Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

lol.Please do.I spent years looking at everything from mas to gann and came back to trendlines,its simple and the r/r is great. In time you get to spot the ones that work better than others,that can only be achieved through screentime. I havent posted many charts ,vids or trades lately as most dont seemed bothered and I often feel what Im saying is seen as to simple to work.Looks like there are a few other callers who are doing well, so thread picking up.What we dont want is it to get overcrowded.I rarely go back more than a page in any thread,and I assume others are the same

Personally, i think i look at most charts that are posted, if only to confirm what i'm doing or to see if i've missed something which does happen sometimes. Its also interesting to see what works for other people in situations where i can't find a decent trade with my own strategy. I know thats a bit selfish because i don't post as much as some others do.

Its up to you boss, its your thread. But then, when you win that forex contest, you'll be up and gone with your ipod nano thingamabob and there'll be no talking to you! :D

It was much better than my entry. I must work on my patience. I went almost 40 in the hole. But is looking better, and I feel like I will still go positive. :clap:

Why can't I hold my trades? Was such a good entry... Now it's going to drop off the cliff. :(

Pro-tip: when price approaches the 50 for the first time, it will very likely go 5 to 10 pips above before dropping which is why I shorted there.

Of, course -- I can't tell you how far it will drop! I've seen it swing right back up and away to the next 00 before.

Still, it's a rule of thumb for my trades 'round there.

I never thought Id see someone sing the praises of Captain currencies method. That can only work with a lot of discretion imho.

Hi Flash,

As a recent convert to pure price action trading, I would genuinely appreciate any charts and notes that you have to offer.

On a side note, since I am indeed very serious about trading I naturally visited your link........It made me laugh my balls off:clap::clap:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That which is simple is often hardest to understand.

At the start of the thread there are more charts and videos you can look at for my methods. I stopped making them as no one seemed to watch them.i assume it was my dulcet tones that put them off

Personally, i think i look at most charts that are posted, if only to confirm what i'm doing or to see if i've missed something which does happen sometimes. Its also interesting to see what works for other people in situations where i can't find a decent trade with my own strategy. I know thats a bit selfish because i don't post as much as some others do.

Its up to you boss, its your thread. But then, when you win that forex contest, you'll be up and gone with your ipod nano thingamabob and there'll be no talking to you! :D

thats whats the threads for,if people just watch thats fine. As ive said I post trades as it helps my discipline and I know that even if I pass on every trick I know it will still not make anyone a great trader,its never that easy as we all know which is why I question all training methods and mentors

The charts have been bang on the money today,yet I havent exactly made the most of it.Thats why tradings so F4cking hard

Attachments

• 2012-02-16_1641.png
    2012-02-16_1641.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 2012-02-16_1647.png
    2012-02-16_1647.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 122
im getting in way of a steam train but offers good r/r,may come down from here

Attachments

• 2012-02-16_1700.png
    2012-02-16_1700.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 101
His idea is basically sound. However, a good entry method without having to have all eyes glued to the screen all day and night is the issue. So I have come up with a more profitable way of doing it, but not on the 60sma. But my problem is following my rules. I dont trade for a living, have a day job, so can be problematic at time. Just a hobby more than anything.

I never thought Id see someone sing the praises of Captain currencies method. That can only work with a lot of discretion imho.

Flash, how long do you keep your lines on your charts? I see sometimes they go back for days and you've been hitting them again and again from both sides(!!). How do you decide any individual line is no longer useful?

Peter

There we go. Stopped out on G/U, and E/U for a total of -97 pips. Perfect example of breaking your rules and paying the bank instead of the bank paying you.

His idea is basically sound. However, a good entry method without having to have all eyes glued to the screen all day and night is the issue. So I have come up with a more profitable way of doing it, but not on the 60sma. But my problem is following my rules. I dont trade for a living, have a day job, so can be problematic at time. Just a hobby more than anything.

it becomes addictive, you seem to be doing ok,your live calls are clearly ahead,do u plan to go fulltime

Flash, how long do you keep your lines on your charts? I see sometimes they go back for days and you've been hitting them again and again from both sides(!!). How do you decide any individual line is no longer useful?

Peter

I dont really know, just eye sight and a feel for what you think is right. Yes I look at both sides by following the theory that support becomes resistance and vice versa. I think you know what i mean by eye sight. The best ones are clearly the break and pull backs to the line, and when they coincide with resistance or support. As you know we soon find other things to trade.This Aud/jpy trade stopped right on the line,but doesn't mean it will hold.It could fall long way down, if it doesnt I havent lost much.If i hit 50% iM way ahead

No. I am basically in this for a little extra. I love my job, and some other things have come up that would allow me to go full time trading, but I am not anticipating full time trading anytime soon. I am 51, so maybe closer to retirement age, I may trade full time, but staring at a screen watching price action go up and down all the time would drive me insane.

it becomes addictive, you seem to be doing ok,your live calls are clearly ahead,do u plan to go fulltime

taken aussie as both aud/jpy and aud/usd may be on resistance areas

Attachments

• 2012-02-16_1811.png
    2012-02-16_1811.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 84