Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

eur/gbp buy bet at 0.83859 stop at 0.83750

Target? I don't know - I'll see tomorrow when I wake up if I'm still in it.

-11 at 6am
Made me decide not to trade today which is good. :)

I never knew what to do on NFP day - if I leave the stops they get hit, if I remove the stops there is a possibility of a massive adverse move. So came to a really good idea - not to trade.

PS As I'm writing this the price came back to pre stop levels - even if I did the oppostite wouldn't work.

The gurus are talking up gold for next week.
Could be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Just supposing NFP figs are
a) good
b) bad

let's just check what our strategies are going to be.
a) buy usd/ *
b) sell usd/ *

right ? or am I being too simplistic ?

a) good
b) bad

a) buy usd/ *
b) sell usd/ *

i never worry about stuff like that as the move will be brutal and then probably reverse,but to try and answer your question,it totally depends on what the forcast is as to how the market will respond,if better than expected then rise and vice versa.Hope that makes sense

I would say that market reaction is more important than if the figures are better, worse or as expected. They may be good, but not as good as expected and to additionally confuse you there is 'buy the rumour, sell the fact' or 'sell the rumour, buy the fact' thing going on.

I guess if you want to keep it simple, it's best to stay out of all that guessing business.

would like a few more points before the news comes out,id like to take 1/2 of for +10 and leave 1/2 with a stop of -10,so that i have afree trade and may pull my pants down and ride out the news

short usd/jpy at 81.85 sl 81.97, worth a shot at this level

taken off at +1 as news is due and i dont have any pips to play with,whatever happens theres likely to be a spike that will take out my stop as its so close, also with tight stop there is always a chance spreads will be widened to take you out as well

Last edited:
a) good
b) bad

a) buy usd/ *
b) sell usd/ *

It's an a) situation with the good news. US$ are up.

what a flop. NFP used to be 200+ pip days at one time.

Peter

Hi Pete - up at last :)

your calls for me have been 1 winner 1 loser so far. A little more concentration eh bud ?
please

Last edited: