Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
Down?! I am talking about cable, not swiss... ;)

PS. It's to late to jump on the train, when it has left the station...

Open 721 (7 am)... low of 706... = Down.

Bounce started at 7.10......

Kaffee said:
Open 721 (7 am)... low of 706... = Down.

Bounce started at 7.10......

You don't understand my method. Jump on the frist NEW move after 7.00 - the down move started before 7.00, and in Asia, og therefore it doesn't count...

Baruch said:
You don't understand my method. Jump on the frist NEW move after 7.00 - the down move started before 7.00, and in Asia, og therefore it doesn't count...

Oh first NEW move.

I getcha. Will watch with interest.

Baruch,

Your method has some credability and is something I have studied. Have you also considered a reversal move from the first move?

The first move only has a mean of something like 18 pips so be realistic.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
Baruch,

Your method has some credability and is something I have studied. Have you also considered a reversal move from the first move?

JonnyT

The idea behind my method is to do the same as the traders do when they start trading in Frankfurt and London around 7.00. Many times they do the opposite of the Asia traders.

PS. 18 pips? Right now I am up 60 pips... :cheesy:

PPS. If I had a automated stop I only had to work max 1 hour a day, between 7.00 and 8.00 in the morning - I heard that IB has usch a wonderful stop, but I can't download the IB demo.

JonnyT said:
Baruch,

JonnyT

Which first move are we talking about now ?? The trend in force at 7 am or the first reversal after that ?? And at what point do you determine it's a pukka reversal not just consolidating?!

And wtf have my stars gone ?! ;)

Kaffee said:
Which first move are we talking about now ?? The trend in force at 7 am or the first reversal after that ?? And at what point do you determine it's a pukka reversal not just consolidating?!

The first reversal - I don't "determine" anything, I just close my eyes and jump on the train... :cheesy:

PS. So far I have no losses, but if I get any, I don't care. The big moves will pay for the small losses...

That'll do... another 25 points from Big Baruch v1.1.

Not as good as you Baruch, but I'm making a crust.

Oh and JohnnyT... I'd settle for a guaranteed 18 points per day. My theory on making dough is margin and lot size, not pips.

Baruch said:
The first reversal - I don't "determine" anything, I just close my eyes and jump on the train... :cheesy:

PS. So far I have no losses, but if I get any, I don't care. The big moves will pay for the small losses...

Impossible strategy to execute I'd say. But I'll take a look. Cheers

Kaffee said:
That'll do... another 25 points from Big Baruch v1.1.

Not as good as you Baruch, but I'm making a crust.

Oh and JohnnyT... I'd settle for a guaranteed 18 points per day. My theory on making dough is margin and lot size, not pips.

18 GUARANTEED pips per day..? Sounds very nice. What's your method/strategy?

Kaffee said:
Impossible strategy to execute I'd say. But I'll take a look. Cheers

Impossible? No, I do it every morning, and this morning I am now close to the first 100 pips... :cheesy:

Baruch said:
18 GUARANTEED pips per day..? Sounds very nice. What's your method/strategy?

Not mine... JohnnyT said YOUR strategy was a mean average of 18 pips.

Patent it and charge £5k for it... that's what Goldline does !! ;)

Baruch said:
Impossible? No, I do it every morning, and this morning I am now close to the first 100 pips... :cheesy:

Ok, talk me through this slowly... coz I'm not the sharpest tack in the tin.

Determine trend at 7am (What time settings on your chart do you use ?)

First candlestick that shows a reverse, at its close, from the previous one, get on it.

What's your stop distance ? And is it a one shot deal, i.e. if your stop gets hit, that's it for the day or do you go for it again ?

Do you trail your stops... and if so by how much ?

Kaffee said:
Not mine... JohnnyT said YOUR strategy was a mean average of 18 pips.

Patent it and charge £5k for it... that's what Goldline does !! ;)

5 pound?! I have hoped for 2300 pound, like Soul-Trader charges for his Hilda Baker system... :cheesy:

PS. Well, let the results speak for themselves. Everyone can every morning follow my method and see, if it's good or bad. Maybe I have just been lucky so far? I don't know, but as long as it works, it works...

Baruch said:
5 pound?! I have hoped for 2300 pound, like Soul-Trader charges for his Hilda Baker system... :cheesy:

PS. Well, let the results speak for themselves. Everyone can every morning follow my method and see, if it's good or bad. Maybe I have just been lucky so far? I don't know, but as long as it works, it works...

5 grand it said !!!

Kaffee said:
Ok, talk me through this slowly... coz I'm not the sharpest tack in the tin.

Determine trend at 7am (What time settings on your chart do you use ?)

First candlestick that shows a reverse, at its close, from the previous one, get on it.

What's your stop distance ? And is it a one shot deal, i.e. if your stop gets hit, that's it for the day or do you go for it again ?

Do you trail your stops... and if so by how much ?

Candlesticks? To complicated for me. But I jump the first reverse after 7 am. I use a 20 pips stop, but I move it to b/e very quickly. Yes, I trail my stop,. but I have no rules (yet) for exit. Any ideas? :?: