Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Why do I have the creeping feeling there's a false b/o in the air? Is it Trichet's speech looming on the horizon?

OMG, is this typical trader's paranoia? :eek:

marmoset said:
CMS, for the ability to trade 2-way (hedging), not too hot at 4 pips spread on cable though.

OK, I use Saxo Bank, and the spread is right now 3,5 pips, but sometimes 5 pips. :eek:

PS. Do you only trade Cable?

marmoset said:
Why do I have the creeping feeling there's a false b/o in the air? Is it Trichet's speech looming on the horizon?

OMG, is this typical trader's paranoia? :eek:

The Trichet speech is the only important issue today. The problem with that is, that nobody can understand what he says... :cheesy:

Baruch said:
OK, I have Saxo Bank, and the spread is now 3,5 pips, but sometimes 5 pips. :eek:

PS. Do you only trade Cable?

Yep, still learning the ropes. Stick to one currency pair, learn its ins and outs, then move on to the other majors. Normally FX driving school is EUR/USD but that didn't quite tickle my fancy, wanted something with more volatility (there's old ones and bold ones, I know :p)

marmoset said:
Yep, still learning the ropes. Stick to one currency pair, learn its ins and outs, then move on to the other majors. Normally FX driving school is EUR/USD but that didn't quite tickle my fancy, wanted something with more volatility (there's old ones and bold ones, I know :p)

OK, but in the morning it's very usefull to watch USD/JPY. The problem with Cable is that it's - most of the time - the slave of EUR/USD. So I watch them both. ;)

marmoset said:
Could also be that IT disabled Java in IE. Check in Extras>Internet options>Advanced if there's a tick mark in the Java box.

hmm...I think you are right but the only tabs i have available in IE are: general, privacy, content and programs...the other tabs have been locked in this version of IE :mad:

Is there a another method of manipulating IE settings? maybe via registry ?

fyi: under add-ons, sun java is enabled

Baruch said:
The Trichet speech is the only important issue today. The problem with that is, that nobody can understand what he says... :cheesy:

Ees not ze problème, I speek ze French. It's his Frenglish that's ugh :rolleyes:

Popping in an entry short at 8799 for a bounce off the pivot

Baruch said:
OK, but in the morning it's very usefull to watch USD/JPY. The problem with Cable is that it's - most of the time - the slave of EUR/USD. So I watch them both. ;)

What I mean: If there has been no UK news, I don't trade a BO in Cable, if it's not confirmed by Euro. Because most of the time such a unconfirmed BO in Cable is just a stop-hunting spike.

5 minute chart

Hmmm - failed short of Asian overnight range.(Broke out of lower channel line then re-entered) :confused:
Any announcements due today ?
Has anyone tried/tested re-entry/reversal of price within range channel lines?? :?:

Attachments

• dollartues.JPG
    dollartues.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 139
baze said:
I had a problem like this when I visited Budapest recently. Had a broadband connection at the hotel but could not access any trading or secure payment sites. Turned out that I had to enter the proxy settings in my browser after enquiring with the hotel IT expert. Maybe someone at work has altered something like this..

Hope this helps

:) :) :) Fantastic news, i located java in control panel and changed the network settings to proxy from browser, my charts and broker page work perfectly ...for now anyway

Thanks for all your help.

Now I can get back to some hardcore vacuum ripping!! :devilish:

Euro 5 min

Baruch said:
What I mean: If there has been no UK news, I don't trade a BO in Cable, if it's not confirmed by Euro. Because most of the time such a unconfirmed BO in Cable is just a stop-hunting spike.

The Euro had a false break low as did $ (Asian overnight range) - Now its broke the high of Asian overnight...SO - real break or a wibbly wobbly day ;)

Attachments

• euromon.JPG
    euromon.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 169
smbtnt said:
hmm...I think you are right but the only tabs i have available in IE are: general, privacy, content and programs...the other tabs have been locked in this version of IE :mad:

Is there a another method of manipulating IE settings? maybe via registry ?

fyi: under add-ons, sun java is enabled

Hmmm, don't know and my Windows XP Pro Complete guide wasn't much help on hacking the registry either. Don't think it's much use (and way too dangerous). Guess you'll have to sweettalk IT.

Closed out L40 at 65: +25: 37+25: +62

Right, naptime! (Think it'll be a wibbly wobbly day, but then again, MACD pointing up, price at upper bolli with that bolli actually pointing up: this may turn into an elevator ride...)