Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

this is for barjon - he knows why

130312d1330074496-averaging-down-losing-position-mean-reverting-situation-bishop-john-gives-his-blessing_articleimage.png

today's eurusd 15m chart. Consolidation day. The good news is we should get a breakout 1 way or the other at some point in time. I have no bias in either direction at the moment.

Peter

you should join the I hate forex club. it loves to consolidate then burst for a bit then consolidate. theres good news though, whilst this is happening there are some momentum stocks out there with a 0.01c spread. see chart attached. by the time I printed my screen and uploaded this chart it was 4c higher! lol. all found within 10 seconds on an esignal power scan. no wonder mr charts is smug.

Attachments

• trending stock.png
    trending stock.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 137
lol. I don't hate forex but the market is nothing like it was a few years ago. Even news events don't get the same reaction as they used to. The US afternoon session is completely untradeable anymore. There used to great moves coming out of the US lunch hour and during the last hour of the NYSE open. All gone now. Trading the London session is the only real opportunity anymore but those hours for me are not practical. In case no one has noticed most of my profitable trades I have posted have been during the mid day London session when I can get up to trade it :)

Moving back to stocks certainly is an option.

Peter

lol. I don't hate forex but the market is nothing like it was a few years ago. Even news events don't get the same reaction as they used to. The US afternoon session is completely untradeable anymore. There used to great moves coming out of the US lunch hour and during the last hour of the NYSE open. All gone now. Trading the London session is the only real opportunity anymore but those hours for me are not practical. In case no one has noticed most of my profitable trades I have posted have been during the mid day London session when I can get up to trade it :)

Peter

Could shift yerself over here to civilization, decent hours and genteel poverty
(y)

Could shift yerself over here to civilization, decent hours and genteel poverty
(y)

yeah come to the UK, here you don't pay tax on your 1st £10,000 earnings from 2014. it's alright if you don't want to work we will pay you not to work, no house , no problem we will give you a free house. live in it a few years and you can buy it for say 30% of it's value, then sell it on for a cool 300% profit. you could claim asylum from bernanke and people wonder why we have a debt problem. lol.

yeah and if you have a drink/drug problem you can claim diablement benefit and we give you a car and an income! but you need to hurry cause every tom, dick ( not me) and harry are into this one:)

s&p daily looks like another test of 1400 (cash) you guy's think we go north again? 1400 needs to hold tho and it's quarter end tomorrow

Peter

I was trying to find a normal market instead of that manipulated algo ridden market (better known as eur/usd).

What about DAX? Look at that mas - unbroken, nice order. Just enter and enjoy the ride instead of nervous random moves.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    226 KB · Views: 148
I was trying to find a normal market instead of that manipulated algo ridden market (better known as eur/usd).

What about DAX? Look at that mas - unbroken, nice order. Just enter and enjoy the ride instead of nervous random moves.

Long e usd stop 20 , long at 1.3365

10:00am EUR CPI Flash Estimate y/y
10:00am EUR Italian Prelim CPI m/m
Day 1 EUR ECOFIN Meetings
1:30pm CAD GDP m/m 0.1% 0.4%
1:30pm USD Core PCE Price Index m/m
1:30pm USD Personal Spending m/m
1:30pm USD Personal Income m/m
2:45pm USD Chicago PMI
2:55pm USD Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment
2:55pm USD Revised UoM Inflation Expectations

:?: