Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

here's a thought: get up earlier ;)

if we are all agreed the market is now bearish then we need to sell the rallies - that means waiting for a proper rally - boring isn't it?

morning all - good luck

looking for e/u short today - 3250 was very tempting just now, but waiting for a bit more confirmation - signs of weakness yesterday

A dodgy bet imho
If you look on the shorter tf it looks doubtful to me.
About 40/60

here's a thought: get up earlier ;)

if we are all agreed the market is now bearish then we need to sell the rallies - that means waiting for a proper rally - boring isn't it?

It's done 120 points move already - maybe I'm late.

Also Draghi speaks at 16:00 and Bernanke at 16:45. They like talking, don't they?

Any thoughts?

BTW I'm using SB comp. chart. Just wondering if I can rely on them when drawing lines (I've heard some horror stories about some of SB comps having different prices from the market)

I'm looking at the same thing. Wait for a candle to close below the line before shorting though or you end up getting stopped out on a spike/pinbar type candle.

Peter

eur/usd sell order at 149 stop at 169 (will cancel if it goes above 169)

Maybe I should trade something else - this is ridiculous(n)

Last edited:
stick with this one, it's the 900 pound gorilla - I've watched hedge funds try to punt dax futures intraday and they are sh1t at it - so everyone finds intraday trading difficult...

as soon as you posted that, I thought "it'll go 148 bid" because that's probably what everyone else thought would be a "logical" area to place a stop entry sell order - therefore you get filled - therefore market makers are now sitting on a long position - where is the price gonna go?

3200 is a better short area - I have to go out so will trade tomorrow instead

eur/usd sell order at 149 stop at 169 (will cancel if it goes above 169)

Maybe I should trade something else - this is ridiculous(n)

stick with this one, it's the 900 pound gorilla - I've watched hedge funds try to punt dax futures intraday and they are sh1t at it - so everyone finds intraday trading difficult...

as soon as you posted that, I thought "it'll go 148 bid" because that's probably what everyone else thought would be a "logical" area to place a stop entry sell order - therefore you get filled - therefore market makers are now sitting on a long position - where is the price gonna go?

3200 is a better short area - I have to go out so will trade tomorrow instead

Most likely it's going to drop like a stone at some point, but in the meantime it'll cause lot of pain.

Pretty wild swings this morning. V. good profits for anyone who could catch most of e'm.

I just did a lot of watching. Couldn't really tell if there was one direction more in favour than the other.