Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Farce said:
And rising.. any one know what news is driving the rise of the GPB?

It does'nt have to be the news - the pair normally has moves like this
If it was the news then perhaps our news trader Baruch would know something on this.

TraderAli said:
Missed the long trade because of the 5 candle rule -
The high was taken out by the 5th Candle.

Yes, sometimes it happens this way. It can be infuriating, but the trades just not meant to be!

JillyB said:
Yes, sometimes it happens this way. It can be infuriating, but the trades just not meant to be!

There is another box forming but the market is a bit slow due to lunch time.

Attachments

• 24th April Cable Lunch.JPG
    24th April Cable Lunch.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
TraderAli said:
There is another box forming but the market is a bit slow due to lunch time.

Yes, I've just come back and seen that. Low volume though - as you say it's lunchtime.

I don't usually trade the Cable at this time of day as I'm usually occupied on the Dow, so I'm not sure when a good breakout time is.

TraderAli said:
If it was the news then perhaps our news trader Baruch would know something on this.

Not any majors news as far as I know. I suppose we had some profit taking, and now the trend resumes... ;)

JillyB said:
Another 5 pips bag from the breakout of the Darvs box at 7pm. :cheesy:

Yes you are right !
I was away on my break and returned back just now - That trade worked..
Gosh, the bag is getting heavy :p

I know you are usually busy with the Dow after 3, anyway how did you do ?

Baruch, you had vanished away for a while..what did you trade today mate ?

TraderAli said:
Yes you are right !
I was away on my break and returned back just now - That trade worked..
Gosh, the bag is getting heavy :p

I know you are usually busy with the Dow after 3, anyway how did you do ?

Baruch, you had vanished away for a while..what did you trade today mate ?

Left the Dow early today, so I caught the 7pm trade on the cable. These 5 pips keep adding up, don't they?!

Plus it suits my style of trading, by being short time span. :D
I hate holding trades for hours or even days.

JillyB said:
Another 5 pips bag from the breakout of the Darvs box at 7pm. :cheesy:

I got that one too Jilly... nice. I should have opened the same trade on the euro aswell now that there's a 2pip spread with CMC

Priceman said:
I got that one too Jilly... nice. I should have opened the same trade on the euro aswell now that there's a 2pip spread with CMC

My partner/boyfriend has just traded the Euro at the same time and bagged a nice little profit.

Yes, 2 pips on the Euro - here's hoping they'll do the same on the Cable. :cool:

Priceman said:

2 pips? That must be nice... ;)

TraderAli said:

It's OK not to trade the news, but I think it's important to know when major news are coming out so you don't take a position just before they are published.

hey Jilly, just had a great move with a darvas on EUR, you'll still be in the land of zzzzzzz's ! 0655 but as I'm in Paris I'm already up ! Good job I got straight back out as it dropped like a stone.

Have a great day everyone as I'm working today and can't get anymore trades in.

Traded the EUR/USD , 2 trades giving 6 pips each - 12 pips in the bag. I am not in good profit so far because of making a trade in error yesterday in which I lost 11 pips.

Priceman said:
hey Jilly, just had a great move with a darvas on EUR, you'll still be in the land of zzzzzzz's ! 0655 but as I'm in Paris I'm already up ! Good job I got straight back out as it dropped like a stone.

Have a great day everyone as I'm working today and can't get anymore trades in.

Hey Priceman,

Good Job, I see that trade but there was another breakout before that which some one took while you were sleeping :p

JillyB said:
My partner/boyfriend has just traded the Euro at the same time and bagged a nice little profit.

Yes, 2 pips on the Euro - here's hoping they'll do the same on the Cable. :cool:

I have heard that you can trade the Euro with Oanda having just 1.5 pips, any one using Oanda here ?

Would anyone be able to illustrate darvas trades between 7-11am (bst) on cable today, also please confirm after 11am there have been 2 profitable darvas signals.

thanks

Just took 10 pips on Cable although Euro was down trying to break its support level, the trade was triggered on Cable and the position almost went 13 pips negative. If Euro broke its intraday support I would have been out with a loss.

Attachments

• Cable 25th April.JPG
    Cable 25th April.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 183