I'm Quitting This Forum!

Quitters' Support Group

Dear Friends,

I found this on a forum dedicated to quitting. It now seems so fashionable that I thought this may be of some use to those who have yet to come out:
----------------------------------

Twelve Steps of TRADERS Recovery

1. We admitted we were powerless over the market—that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of T2W.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to Sharky, to ourselves, and to all other posters the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Sharky to remove our offending posts.

8. Made a list of all persons we had offended on T2W, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would create further controversy.

10. Continued to make posts and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought to improve our conscious contact with the markets, asking only for knowledge of their movement and the power to trade them successfully.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other traders, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
-------------------------------------------

And remember dear friends, you don't have to quit T2W - there's always comforting support available. :LOL:

But I may still pop in time to time...and post.

I do not blame you new_trader. They are not worth it and cannot be told what is already known. We wish you all the best for when you finish paper trading and go live.

No...nothing virtual, this is it...you won't be seeing me around anymore...nope!

..just occasionally maybe

But definitely not often…absolutely…I quit.

So what's the point of all that? If you want to go, then go, nobody is forcing you to do anything. In fact nobody is forcing you to even post at all.

So what's the point of all that? If you want to go, then go, nobody is forcing you to do anything. In fact nobody is forcing you to even post at all.

I think you missed new_traders razor sharp wit.

As a wise man once said, there are only 3 things certain in life;

death, taxes, and that new_trader is an ****hole.

UTB

I think you missed new_traders razor sharp wit.

As a wise man once said, there are only 3 things certain in life;

death, taxes, and that new_trader is an ****hole.

UTB

Wrong answer, try again.

You are going to be put in the corner wearing the dunce hat if you are not careful and watch yourself Sheffield....:eek:

I take issue with this

1. We admitted we were powerless over the market—that our lives had become unmanageable.

those that can trade, stay in the game. Those that can't get their account wiped and/or continue the cycle until they realise that they can't do it

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

only you can decide whether you can do it or not.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of T2W.

This is absurd . . . we are not making carbon copies of things that work and can continue to work since the game is not played like that. T2W cannot guarantee you success, if it could then there wouldn't be so many quitters. The failure rate is still the same anyway regardless whether you use T2W or not.

5. Admitted to Sharky, to ourselves, and to all other posters the exact nature of our wrongs.

Most people don't know what's wrong. In fact most people don't have clue. And when you don't have a clue and you go to someone who also doesn't have a clue, and yet thinks he does, what do you think you'll get? Have a good guess.:whistling

6. Were entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.

:LOL:

7. Humbly asked Sharky to remove our offending posts.

if you are continually losing the frustrations will get to you. It's not nice . . .

8. Made a list of all persons we had offended on T2W, and became willing to make amends to them all.

Strange that those are banned are probably telling the truth

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would create further controversy.

we have different camps, each thinking their own way. EXCEPT there is a resolution to this, because we know who can and cannot trade. Most of the posters here CANNOT trade (and probably never will) and they are slowly realising this and quitting before they lose so much.

10. Continued to make posts and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

:sleep:

11. Sought to improve our conscious contact with the markets, asking only for knowledge of their movement and the power to trade them successfully.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other traders, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

these 2 points are interesting because behind them, somehow, is a belief that anyone could do it. And yet when you look at other fields of endeavour you realise that they are dominated by a minority - the majority are mediocre. And before FW leaps on this post he only has to look at himself and what he's been doing to realise what's what - and what's not. Nobody gets things in life just because they ASK for it, so why on earth does anyone coming here thinks they automatically qualify to succeed just because they know this site?

I do not have time to answer all your posts. Just this one now as I am bizzi.

When you are totally familiar with the road, you KNOW when it is busy or not.
You KNOW when there is traffic...you can hear it even if you don't turn your head to see it. You KNOW whether it is fast moving or slow moving. You know whether the movement is meaningful or not. You KNOW if it is going to continue and also HOW FAR.

You KNOW all these things.

You KNOW what is going to happen in advance.

Then when you are able to do this, you do not jump in and out all the time just for the sake of it, for the sake of doing something and for the sake of arguing and boasting ...sorri I have sudden incoming communications traffic...later.

You KNOW when there is traffic...you can hear it even if you don't turn your head to see it. You KNOW whether it is fast moving or slow moving. You know whether the movement is meaningful or not. You KNOW if it is going to continue and also HOW FAR.

Then when you are able to do this, you do not jump in and out all the time just for the sake of it, for the sake of doing something and for the sake of arguing and boasting ...sorri I have sudden incoming communications traffic...later.

Do not mention the thing! You KNOW...and I know you know...Ok...the thing...;)

what, with the rest of the elite s-club-7? Oh no, I surrender.

:p

UTB

Bully sends his compliments to you and wishes you to know he is very contented and satisfied because he has nine lives, not one. But he also says, and I agree with him that admission to the real club, the Elite34S Club which incidentally does not attract membership fees, is out of the question as far as you are concerned. Shame, because you started off very well and then you blotted your copybook by incurring the displeasure of your elders and betters, so now you have to content yourself with circumstances of your own doing...you are funny, you make us laugh and laugh :LOL:

Bully sends his compliments to you and wishes you to know he is very contented and satisfied because he has nine lives, not one. But he also says, and I agree with him that admission to the real club, the Elite34S Club which incidentally does not attract membership fees, is out of the question as far as you are concerned. Shame, because you started off very well and then you blotted your copybook by incurring the displeasure of your elders and betters, so now you have to content yourself with circumstances of your own doing...you are funny, you make us laugh and laugh :LOL:

you're joking, right? I've been risking 50p per pt to hit my target of £400 profit so that I can join your boy band - and you've closed the door! Why? Is the lap dancing bar booked up this time?:cool:

UTB

PS - say hello to the rest of the boys. Is spaced_out one of your gang? Oh, and take new_trader with you would you? He's lonely on nights and needs some social inadequates to keep him company.

No more reps for anyone...or trading advice...or anything....maybe...possibly...don't know yet...but I am definitely quitting.

There is only one who can write such purple prose, unless it's some hideous cloning experiment gone wrong.

Let the games begin!

Is there a statue of limitations on
h
How many post one has to post before quitting?
When can one come back if one wants to?
Is one allowed back?
and most importantly where does one go when one finally quits?
Is there a place where where all quitters coverge?
I only ask the above as I believe someday my time might come when I am invited to join the qutters club and want to make sure I do it right!