Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

sell order 1.3184, stop 1.3220.

1/2 +16, 1/2 to b/e.

2nd 1/2 out for +12.

This was an untidy trade. Happy with my entry but exit was poor because of bad mood! lol. Took some profit off the table before i should because i had to go out and felt like i needed to protect my stop, and then took the rest when i got back by which time the price had dropped, missed my target and retraced most of the way. I suppose i made a profit but all a bit ragged.
Just shows the value of the art of knowing when to exit.

This was an untidy trade. Happy with my entry but exit was poor because of bad mood! lol. Took some profit off the table before i should because i had to go out and felt like i needed to protect my stop, and then took the rest when i got back by which time the price had dropped, missed my target and retraced most of the way. I suppose i made a profit but all a bit ragged.
Just shows the value of the art of knowing when to exit.

its so easy to be critical in hindsight, my last stop movement looked great,but often i get screwed because of it.

how do you find using the $ index helps,thanks

the dollar index is merely for corroboration of dollar cross trades for me. The eurusd and dollar index are well correlated at the moment but it isnt always so. For example, if the eurusd breakouts out but the dollar index is heading into resisitance, it makes me reexamine the trade. It doesn't mean i don't take it, just that i double check stuff. Just for comfort, i guess. :)

staying with nzd, stop now at b/e .8338, making sure i at least get something

i tend to look at correlated pair divergence for confirmation,may have a peep at $ index

5m chart. Top of channel

Attachments

• eurusd30.gif
    eurusd30.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 161