Keylogger virus

don_h said:
I can now add that spybot, AVG antivirus and cc cleaner does not find this keylogger. I wil try more and report here tomorrow.

cheers

don
Probelm is, that it is a legitimate program with a legitamate purpose not a virus, so likely any definition based program will not view it as a virus. I wonder if what Neil has is actually the same thing or just something 'borrowing' its name,

roguetrader said:
Probelm is, that it is a legitimate program with a legitamate purpose not a virus, so likely any definition based program will not view it as a virus. I wonder if what Neil has is actually the same thing or just something 'borrowing' its name,

Windows "Defender" picks up on "Beyond Keylogger" and identifies it as high risk?

Hmm...whats an MCCI.TrayApp. ?
And MotiveSystem?

Found them by scratching around view prgammes facility in Windows Defender!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 6,319
programs as difficult to remove as this one and much more malicious can be hidden as secret executables attached to innocent files, movies or joke progs sent by email.

A cracker group called Cult of the Dead Cow wrote a prog called BackOrifice which enables trojans and keyloggers.. basically any executable, to be blended with an innocous file.. send it out to your mates or enemies as a joke file and lo & behold you can access their computers remotely, stealth desk, keylog or root command anything you like basically.

Theres lots of similar progs out there.. just be very careful what you open in an email, if you arent 100% sure of its original source