Best Thread Live Cable Trading

A bit of a bounce around looks like I wont get my entry on time which by the way Zuke is the same as your stop

zuke said:
Morning All, I am SHORT 736 Stop 766 looking for a first target of 30 pips..but ultimately I think this could be worth 100 pips.

EDIT: I will probably close this trade prior to the 9.30 and 10 am news before looking for a re-entry, however..I strongly believe today will be a "down" day.

Maybe you are right, but I believe that this time Trichet will be hawkish in his comments, because fundamentals are looking better for Euroland. We will get a new rate hike next time, I think. But the problem is that nobody understands what Trichet says... :cheesy:

dc2000 said:
A bit of a bounce around looks like I wont get my entry on time which by the way Zuke is the same as your stop

Are you looking for a short or long?

dc2000 said:
Short
And FWIW I think Zuke is being a little conservative ;)

Hey DC..you know me..As long as I get my daily 30 pips..Im happy!! Although I do have a very strong sell signal..I just need to wait until after the figures have come ot and then re-enter.

?? what is extra-month trading

Who's talking about 30 pips I was reffering to your 100 :cheesy:

zuke said:
Morning All, I am SHORT 736 Stop 766 looking for a first target of 30 pips..but ultimately I think this could be worth 100 pips.

EDIT: I will probably close this trade prior to the 9.30 and 10 am news before looking for a re-entry, however..I strongly believe today will be a "down" day.

Ive moved my stop to b/e on this trade prior to the 9.30 PMI figure.

zuke said:
Ive moved my stop to b/e on this trade prior to the 9.30 PMI figure.
Stopped out at b/e..Ill trade the news and see if I can get a quick 30 pips :cheesy:

Hi, my first post, I'm trying to learn cable.

also trying to understand your method DC. you are targeting 7565, entry 7766, stop 7830? am i right?

good luck in paris.

SHORT Again 738 768 stop..looking for 30 initially but 100 longer term (i.e today!!)

dc: re: extra-month.
JT allowed himself a couple of months trading full-time, of which I think he said he was dissapointed with his results, so he decided to give himself another "extra-month" to see if he could see if he could improve.

Kaffee: re: triple-witching.
sorry. mixing my indices / fx again !

OK, my figs are pretty much the same with a stop at 825 and target a little lower than yours but yes thats what Im expecting

dc2000 said:
OK, my figs are pretty much the same with a stop at 825 and target a little lower than yours but yes thats what Im expecting

Maybe you should go to Frankfurt instead of Paris today? I think Trichet will try to speak the euro up (and cable will follow). But I can be wrong or, as I said before, nobody understands what Trichets tries to say...

PS. Any Big Ben or Hans123 trades this morning in cable?

Thanks Trendie
I thought it was a kind of swing trade strat called "extra-month"

I have obviously missed something here re JT