Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

3.00 Consumer confidence lower

2% 10 year bonds are not in favour

If a reasonable trader can make 2% in a day, then anyone with any financial knowledge is not going to buy 2% a year bonds for 10 years. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Stopped out -15.

I was all "what the fuuuuuuuu..." on that instant -10 pip spike, lol.

D:

-----

I should have known, though. After such an upswing and piercing 111 to go to 111.25, there weren't that many buyers left. Shucks.

1m chart

Attachments

• eurusd09.gif
    eurusd09.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 113
why is that? might be a bit late in the day for e/u to take off, but you never know!

I'm seriously thinking of no longer trading forex during US afternoons. For the past 2 months extremely thin ranges have been the norm. I don't really know why. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some ES trades and see how it goes.

Peter

Yep, I think that is the case most of the time, but there are always a few exceptions which make you think!

Could be just 'playing dead' right now - very similar setup to last monday when it also played dead - that took off @ 14:00 London time, which is a bit different to 19:00

will go to pub now and forget about e/u for a few hours...

I'm seriously thinking of no longer trading forex during US afternoons. For the past 2 months extremely thin ranges have been the norm. I don't really know why. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some ES trades and see how it goes.

Peter

I don't trade the afternoons myself. Mostly stick to the 7-8am to noon period. After that, it just dies out until day's close.