Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU

11 39am

Does not look to good still for EU --

Price now at 1894 - with low of year at 1882/3 area

We need above 1980 to think any turn might have a chance - and although we can scalp buy and hold above 1921 and 31 - we have several Rs then at 1950 and 1970

Popping out for an hour or so but will be back over lunchtime and hope to get a few hrs in this afternoon

The EJ as made my day ;-)

Hi CS

I think the way to help you on that is to take some short term trades and get your 10 or 20 or 30 pip targets - then leave 30% or even 50% of your stake on with stop in just one or two pips of profit
#

That makes sense I guess because I've only been practising on tiny lots I never really considered making a conscious effort to focus on scaling in and out but I think if I start doing it now I should be pretty proficient with it by the time I start trading with larger lots.

I'll see how I go

viewing the market as a constant battle at each corner even when not moving will keep us engaged without being in it, as retailers we do not have the luxury to take positions based on concepts, ideas and bias, if we do ...well.....

You know, I never thought of it like that! It's great.

See you tomorrow FZY and CS - even though it will still only be Tuesday evening here ;-)

no doubt, bright eyed and bushy tailed :cool:

afternoon just back -------- pete just out of interest would you have been in EJ long ( 12.43/44 bar ) I know its not in time window

afternoon just back -------- pete just out of interest would you have been in EJ long ( 12.43/44 bar ) I know its not in time window

1 49pm

Sorry back late - but here now for a couple of hrs

BP - EJ

Will update chart

If I had been scalping it yes - after 12 21 pm - low I would have scalp bought it but -would have only made say 12 pips and after 12 43pm - would have waited to see if previous High of 81 was breached again - as under 80 /85 still had a down bias

Will show on chart

141 -30 -45 all supports and 141 80 -142 00 all R - so really now only a 40 -50 pip range - need a break either way to go with next longer scalp / swing trade - otherwise would only scalp it for 3-10 pips

EU

1 53PM

Its done a double bottom at 1883/5 area and since then trying to make 1890 -1900 as support s again to try for another go up

As mentioned before need above 1921/2 and 1932 + to think any turn is worth holding scalp buys on for longer

GU

1 57pm

stuck in approx 30 -40 pip range

Back over 5200 and 5210 favours scalp buys being held to test interim highs at 30 and 60 area

Below 5167 and 64 scalp sells for testing a lower interim support

Updated EJ chart for today

EJ - 1 MIN LR Chart after 50 pips plus buy scalp from 10 51am to 11 09 /10 am approx

184070d1420552906-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ej-60114-pm.png

Attachments

• EJ - 60114 PM.png
    EJ - 60114 PM.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 455
2 26pm

Looks as though the AU and GU have been the 2 main fallers in this last 30 mins

GU - another low now at 5159 - so far and AU dropped under interim supports at 8115/19 area

Just heard on Sky Business News - yesterday was the worst first main trading day of any year - with many big sell offs and lots of volatility etc

I thought on currencies it was fairly boring after the Sunday evening sell off and then the pullbacks

Glad I dont trade indices etc then ;-)

Will pop back for 3 30 pm TW

See you in a bit - GU made 5152 now - move that 30% stake stop down to at least 5177

GU - Scalp Buy from 2 51pm and 5155

When I left just before 3 00 pm - I had said move your stop down to at least 77 after a new low at 52

When I did that - price was moving up strongly and I though - this is a scalp buy - - certainly above 63

So I exited 30% stake sell early and change to scalp buy

OK - I missed nearly 14 pip of start of move - but the time and also the speed of bounce told me - this was strong

It stopped at 5197 - another 40 pip scalp move in under 20 mins

ThatS 2 today

Did not get 40 pip as late getting in and out 100% at 91 - still nice scalp

184072d1420557850-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-gu-60115-scalp-buy-2-51-pm.png

Attachments

• GU - 60115 SCALP BUY 2 51 PM.png
    GU - 60115 SCALP BUY 2 51 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 452
EU

1 53PM

Its done a double bottom at 1883/5 area and since then trying to make 1890 -1900 as support s again to try for another go up

As mentioned before need above 1921/2 and 1932 + to think any turn is worth holding scalp buys on for longer

EU - comment above from over 90 mins ago

Well it bounced off supports again and went above 1921 and just touched 32

Missed it - not set up any limit orders and was busy with GU buy instead

Above 1900 /05 on pullbacks - still another scalp buy

3 42 pm

Although we have had some nice quick moves today - I think its been a bit slow overall and boring due to many pairs going into tighter ranges for a few hours

After that 3 00 pm news - ( wondered why it all kicked off ) its back to boring moves again

I normally trade up to at least 5 00 pm most days - but found yesterday and today maybe 3 30 pm is enough - unless we get some trend continuation moves - rather than ranges

Will check again after 4 30 pm and 5 00 pm - to see if much is happening - otherwise - see you tomorrow

Regards

F

EU - comment above from over 90 mins ago

Well it bounced off supports again and went above 1921 and just touched 32

Missed it - not set up any limit orders and was busy with GU buy instead

Above 1900 /05 on pullbacks - still another scalp buy

EU comment from nearly 2 hrs ago

Price stayed above 1905 and from 1909 /10 was another scalp buy

So far made 1943

I will leave 30% stake on with stop in profit at 1911

See you tomorrow

And if they get out, Italy will follow and ......well....I better do not talk politics, I may offend someone....

Anyway done for the day, good scalp day.

Also my long term is @ +35 with SL @ BE, I will try to add a bit more tomorrow if I can..

Pino Daniele died, which is very sad:

Turned back, stopped @ BE. well I least I did try.

Last edited:
Turned back, stopped @ BE. well I least I did try.

Yes surprise - I got stopped out 30% stake in profit at 1911

Trouble is had not looked at then selling again under 1900 and it dropped so far to 1845 area - with a bounce now in 1860's

That why on swing trade attempts you need your stops in profit - and never have the majority of stake on the swing - have it on the scalp - and then you can add to it if it keeps going your way - and know if it does not work than you got your main profit off an higher percentage stake on scalp

See you in about 8 hrs or so Fgzy

Regards

F

Wednesday 7th January 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

What a week so far - more falls on the EU / GU / AU / etc and more rises on key dollar pairs like the UChf and UCad.

How long will it carry on ?

This Friday we do have the key NFP news announcement that could be used for some sort of change - but the markets just don't like traders thinking they can predict and will always try and do the unexpected - thats all part of this massive money market "game"

Normal stuff for today - quick up dates and reviews - key levels for pullbacks or breakouts - and even the odd live trade call in advance on this thread and the other Live call FX thread

Have a good day

Regards

F

EU

6 55 am

Low so far 1844 - HL so far at 1854 and I would like to scalp sell again under 1880 - in fact even under 1874

For present scalp buys to carry on - we need above 1885 and an attempt at 1900 + again - otherwise - we will keep testing any supports at 1840 - 50 area

Worth checking my chart on EU from last night - as we could be in a new down channel - all depending on staying with LH's and LL's

Status
Not open for further replies.