Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Anyone fancy a quick long (no that's not an offer !!) around 8810....

thanks JackO'Clubs, I'll check what I have set...

Jack o'Clubs said:
Priceman - CMC have an option for OCO orders, but you can only link two orders.

That's one of the advantages of CMS: when I build a MonkeyBounce grid, I can link up as many open orders with SL and Ts as I like. I only have to worry about slippage. But then again, CMC's got the better spread and that counts for something too.

Priceman said:
Anyone fancy a quick long (no that's not an offer !!) around 8810....

thanks JackO'Clubs, I'll check what I have set...

Should hit around PMI time. Yep, worth a gamble, but I'll keep it small. :cheesy:

Long at 51, closed at 56: +5 --> +82

My concentration is horrible this morning, the timing is way off (I could have been up 150 i/o 82 if I could shake the cobwebs out of my head) :(

ZZZZzzzzzzzz what's the waiting for then chaps ? Anyone in ? I got stopped on a short position at the last move up to 8861 ! Should have had it one pip higher and I'd be level at the moment....

nop
we are all just chatting
and pulling oatcake eaters leg a bit
but he has not clicked yet ,that we are pulling his leg

And out of the S58 at 46 for +12: +94

Anybody got a spare cattle prod they wish to lend? Either for me or for the markets... :cheesy:

Marmoset
well done
this kind of short ranging style of things do not suit my style of trading
I like long runs up and down and I trade off the 30 min chart
just cannot do that so far today
I am just going to wait and see how things develop

So Hornblower trades off the 30mins, I mostly look at 60's for the same reason as HB. What time frame is the most popular for the regulars on here?

hornblower said:
Marmoset
well done
this kind of short ranging style of things do not suit my style of trading
I like long runs up and down and I trade off the 30 min chart
just cannot do that so far today
I am just going to wait and see how things develop

Hi Hornblower,

I missed out on most of the long moves (cobwebs up the belfry), that's my ranting about earlier. But when nothing develops, I can still job a narrow range, though this morning I've had real problems not nodding off... even after three mugs of stiff coffee and Megadeth with volume cranked to near max on the headphones. ;)
Anyway, I'm using the 15min chart, but action was so slow I've opened up the 1min and scalped from it, sheer boredom.

PS: whenever I start typing the market jumps 10 pips... :| That was the "my timing and concentration are off" bit of the earlier rant. Oh well, let's see what happens at NY 8.30...

Chaps, did any of you see my lurvely little chart I posted on one of the other threads... Just in case it's helpful; at a glance times for the major players... Let me know if it's not correct or helpful and I'll go away and cry :cry:

Attachments

• summer trading hours.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 314
Priceman said:
Chaps, did any of you see my lurvely little chart I posted on one of the other threads... Just in case it's helpful; at a glance times for the major players... Let me know if it's not correct or helpful and I'll go away and cry :cry:

They're correct, major action: 8-9am Tokyo, 8 Paris, 8 London, 8.30 NY

If you want it realtime: this time zone map reads your IP address and gives correct times for your time zone. Just hit refresh for updates.

EDIT: I've got the open and close times for Tokyo, Continent, London and NY on a Post-It note stuck to my 2nd screen, right next to the one with the phone numbers of my broker's spot desk and their tech support. Just to show you how important that type of stuff is. ;)

Last edited:
This baby's gonna break very soon what say you lot ? Further up or down though that is the million dollar question... diminishing triangles

Priceman said:
This baby's gonna break very soon what say you lot ? Further up or down though that is the million dollar question... diminishing triangles

Yep, triangle formed out nicely on the 15min, both in cable and eurodolly, a bit flatter on the topside, but I wouldn't bet on it. A break-out above 65 (cable) would settle it though for going long, 40 for going short.

anyone having trouble loging in to VT Trader charts?

ok i am in :D

Last edited: