Best Thread Live Cable Trading

TheBramble said:
Red candles getting shorter - running out of steam.

Out at 8594.

Two equal size tranches. One from 8735 (+141) and one from 8707 (+113). Total +254. But it was a bit of a haul from 09:24 to 14:36. There has to be an easier way to earn a living.

Very nice indeed, congrats. Even if it then went down to 49 which would have hit your initial target of 8561. But it's better to be roughly right than precisely wrong, isn't it?

marmoset said:
Very nice indeed, congrats. Even if it then went down to 49 which would have hit your initial target of 8561. But it's better to be roughly right than precisely wrong, isn't it?
Eh?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=255929&postcount=6967

My target was always 8655 n(not 8651 which was the bottom of my range). It did hit my initial target, but I chose to stay in the trade and on down to 8594 as the momentum was significant on the break through that lower level of my range.

Perhaps I misunderstand your comments.

TheBramble said:
Eh?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=255929&postcount=6967

My target was always 8655 n(not 8651 which was the bottom of my range). It did hit my initial target, but I chose to stay in the trade and on down to 8594 as the momentum was significant on the break through that lower level of my range.

Perhaps I misunderstand your comments.

Sorry, confusion over the big figure. Thought you had a secondary target of 8561 (numbers inverted, my bad, happens when I gloss over a posting). Anyway, staying in was the wise thing to do and deserves kudos.

Nope. 8561 never featured in my plan. I did (first post of day) suggest a run down to 8500 wasn't impossible.

marmoset said:
Baruch, see post 6968:
"Now sitting on the sidelines looking for a long entry, tiny position"

I'm not betting the castle, just the outhouse :p

A castle with a outhouse? ;) Well, your method works - that's the most important. So maybe you should bet your horse the next time?

I wish...

After last week I've only been paper trading and caught most of it. (Typical!)

Once it dropped to start 530 seemed very likely for a couple of reasons. (see charts)

Attachments

• 1a.gif
    1a.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 1b.gif
    1b.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 199
Priceman said:
Hi Baruch, I checked out quite a lot of the pages myself last night till 0100 !! It's worth searching through though the results are damn fine ! Look about four or five pages back for the last version of how it works... Marmoset answered quite a few of my questions there.

Good trading to all

I can't find the rules - can someone repeat them? - and I don't think marmoset is still trading this method... :rolleyes:

Baruch said:
I can't find the rules - can someone repeat them? - and I don't think marmoset is still trading this method... :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of posts that I cut and pasted into a word doc...

He is still working on the method but trades discretion mode when he can...

Hope this is helpful

Attachments

• Monkeybounce.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 218
Priceman said:
Here's a couple of posts that I cut and pasted into a word doc...

He is still working on the method but trades discretion mode when he can...

Hope this is helpful

Thank you, but I can't open the file. :cry:

Baruch said:
Thank you, but I can't open the file. :cry:

Here it is then out of the word doc....

Hi,

I'm new to posting here, lurked for a while though.

23.27GMT went long .2 at 8250 (limit entry breakout, anticipating classical Tokyo 40pips up)
05.27GMT closed out at 8270 for 20pips as it had stalled at 8277, not reaching my goal of 8290

reversed to short .1 at 8270 looking for a pre-Big Ben down to 8230
entered limitbuy of .1 at 8234 with limit to 8254 to catch pre-Big Ben correction

If pre-Big Ben works out, I'll go short at 8254 to see it down to 8200, off of which a big figure bounce is likely to occur.

To answer likely questions: real money, 15min, EMA 7, 20, 40, Bollis, MACD, pivots daily

20 pips before my first coffee, nice way to start the day

PS: putting in a safety net entry stop buy of .1 at 8278 in case the upward madness continues...
Better safe than sorry.

Well, while I'm all talkative and in confessional mode, here goes:

I use daily pivots, bollinger bands and MACD on a 15min chart.

I don't use a system, it's more of a method:
- stay away from big figures
- bounces occur off of big figures and resistance/support levels
- don't get greedy - play it tame, the money's the same
- hedge your longs with shorts and vice versa
- short spurts are more likely to happen than long rushes
- daily average move up/down in cable is 175

I don't have steel balls, I just use liquid nitrogen for blood

My mainstay are the daily pivot and s/r levels, all the rest is show.
News is very important.
I don't know if it's going up or down, EVER. I go for the possibility, not even the PROBABILITY of it.
Just try to figure out short spurts, bounce-off levels (also known as hurdles) and how far past the hurdle the rate will *safely* go.

That's all there is to it.

Findings:
I have two major underperformers in my dogsled team: S44 and L57 They're pulling the pipcount down considerably, even into the negative if MonkeyBounce were an automated system.

Switched them around to L44 and S57. Much better!
Some tweaking:
1) trend bias: lead dog L08 gets double position, SL78 (30pips) ok, LIM43 (35pips) ok
2) S57 ran better a bit further away from the middle, so now is S63
3) L44 performs best as a sprinter on a short leash: SL 15pips LIM 20pips
4) S63, on the contrary, sprints better on a long leash of 30pips SL (counterintuitive at +20 limit)
5) S91 stumbled too often on the finish line 35pips, so now LIM is 30pips
6) S91 also got a trend bias: the leash is shortened to 20pips, in case the big fig doesn't hold.

So, new line-up:
L08, SL78, LIM43, performing 58.8% of the time. Good dawg!
L44, SL29, LIM64, performs at 52.9%. Big contributor to bottom line, sprints off most often. Wow!
S63, SL93, LIM43, performs at 68.2%. Real hellhound, that one!
S91, SL11, LIM61, performs at 50%, another workdog.
Overall performance: 57.5%

Ready for next week's Iditarod?
MUUUUSH!!!
PS: raw figures (note: only one position is open at the same time for the same entry point):

L08, 10 winners, 7 losers, +140pips (not counting double position, that's $$$ diff., not pip diff.)
L44, 36 winners, 32 losers, +240pips
S63, 30 winners, 14 losers, +180 pips (seriously considering doubling position on that one )
S91, 12 winners, 12 losers, +120 pips

total pips for the week: +680 (week's low: 8512, high 9016 = +404)
average per day: +136, to be taken with a grain of salt:
Monday: +10, MaxDrawdown: -50, MaxProfit: +65 --> 55pips given back

Tuesday: +135, MaxDD: 0 (lowest: +10), MaxP: +145 --> 10pips given back

Wednesday: +240, MaxDD: -20 , MaxP: +240 --> 0 pips given back

Thursday: +140, MaxDD: -60, MaxP: +225 --> 85 pips given back

Friday: +155, MaxDD: 0 (lowest: +20), MaxP: +235 --> 80 pips given back

PPS: Will get me a broker in due time with 3 pips spread, above are 153pips (1 pip spread diff.) going to the broker instead of into my pockets.

Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but...I checked the link Baruch provided (thanks Baruch) to Bunnygirl's thread and the 401 pages of posts on a simple system...

I think if you look at the subsequent posts to that one on this thread and you'd have a hard time not visualising a troop of monkeys scampering all over a banana tree.

As I say, I really don't mean offence and I'm not thinking of anyone individually, but this is all not nonsense exactly, it all works until it doesn't, but you're building on so many caveats and discretionary bits & bobs to handle those times it doesn't 'work' you've ended up with something which is largely incomprehensible, complex and therefore most likely, untradeable.

What shakes me up more than a little is that this very topic, or one extremely close, will most likely come up again, either on this site or another one, in another year or 18 months.

Bunnygirl and everyone else who ever had a 'hot' system (JonnyT springs to mind) either fell foul of changing market dynamics (and they are always changing) or had to tweak and patch and cut and paste and glue and tie and bind until it just about hung together again, for a while longer.

The thing is, we all recognise that the simpler the system, the better, the easier the more tradeable the more profitable it is. And yet there seems to be this fascination with making it more complex. Well, actually it's not a fascination with increasingly complexity, it's more an unwillingness to let go of the time and effort already invested in 'finding' or building a system which worked (past tense) in the first place. Ego.

The reason the tried & tested (anyone NOT bored yet?) systems that have stood the test of time work, is because there is nothing complex about them. They go to the root of the issue which is not fundamental market dynamics, nor commercial perspectives, but always personal psychological perspectives and how they are manipulated into mass market action.

I may well come back and delete this post later when I realise just how pointless you know it is now, it was.

TheBramble said:
Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but...I checked the link Baruch provided (thanks Baruch) to Bunnygirl's thread and the 401 pages of posts on a simple system...

I think if you look at the subsequent posts to that one on this thread and you'd have a hard time not visualising a troop of monkeys scampering all over a banana tree.

As I say, I really don't mean offence and I'm not thinking of anyone individually, but this is all not nonsense exactly, it all works until it doesn't, but you're building on so many caveats and discretionary bits & bobs to handle those times it doesn't 'work' you've ended up with something which is largely incomprehensible, complex and therefore most likely, untradeable.

What shakes me up more than a little is that this very topic, or one extremely close, will most likely come up again, either on this site or another one, in another year or 18 months.

Bunnygirl and everyone else who ever had a 'hot' system (JonnyT springs to mind) either fell foul of changing market dynamics (and they are always changing) or had to tweak and patch and cut and paste and glue and tie and bind until it just about hung together again, for a while longer.

The thing is, we all recognise that the simpler the system, the better, the easier the more tradeable the more profitable it is. And yet there seems to be this fascination with making it more complex. Well, actually it's not a fascination with increasingly complexity, it's more an unwillingness to let go of the time and effort already invested in 'finding' or building a system which worked (past tense) in the first place. Ego.

The reason the tried & tested (anyone NOT bored yet?) systems that have stood the test of time work, is because there is nothing complex about them. They go to the root of the issue which is not fundamental market dynamics, nor commercial perspectives, but always personal psychological perspectives and how they are manipulated into mass market action.

I may well come back and delete this post later when I realise just how pointless you know it is now, it was.

Too late, Bramble. You can't delete it now :cheesy: .

I agree with you, and if you read this thread about a new system, you will also see, how "the guru" all the time adds new rules to explain the losses away:

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16540&page=1&pp=40

But where are those "the tried & tested systems", you are talking about?

I am using a 2min and 5 min chart to trade the gbp/usd , and the eur/usd ,
and I am doing ok , but when the price is running flat and then ,the price takes off and you get 2, 5 min up bars, all indicators show an uptrend is beginning , and then a complete reversal ,
any indicators that I might be able to fiddle about with to anticipation this, would be
helpful .
I am using cmc softwear ,
I accept that in any system there must be some draw downs, and you may get it wrong some of the time,
,I am just trying to get a little closer to getting it right more of the time .
Hornblower

Last edited:
Baruch said:
But where are those "the tried & tested systems", you are talking about?
Well, I know you know them. We all do. Central operating levels established by Frankfurt and London 'opens' (only talking Cable here). Basic Support & Resistance. Maybe a little Fib thrown in here and there (they work because they work when they work and when they don't they don't). Tick pressure (sorry, can't live without my proxy shot). Managing the trade based on price action as it develops - or doesn't. All basic, unflashy, no glitz, no glitter stuff.