I'm doing great!

Hi Karmit,
Interactive brokers, you can't beat there execution and commissions.

wwatson1,
Any idea what's the minimum monthly "fixed charges" one would be looking at provided just using the
IB web interface to trade us/uk stocks and indices ? don't require any special data feeds (unless its free ;-)
I can't seem to undertand the plethora of charges/commissions they have put up!
cheers,
karmit

The minimum fixed costs will depend on the instrument you wish to trade. The reason for this is that you have to subscribe to an exchange to be able to trade instruments on that exchange. The cost for something like US Stocks is only $10 a month but as I get interest on my balance I end up getting more back than I pay in costs so I take no notice of it.

Paul

Hi Watson
Is your system any good using sb companies? Sorry i hav'nt read previous posts yet!

Millsy

You are very brave Wwatson1 for posting 'in public'. Even the best traders sometimes experience setbacks, which they would be loathe to publicize.

I wish you well in your trades.

BMS sell to close out on today's open.

VHI sell to close out on today's open.

SELA buy on todays open.

hi Millsy,

I have no experience using spread betting companies, only ordinary trading.

Are spread betting companies new?

Cheers.

Hi there wwatson -

Can I ask how you pick your trades - some of these companies are pretty obscure. Do you use some sort of stock filter? Also you seem to take profits inconsistantly. You let some run >10% gain and others are taken after as little as a 2% run. Meanwhile some losses are nice and short whilst others are, again >10%.

There must be a lot more to your set-ups. Of course there is no reason on earth why you should reveal your secrets just as there is no reason to display your trades in the first place. You once mentioned a dip below three tmes proven support with volume confirmation - this makes me wonder whether you take profits the same way?

Best of luck, or should I say keep up the good work.

The way that I am doing things seem's to have a significant advantage over other trading methods

At present I am posting my trading to improve the way I do thing's. I have plan's to disclose my method when I am happy with what I am doing.

Hope you understand and continue to follow my progress.

HI watson
Newish they've been around for a few years. how much do you need for a broker account?

cheers millsy

Hi, millsy Interactivebrokers.com will open you an account with around 2k, check them out...

SELA - SOLD - +8.46%

Hi Watson

yeah will do thanks for that!! just starting to follow your trades best of luck

Cheers Millsy