Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Good morning all. I see that Marmoset is doing well and has provided rationale for his trades. More importantly, he seems more than willing to admit to his losses (unlike that idiot 7th Signal on the "Advanced Structured trading " thread). Long may it continue.

Baruch..you still trading the Big Baruch these days?

I agree as well
If he gets it wrong ,he says so
I had not thought , or had the courage to , put in buys and sells , above and below the price, and go to bed , I would never sleep
I think that I gives you things to think about

Last edited:
zuke said:
Good morning all. I see that Marmoset is doing well and has provided rationale for his trades. More importantly, he seems more than willing to admit to his losses (unlike that idiot 7th Signal on the "Advanced Structured trading " thread). Long may it continue.

Baruch..you still trading the Big Baruch these days?

Yes, but I have - again - changed the rules, so I also watch USD/JPY, which leads the way in the morning.

PS. What about you, zuke, still trading Big Ben?

Last edited:
Baruch said:
I have not been "badgering and criticising" Marmoset and his trades in any way. Why shouId I? I follow them with great interest. So please stop being nasty against me and others here. :(

Baruch,

Apologies if i got the wrong end of the stick.

smbtnt said:
Baruch,

Your posts are starting to annoy me, what marmoset is doing on this thread is something unique, he is posting his trades live and has kindly shared his monkeybounce strategy with the rest of his members expecting nothing in return.
Kindly refrain from constantly badgering and criticising his technique unless you have something significant to say which will benefit the the other members.

Never mind smbtnt, they don't annoy me. Questions are good, helps me clarify things. And obviously trading styles differ. Baruch is questioning some valid points (tight stops for example, in a volatile currency?), curious on others (my sleeping hours) and has been generally pleasant. No abuse. Plus, he's giving me pointers, like for example the correlation between eur/usd and gbp/usd.

Actually, I had been expecting flak out of every quarter for something as simple (too simple?) as MonkeyBounce. But up until now, nada, zilch. Really a pleasant forum here, me like :cheesy:

MonkeyBounce is bound to raise some heckles, as it seems to be a "black box for dummies", easy money, guaranteed-to-work, fire-and-forget, get-rich-quick money making scheme, denying all the time, study and hard work every trader had to put in to get some proficiency in market knowledge.
I mean, come on, four levels, stoplosses, limits... That's it??? No MA, Fibo, Indicators, complex formulas??? Just number crunching??? :devilish: Closest thing to it was Danger Field's remarks, a bit patronizing but quite valid observations of what I think is a big bank trader. Nothing out of bounds though.

So keep it coming y'all, I'm learning with leaps and bounds here :cool:

V levels at 8705, 8740 and 8760 and 8910, 8940 on the upside.

'Unless Ben Bernanke moves off script and comments on economics or monetary policy, Today looks to be a quiet session. Attention will turn to economic data later in the week including durable goods orders on Wednesday and what could be a big GDP revision on Thursday'

Baruch said:
Yes, but I have - again - changed the rules, so I also watch USD/JPY, which leads the way in the morning.

PS. What about you, zuke, still trading Big Ben?

No, I now trade a modified version of the Vegas tunnel method and absolutely loving it. Picked up a 377 pip gain on Gold by using it as it works across a few different markets.

On Cable, I have a sell order in at 785 and am generally bearing at the moment (although still unsure whether this is just a correction or real dollar strength). Be interesting to see what Bernanke has to say at 2pm

As I havent been on here for a while..can someone give me a link to the MonkeyBounce Strat?? Thanks!

OK, on the L35, he's out of the team and on the bench till I've figured out if it only works in up days or sideways days. Will see if tweaking it is possible, but that's rather time consuming (Excel really gets the vapours when you have 23 formulas calculating on some 60'000 hi/lo prices for the week to be tested. There goes another Saturday...). L35

Also, he's a problem when it comes to coding a system. Visual Trader can't distinguish one open long from another when stoplosses or limits are hit. Even though my broker seems to have a FIFO (first in, first out) rule, the overlap between L05 and L35 may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I'll see once it's coded and on the demo account chugging away. But that's future music, first need to (re)learn how to code, been a while since my TurboPascal days...

marmoset said:
Plus, he's giving me pointers, like for example the correlation between eur/usd and gbp/usd.

This morning - around 7.00 gmt - Cable made a new high, but it was not confirmed by Euro, which did not make a high. And the support in USD/JPY and USD/CHF was not broken. What happened? Cable fell 80 pips.

Baruch said:
This morning - around 7.00 gmt - Cable made a new high, but it was not confirmed by Euro, which did not make a high. And the support in USD/JPY and USD/CHF was not broken. What happened? Cable fell 80 pips.

I also like the cross correlation chaps between the various currencies on deciding when to come out or even get in. If the others are diving then cable should continue up. Otherwise I get all nervous and get out, sometimes too early but it's all about the discipline hey !

Baruch said:

I see the day's high at 8884, 1 pip short of S85... :rolleyes:

So here I am kicking myself for not putting in the levels before retiring to bed. Discretionary mode OFF, insert MonkeyBounce, off to ZZZZ land. Should be 2nd nature to me by now I'd guess, but noooo... :eek:

Well, with all this yakking I forgot to put in the L15 :(

*kick* Ow!

:LOL:

edited: L15, not L05

Zuke,

Just for interest, are your mods to Vegas Tunnel to the EMA levels, or to the way it uses Fib to take profits?

zuke said:
As I havent been on here for a while..can someone give me a link to the MonkeyBounce Strat?? Thanks!

Summary of results on #6716, page 672

In a nutshell:
plaster the chart with hedged limit entries:
long at 15, stoploss at 05, target 40, reason: bounce off of big figure
(long at 35, stoploss at 20, target 65) no more, notorious underperformer
short at 55, stoploss at 70, target 45, reason: just a scalper that works more often than not
short at 85, stoploss at 95, target 60, reason: bounce off of big figure

Top performers are L15 and S85, geared toward a 1.5 risk/reward multiple.
Results come in at 125% daily range.

Right, naptime! Studded the field with MonkeyBounce, off to ZZZZ land ;)