Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Still got hold of my short at 7785. Holding on for a break of 7730.....which is breaking as I type, next stop 7700. Hopefully.

everyone seems to be short today, was it because of my short view on the market, with a target of 1,7650 :cheesy:

JonnyT, could I ask what data feed you use for cash trading?
Are the IB charts (TWS) worth considering (although I haven't been able to get charts to work yet :eek: error message "no historical market data for GBP/Cash@IDEAL pro")

Last edited:
JonnyT said:
No, it most certainly wasn't, though its looking pretty good.

JonnyT
Ok I take you word for it ;)

Jonny I know you trade EUR.USD on futures. But who do you trade GBP.USD with.

I'm using the TWS chart realtime.

Just right click on the GBP IdealPro in TWS, choose analysis, choose realtime charts. See attached file

Works a treat though it is intensive on the CPU so be warned.

Failing that the www.dailyfx.com charts are fine as the differences between the data feeds are negliable on the 1 hour timescale I'm using.

JonnyT

Attachments

• 1 hour.jpg
    1 hour.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 200
Jonny no my question was who do you trade the GBP/USD with is it S/B

For charts I like V trader

Good call on the 7650 target badtrader ; how did you come up with that ? I only was looking for 7700. Its not that I am complaining or anything....... ;)

badtrader said:
[I used to manage and trade Forex hedge fund accounts for high net worth individuals, funds and banks. ;)

Hmmm - sounds as if your methodology might be a bit more sophisticated than my lucky coin.......

The 17650 level is the 50 % retracement for the low on Oct 12 to the high 27 of Oct.Their is also a head and shoulders from the 25 Oct to 31 Oct, neck line broke 17730 the high was 17900 so the target is 17630. Just a couple of reason for the 17630 17650 target .

Breadman

breadman said:
The 17650 level is the 50 % retracement for the low on Oct 12 to the high 27 of Oct.Their is also a head and shoulders from the 25 Oct to 31 Oct, neck line broke 17730 the high was 17900 so the target is 17630. Just a couple of reason for the 17630 17650 target .

Breadman
I can give you any number on a chart and you will find a reason, why it should be this or that. Tell me what you think of the 1,7560 level

badtrader said:
I can give you any number on a chart and you will find a reason, why it should be this or that. Tell me what you think of the 1,7560 level

could someone put a chart up because IMHO it all depends on the time-frame?

badtrader said:

The 17580 17590 level would be the next one to watch. If you are greedy you might hold out for 17560.

Breadman