Best Thread Live Cable Trading

I meant8.30 London time, that's 9.30 CET.

Frankfurt opens 8.00 CET, 7.00 London.
Well, we've had an hour of downgrind in late Tokyo, looking for a continuation down to 8600.

went short at 83, target 58 (if it doesn't hit by the time I'm off to the dental lab), sl a bit wider, at 8713.

Frankfurt and London battling happens 50/50. Frankfurt downhill happens 75% for some 40-50pips, usually lasts from 8.00 to 9.30 CET, then try to play an outbreak either up or down (75-100pips) at 25 pips above/below bottom.

marmoset said:
I meant8.30 London time, that's 9.30 CET.

Frankfurt opens 8.00 CET, 7.00 London.
Well, we've had an hour of downgrind in late Tokyo, looking for a continuation down to 8600.

Thank you. Are you sure the British sleeps so long and starts working so late? ;) To me it seems many moves starts before 8.30 London time.

marmoset said:
went short at 83, target 58 (if it doesn't hit by the time I'm off to the dental lab), sl a bit wider, at 8713.

Frankfurt and London battling happens 50/50. Frankfurt downhill happens 75% for some 40-50pips, usually lasts from 8.00 to 9.30 CET, then try to play an outbreak either up or down (75-100pips) at 25 pips above/below bottom.

Good call Marmoset :cheesy:

Closed out at +30, +50 for the day. London open right about now. Gotta run!

Happy trading everybody!

marmoset said:

Anybody take that? Nice 100 pip move (while I was out :()

marmoset said:
Went long at 34, sl 20 target 68... Risky move there, teetering at top Bolli band

Good luck mate. Waiting for the E12 Trade Balance at 10am before next entry.

Doesn't look to confidence-inspiring, the way it hangs at late Tokyo's high... Platform doesn't let me tighten my stop. OK, mental stop at 8725, go short below that

And Reuters news on platform is down too... :mad:

stopped out long at 25: -13 --> +37, closed out short a b/e (shouldn't have taken it in the first place)

entry long at 35 sl 20 target 65
entry short at 8699 sl 14 target 69

Hope all of you had a great w/e.

I posted this on a different thread but without any successful replies.
I am struggling to connect to any java web charts from work, this has significantly effected my intraday trading results. I would real appreciate any help on this matter from my fellow fx traders.
I am posting the screen image below, I have checked for java software on my pc and both versions; j2re 1.4.2_10 and j2se 1.5.0_06 are installed.

thanks in advance,

Attachments

• java.JPG
    java.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 113
marmoset said:
Doesn't look to confidence-inspiring, the way it hangs at late Tokyo's high... Platform doesn't let me tighten my stop. OK, mental stop at 8725, go short below that

And Reuters news on platform is down too... :mad:

What timeframe do you use?

smbtnt said:

I am struggling to connect to any java web charts from work, this has significantly effected my intraday trading results. I would real appreciate any help on this matter from my fellow fx traders.
I am posting the screen image below, I have checked for java software on my pc and both versions; j2re 1.4.2_10 and j2se 1.5.0_06 are installed.

thanks in advance,

I had a problem like this when I visited Budapest recently. Had a broadband connection at the hotel but could not access any trading or secure payment sites. Turned out that I had to enter the proxy settings in my browser after enquiring with the hotel IT expert. Maybe someone at work has altered something like this..

Hope this helps

Baruch said:
What timeframe do you use?

15min, with daily pivots, Bolling bands (standard settings) and MACD (standard settings)

oh, and moved out entry long to 40

marmoset said:
15min, with daily pivots, Bolling bands (standard settings) and MACD (standard settings)

oh, and moved out entry long to 40

OK, and which broker?

baze said:
I had a problem like this when I visited Budapest recently. Had a broadband connection at the hotel but could not access any trading or secure payment sites. Turned out that I had to enter the proxy settings in my browser after enquiring with the hotel IT expert. Maybe someone at work has altered something like this..

Hope this helps

Yes, there have been changes here, IE has been upgraded to version6 and sp2 and most settings have been locked down ( i have admin rights on my pc though), and the OS to XP pro sp2, this has obviously caused the problem....I have no idea where to go from here as my proxy settings cannot be edited.

smbtnt said:

thanks in advance,

Could also be that IT disabled Java in IE. Check in Extras>Internet options>Advanced if there's a tick mark in the Java box.