 2 trades this morning both would have shown a nice profit.

WARNING though, this will cause serious havoc in a trending market.

Peter

Stick a 200 ma on the chart and only trade with it behind you, stops you getting screwed in a trending market.

Reactions: DDI
Hi Guys,

cheers

weve all been there,good luck

hell all,
Just a quick question do you take account of impending economic news when placing a order?

Thanks mate....I havent quite blown my account - yet! However if I get stopped out of my Brent position then it will go to virtually zero.

All hinges on NFP. Happy to take the chance!

Typical pre-NFP no direction choppy price action. At 13:30 should jump up and down like mad hitting most of the stops and filling orders with big slippage. They always explained it afterwards - figures were good, but not as good as expected or not as bad as expected or whatever...

IMO To trade now is worse than gambling if using stops. Without stops can go either way or come back to the same point - so 1 in 3 chance to make profit. Not my favourite scenario, so I'll give it a miss.