Best Thread Live Cable Trading

smbtnt said:
Just had a system trade signal at 8095 and 8078, really need to filter these out when they appear against trend and before major news.

I agree, there's likely to be some serious whipsaw up ahead if I look at previous FOMC charts.

Action right now looks like anticipation boiling over in cable...

Batten down the hatches!

Putting limit at 69, man, I've got a serious problem keeping my eyes open :( I can function quite reasonably on 4 hrs sleep, but I need my naps. Didn't get any the last three days, plus getting up at 5.45CET (often the time I hit the sack) isn't helping any either :cry:

OK, let's fire up Reuters.

Then, I need to decide on likely course. Going for expected 25bp, meaning I need to go long as soon as my short target is hit. C'mon you tired brain cells, just a short burst now :|

Right, standard raise to 5.25%, got the movement ALL WRONG. There, eat crow Marmoset!

*kick* Ow!

*kick* Ouch!

Lucky I got deep pockets and can wait this out... trying to go for minimal damage.

Seems like the whole frustration for the downward move gets unloaded at once... OK pole's there, now the flag.

marmoset said:
Right, standard raise to 5.25%, got the movement ALL WRONG. There, eat crow Marmoset!

*kick* Ow!

*kick* Ouch!

Lucky I got deep pockets and can wait this out... trying to go for minimal damage.

Never ever enter a trade before major news (unless your dad is member of the FOCM board).

Hi chaps Ive not got any part of this both the Dow and Cable hit money off table prices which in theory means the opposit trades are on the table

ie: long Dow and short Cable

Baruch said:
Never ever enter a trade before major news (unless your dad is member of the FOCM board).

I do it all the time :p and my dad, well, let's not talk about him :cheesy:

Just gotta deal with the pain when you're plain wrong, 's all ;)

Gotta take a screenshot of this, it's actually quite beautiful :LOL:

Like DC I'm a little disappointed as I stopped out just before the FOMC with the move below the figure. Luckily had a little in EUR/USD although doesn't come near making up for missing out on Cable.