Best Thread Live Cable Trading

coolTrader said:
only? :cheesy:

Well done. I am very impressed. I just dont know how you hold?

To be really honest, I can hold it so easily when its a free trade. I always use and manage my stops, so I never really have to worry to much about the overnight.

zuke said:
Current bid is 7713..I would have missed out on an extra 81 pips (at $10 a pip) had I had closed out. This trade is a free one and hence it makes sense to let the profits run.

Welldone Zuke,

By the way I was not having a go at your system, I was just wondering what you saw in the charts to make you think it was going higher. Why you were willing to risk 70 pips already made.

Breadman

breadman said:
Welldone Zuke,

By the way I was not having a go at your system, I was just wondering what you saw in the charts to make you think it was going higher. Why you were willing to risk 70 pips already made.

Breadman

No offence taken mate. I post my calls so that people can tell me where they think Im going wrong. I do not have a super duper compliated system. I just use good old EMA crossovers and one of ADX, Stochs or CCI as an indicator. I use price action as the final confirmation. Simple, but with my money management strategy, its reasonably effective.

Kaffee said:
That'll do.. 28 points from Big Baruch this morning.

Well, I would rather say around 200 pips... :cheesy:

PS. Where is Badtrader? Banned? :eek: I can't PM him anymore...

Last edited:
Baruch said:
Well, I would rather say around 200 pips... :cheesy:

PS. Where is Badtrader? Banned? :eek: I can't PM him anymore...

2 things:-

1) You said it was a side show trade... so you wouldn;t hold for 200 points

2) Thought you was a news driven trader ??

Starting to beleive some of this is fantasy trading !

BT is banned... don't know why.

Kaffee said:
2 things:-

1) You said it was a side show trade... so you wouldn;t hold for 200 points

2) Thought you was a news driven trader ??

Starting to beleive some of this is fantasy trading !

BT is banned... don't know why.

Yes, you are right. I didn't take the trade. As I said yesterday, I now prefer to trade euro... :cheesy:

PS. But anyone which follows this very simple method could have made around 200 pips in cable yesterday. And also some nice pips this morning...

PPS. Sorry to hear BT is banned... :eek:

Baruch said:
Yes, you are right. I didn't take the trade. As I said yesterday, I now prefer to trade euro... :cheesy:

PS. But anyone which follows this very simple method could have made around 200 pips in cable yesterday. And also some nice pips this morning...

Frustrating isn't it... this thread has outlined a perfectly good trading method that would make a nice living but I don't have the bottle to trade it !!

Doesn't Big B work on Euro as well then ?? According to Hans123 on StrategyBuilderFX it does.....

Kaffee said:
Frustrating isn't it... this thread has outlined a perfectly good trading method that would make a nice living but I don't have the bottle to trade it !!

Doesn't Big B work on Euro as well then ?? According to Hans123 on StrategyBuilderFX it does.....

Why do you not trade it Kaffee ?
:confused:

Zinger said:
Why do you not trade it Kaffee ?
:confused:

1) It won't work on the days I do ;)

2) To benefit fully from it, you've got to hold for the 100+ point days... and that's just not me I'm
afraid. Seen too many profits evaporate.

But it's as good (and simple) a system as any you will find.......

Kaffee said:

Yes, it does - euro and cable works in tandem most of the time. Cable moves more, but the spread in euro is better.

PS. Do you want to borrow a bottle? :cheesy:

Baruch said:
Yes, it does - euro and cable works in tandem most of the time. Cable moves more, but the spread in euro is better.

PS. Do you want to borrow a bottle? :cheesy:

Only to smash the smug git good traders in the face with..... ;)

Kaffee said:
1) It won't work on the days I do ;)

2) To benefit fully from it, you've got to hold for the 100+ point days... and that's just not me I'm
afraid. Seen too many profits evaporate.

But it's as good (and simple) a system as any you will find.......

Kaffee, if you dont want to hold on until 100 points, why not just use a trailing stop? (manual or automated). That way, you will be letting your profits run, but will lock in some profits if the market reverses.

Kaffee said:
Only to smash the smug git good traders in the face with..... ;)

I am a little confused as to how you guys trade BB. Do you take the 7-8 range and trade the breakout after 5 pips either side of the channel?

zuke said:
I am a little confused as to how you guys trade BB. Do you take the 7-8 range and trade the breakout after 5 pips either side of the channel?

Well, thats pretty much what I do zuke.................

zuke said:

I would set it at 10 as a breakout... but that's a personal preference.

So today, entry would have been a short at 727. Max gain 50 points (less spreads)

BUT... a trailing stop would have taken you out most likely, and that's where you need to strike the balance between small gains or big stop losses.

Quite like the idea of moving to a breakeven trade once you're 30-40 points up and then going out for the day. Might do a bit of back testing today...

Last edited:
zuke said:
Kaffee, if you dont want to hold on until 100 points, why not just use a trailing stop? (manual or automated). That way, you will be letting your profits run, but will lock in some profits if the market reverses.

That;s what I need to condition myself to do.. Don;t know how you was prepared to throw a stop loss in at 70 points below market yesterday.

PS. Donlt know of any S/b provider that does automated trailing stops.

Baruch said:

I'm sure BT will find his way back - perhaps we should campaign :LOL:

Just out of curiosity, I heard that news does affect the FX market well, what news feeds do you use Baruch?

Cheers

CG