Best Thread Live Cable Trading

marmoset said:
I didn't, that happened over about a 45 minutes timespan. Just added to my open post, given that I was all alone in here last night. No need to clog up the thread with oneliners ;)

OK, do you never sleep? :cheesy:

marmoset said:
Went short at 17, sl 27 (opening triangle formation), but it may bounce off pivot and big figure. Slide down the Bollis again... Thar she blows!!

Only a 10 pips sl - that's not much in Cable with a 4 pips spread... :confused:

Baruch said:
OK, do you never sleep? :cheesy:

3-4 hours per stretch, then a lunchtime nap. Big sleep catch-up Friday night. :cool:

short at 05 again (dang, my 85 short got missed by 1 (one) pip :()

clarification: I meant the 8885 half an hour earlier

Baruch said:
Only a 10 pips sl - that's not much in Cable with a 4 pips spread... :confused:

Bounce-off danger, better keep it tight there. I think the tune is set for the next hour or so: Bolli slide

Hmm, not much enthusiasm there for the Bolli slide, must be a lot of stop entries on the big fig and pivot.

Morning,

The 8940 is still active on cable, ideally it should have hit yesterday but nothing is ideal in FX. Maybe cable is taking a breather after 250point rally. The other interesting thing I have noticed is when eur/gbp shows strength the cable target does not get hit on the same day.
Euro, swss and yen all hit V levels yesterday afternoon while cable is struggling below 8900.
Patience is certainly a virtue.

Patience is indeed a virtue. Sitting on the sidelines, see what develops. Time for some backtesting, 1st week of March 05 looking like a nice strong downslide...

What's a V level?

Baruch,

Your posts are starting to annoy me, what marmoset is doing on this thread is something unique, he is posting his trades live and has kindly shared his monkeybounce strategy with the rest of his members expecting nothing in return.
Kindly refrain from constantly badgering and criticising his technique unless you have something significant to say which will benefit the the other members.

Just did further calculations on the V levels for cable, 8910 is showing up as well as the original 8940.

marmoset said:
Patience is indeed a virtue. Sitting on the sidelines, see what develops. Time for some backtesting, 1st week of March 05 looking like a nice strong downslide...

What's a V level?

Look at post# 6566

To calculate Vacuum levels I use Gartley patterns and market profile data. Basically when used in conjuction it simply identifies which levels provide a gravitational pull on price for that day or subsequent days.

For further info on gartley i recommend :
http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f46/collection-butterflies-17228/

smbtnt said:
Baruch,

Your posts are starting to annoy me, what marmoset is doing on this thread is something unique, he is posting his trades live and has kindly shared his monkeybounce strategy with the rest of his members expecting nothing in return.
Kindly refrain from constantly badgering and criticising his technique unless you have something significant to say which will benefit the the other members.

I totally agree with you mate.....Marmoset is one these guys that has changed this thread around and has really made this a live cable thread......

"To critisize is easier than to help......."

Happy trading everyone......

Backtesting results for 21-25 March 05: 5 straight down days, 545 pips range, from 1.9205 to 1.8660

L05: +125 (big figure bounces seem to work on major downtrends as well)
L35: -150 (to be expected)
S55: flat (huh??) :eek:
S85: +250 (to be expected)
total: +225, that's only 41.3% of the range. Not too bad considering a fixed set of rules.
MaxDrawDown: -75
MaxProfit: +260

In case you might wonder where I get my data:right here at Gain Capital , data all the way back to 2000

Start to get the idea that the S35 is an underperformer (on the 2006 figs it barely broke even), I'm considering going with just L05, S55 and S85, as they contribute 40%, 20%, 40% respectively.
Lemme get another coffee...

stopped out at 48: +13 --> +4

smbtnt said:
Look at post# 6566

To calculate Vacuum levels I use Gartley patterns and market profile data. Basically when used in conjuction it simply identifies which levels provide a gravitational pull on price for that day or subsequent days.

For further info on gartley i recommend :
http://www.moneytec.com/forums/f46/collection-butterflies-17228/

Ah, ok, V stands for Vacuum. Thanks for the link *hits printer*, will look at it on my commute to work.

smbtnt said:
Baruch,

I have not been "badgering and criticising" Marmoset and his trades in any way. Why shouId I? I follow them with great interest. So please stop being nasty against me and others here. :(