Have you ventured to the dark side yet?

wannagetstacked said:
Short term support possibly forming at 1.3396
Indeed. Also "congestion" of closes of 4 bars, by Ross definition, on 5-minute chart. (I have limit order to enter short on Cable at 1.9328, but we might not get there).

Eur/USD 5 min
Still in this trade with prices at 1.3397/98 still.
I am however seeing lower swing highs and higher swing lows

Thankfully a new lower swing low on eur/usd breaching the possible resistance that was signalling a possible early exit.
Prices swung down to 1.3393, Next swing low should see me exit the trade

Nathan

wannagetstacked said:
Still in this trade with prices at 1.3397/98
Not looking bad now that the support at 1.3397/6 has been taken out a couple of times. Hope that goes very well for you. (If it does, my Cable entry might even trigger).

Roberto,
That short entry on cable looks promising but it wouldn't meet my entry criteria. It would mean basing the trade on one swing low point, I require a formation of S or R before i enter a trade,
Be careful as prices could swing down to fill your short entry and just swing straight back up stopping you out.

Nathan

Just out of interest is anybody reading at the moment using fib retractments on eur usd. Important level at 1.3388 gave a reversal entry at around 10.25 am.
I personally don't use fib but Eur/Usd 5 minute looks like a textbook example of it working.
I do however feel slightly safer knowing that my exit point is 4 pips before this level.
Chart coming soon

Nathan

Chart showing example of how Fib retractments could have been used on the 5 min eur/usd chart I have been following, I never use fib levels purely for entry but they can be useful for timing exits

Attachments

• NathansTips11.doc
    39 KB · Views: 345
Watch for entry on a fib bounce or breakout very soon on eur/usd 5 min. May or may not happen but if you watch fibs the important price is at 1.3388.

Nathan

Good trade, Nathan. Will be interesting to see if the fib level at 1.3388 holds again. Have cancelled my Cable limit entry now: moving much too slowly and nearly time for lunch here. (My charts have apparently changed from .png to .bmp for some mysterious reason and I can't post one).

Now following eur/usd to see if support does confirm at 1.3388
If this happens I will look to trade the 21 point range between 1.3388 and 1.3409, am prepared also to trade any breakouts that might contrastingly occur.

Nathan

eur/usd 5 mins, important level at 1.3409 should be approached soon and may present a similar trade to the one i previously outlined, or a possible breakout trade,

Nathan

Short side fib breakout underway on eur/usd 5 min.
In 2 mins it gave 10 pips profit on a 1:1 R/R
Broke fib level of 1.3388, entry at 1.3386, stop at 1.3396, exit at 1.3376.
Did anybody catch it?

ps. I didn't take the above trade as it didn't fit my filter requirements, Fib level traders would have made a nice profit

Nathan

Attachments

• NathansTips12.doc
    40 KB · Views: 390
Last edited: