Sticky Introduce Yourself

Thank you very much for your good advice. I will take a "go slow" cautious approach to trading.

Best regards,
Alan

Dear Alan,

My advise to any new trader would be: accept it's going to take a long time to learn. If you can really accept that it's gonna take a couple of years of hard work before you make any money, then you'll stand a chance.

A great book to get you started is "Enhancing Trader Performance" by Brett Steenbarger.

Here's a great thread rigth here on this forum I'd recommend http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/29598-useful-things-i-ve-found-net.html

Good Luck,
Miracletech

Hello

Hi Everyone

Though been trading for over 10 years, new to this site. I have an interest in UK and U.S. stocks and trade through CFDs.

Based in Berkshire U.K., anyone else in the area and would be looking to chat more about stocks?

2008 has actually been my most successful year of trading, all the volatility provided some useful trading opportunities. I consider myself a short-mid term trader, rather than a day trader. The big rebound in small cap miners is proving very profitable in the last 2 weeks but overall I think the rebound from mid November is a little on the overdone side. The S&P 500 has now rebounded from around 750 to 927! Q4 Earnings will be pretty bad and probably dampen the rally. I believe oil was oversold in the $40 zone and am holding ETC crude until low $50's.

Current holdings are: Cambrian Mining, Hambledon Mining, Lamprell, ETC Crude oil, Coal of Africa, Antisoma and Ashland Inc.

Tend to buy alot of U.S. companies but have been selling out on the rally - trade Conoco, Google, Apple, Transocean, Foster Wheeler, Halliburton, Qualcomm etc.

introduction and Q

Hi,

hello everyone.

I am looking for as much info on different types of spread betting, trading as possible.

i have a lot of experience in real estate investing all over the world but this arena of investing is very new to me.

any info on books for beginners would be appreciated and also peoples opinions on best and easiest form of trading/investing.....if there is one.

hope to hear from you all soon and if anyone wants to pick my brains on real estate investing please do

D

Hi everybody,

I‘m new to this board and want to introduce myself. My profession is software-developer and I am interested in trading futures, options and stock markets. I trade for about 10 years now and want to switch from manual to automatic trading. In the past I trade ESTX50, FDAX, YM and ES. All of them not as successful as it could be and I hoped it would be. One point to improve is me. So I decided to reduce my influence on my trades. Hope this will make things go better – and maybe I can share my experiences here 

Best regards, a successful 2009 and always good trades,
Daniel

Hi Daniel
I hope I'm typing this in the correct space as it is not very clear where to do so. I've been sports investing for over 45 years but am interested in trying to put Forex on auto pilot (A BOT). If you have a landline and live in the UK I can call you for a chat to see if there is any way we could help each other to make some money. My contact details are:
[email protected] - Tel: 01543 305 805 - UK home insurance and UK mortgage broker, Mortgage Watchdog
Regards,
Monty Burn

Hi all,

Ive just started working for a forex company and although I have apparently learnt alot in the short time I've been here and am quite suited to trading, I wondered if anyone could give some pointers in how to generate clients. I've fluked quite a few big deals just through friends and family reccommending me, but seem to be hitting a brick wall when pitching clients...
any ideas would be well received!
Thanks in advance
Will

selling techniques

Hi,

In all my years in sale the best advice i ever came across was for Brian Tracy. Google him and you will come up with a lot of info.

I suggest buying the CD collection 'advanced selling techniques' it transformed my skills and i pick up new things every time i listen to it.

gives you a great insight into the theory behind sales and teaches consultative selling.

Also google Dale Carnegie his sales material is also great.

i hope this helps

Hi all,

Ive just started working for a forex company and although I have apparently learnt alot in the short time I've been here and am quite suited to trading, I wondered if anyone could give some pointers in how to generate clients. I've fluked quite a few big deals just through friends and family reccommending me, but seem to be hitting a brick wall when pitching clients...
any ideas would be well received!
Thanks in advance
Will

Hi Will - In the past I have managed to negotiate huge alliances as I had an extremely good proposal to offer. Alliances is the way to go to get masses of clients on board but at anytime let alone now in these difficult financial times you MUST offer something of value. Nowadays, consumers/clients want to see a track record (results) and preferably with an iron cast gurantee. Finally clients want a UK landline for support. Hope this helps.
Regards,

Monty Burn

cheers for the replies, just seems that even though prospective clients are interested with all the doom and gloom in the markets it just seems that they would rather stick to getting ripped off by the bank instead of saving on their trades...frustrating as i can see the benefits and even use my employers myself to send funds to pay my mortgage in spain and send money to my ex in the states...for those reasons i need as many clients as humanly possible in as little time as possible,unfortunately dont think i joined the profession at a fantastic time!

greetings

Hello my name is Henry and I am new to the forum will command many greetings, I have a little time to work in forex and I hope to participate in the forum to ask questions and that sometimes can not answer some questions, thanks

Hi guys

I'm new to this whole forex thing and trying to make sense of it all. I'm a self-employed web programmer (asp.net). Receiving money in various currencies through Paypal got me thinking that I really should try to be smart about how and when I exchange, and that thought led me into exploring the whole internet-forex world. Currently based in Inverness, but hope to relocate to sunnier climes in due course.

cheers
Mark

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!

I've been a member for years but, selfishly, have never found time to post a message.

I manage a hedge fund (L/S EMEA Equity, fundametal/earnings focus) and have the CFA, but am much more interested in technicals and trading. My goal is to manage my small PA account into a big enough account and then quit work to do this full time. I love my job but hate the lack of flexibility (can't work from home, long hours, limited holidays, bosses, etc).

I currently trade single stocks and just recently have been interested in hourly index binaries. My bet size is small, and I'm focussing on getting consistently profitable. Risk management is my first priority, I have stopped looking for a silver bullet in trading, and am working on my current weakness which is a fear of losing.

Cheers, Iain

Hi Everyone
My name is norfelt and i hav been in forextrading for 5 month now, i hope to go on pension in a year im 51 years and hope to get some new freinds here.

Happy new year
Jorgen Norfelt
Denmark

g'day

well my hope is to meet fellow traders and learn a few here and there, trade here and there too perhaps.. whatever comes along...

regards,
mank

Hi everyone,
i am new to the site and to spread betting. i have only been reading up on it for about 2 weeks now and i am finding it very addictive. has anybody got any tips regarding getting started with trading etc. thanks

This is my first look at this forum. I am near Phoenix, AZ and I trade the S & P eMini. I am always interested in new ideas whether I use them or not. I try to stick with my plan.

IHello .

I've been reading for some days now , a 3d particularly long one , starting interest in pips , trader and unluckily very beginner .. lost a big sum of money on last year crashdown ( 20000$ ) .. I like trading and charts so I don't want to give up ..

I would like to learn as much as possible, have been trading stocks now , not much of a strategist apart from usual indicators/signal ( volumes stockastic & divergences ,, )
A little discouraged . But not dead .

Constantly searching researching now, just came to this site and noted that seems better then other and focused on forex .
Why forex ?

Just want to say hallo to all of you and confirm to my own self that I'll be tryin to partecipate in a constructive way and learn the goods from all of you .

Hi Boodie
Welcome on board and join the massive army of "rookie" forex beginners. I've been investing for over 45 years and I know there is no substitute for knowledge. Learn to earn. Simple as.. Good luck

thanks mburn2 , very nice to have grand'mates ( no offense intended ) who answer with experience , I think this is what we newbie rookies need

Wondering what strategies have to look in , as there's so much information in this forum, I would like to skip bad for the better ,...

I'm noticing that seems common fact to pass some time experimenting BEFORE losing money , but I understand this lag-to-the-trade may very well vary on the connection you estabilish with the market in the beginning , and this connection could be a good former strategy - which nevertheless every nice trader tends to cut on his own attitude.

What do you suggest from a 45 years investing point of view ?