Best Thread Live Cable Trading

why short atm?
trend is up.. why take the added risk of fading the trend?

only my opinion :)

Attachments

• why short.JPG
    why short.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 184
YachtFund said:
How long do your trades last darktone?

i position trade..2 days / month.

i understand the shorter term view.. just never been any good at it :)

The one hour chart is in uptrend from the break of 1.7768. A break of 1.7720 would signal a switch to a downtrend IMHO.

JonnyT

Its all in how we view different timeframes, the smallest ill consider is 4hr.It suits me. i guess im longer term than most on here.

for me:-
higher highs and higher lows = uptrend
lower highs and lower lows = downtrend

simple!

should have also remembered also the folly in posting live trades!!! its a true jinx for me :LOL:

samtron said:
are you still hanging in there darktone? its been a difficult 1.5 hrs for the trade?

Of course i am! why wouldnt i be? ive found nothing difficult about the trade.

ill loose small / get out BE / win small ------ win big.

the market hasnt decided that yet! ;)

Last edited:
darktone said:
Its all in how we view different timeframes, the smallest ill consider is 4hr.It suits me. i guess im longer term than most on here.

for me:-
higher highs and higher lows = uptrend
lower highs and lower lows = downtrend

simple!

should have also remembered also the folly in posting live trades!!! its a true jinx for me :LOL:

If I worked with 4hr time frames to enter/exit, I don't think I could resist switching to a much shorter time frames to watch the trade develop :rolleyes:

samtron said:
If I worked with 4hr time frames to enter/exit, I don't think I could resist switching to a much shorter time frames to watch the trade develop :rolleyes:

nor could I.. i stopped (not soon enough) when i realised how much it cost me!.

Would you believe me if I said I was short contertrend from 1.7793 :LOL:

The reason I shorted was because there is almost certainly going to be a countermove from the UK open going up a lot.

Downtrend now confirmed by break of 1.7760

JonnyT

I believe you Jonny - I am short from 96 hence my question earlier about the trend.
I did not post my trade as I forgot at the time; I thought the thread was entitled Live Cable Trading............ ;)

By the way - what about starting a weekly thread - would it not make things a bit more organised?

Would you believe me if I said I was short contertrend from 1.7793

Why not! good luck with it JT! :)

By the way - what about starting a weekly thread - would it not make things a bit more organised?

true.. im the one confusing the issue with the larger TFs. That said.. posting trades for me has never been a good thing! :LOL:

JonnyT said:
Would you believe me if I said I was short contertrend from 1.7793 :LOL:

The reason I shorted was because there is almost certainly going to be a countermove from the UK open going up a lot.

Downtrend now confirmed by break of 1.7760

JonnyT

JonnyT, does that mean your breakfast this morning ended in the trash can?

No, I didn't trade the Breakfast trade as the trigger point was more or less a trend reversal point to up. i.e. No clarity.

I also didn't take the trend change signal so missed a potential 60 pips there, countered by a potential loss of 30 on the Breakfast trade.

Another bit of bad news was the market hit my stop 1.7795 and immediatly reversed. I had taken half profits so got out with a +9 overall.

I'm currently running a quarter position of a short from 758 after taking some profits @40 and 38 following a loss of momentum.

Given my stop I should exit the day on at least +23 if the stop is hit.

All in all coulda, shoulda been better but even so I've exceeded my days objective of 20 pips so the family may have food on the table next month.

JonnyT