GREY1 P/L daily

Grey1 said:
Traded the makret with my second loss in 5 month due to over looking the oil inventory data which spooked the market pushing it down from 89 points to 40 points in no time and as a result I gave away $890 . In many occasions i recovered the Loss but did not take what was on the table ( $1400 in long JOYG 440 in short CTXS ) as greed took over my discipline.

All in all only one bad trade caused the loss and that was LONG EXPD which was an awesome long resulting in 450$ profit which we did not take and got caught in the down ward fall .

I am up for the week .

Grey1

PS:-- i missed an awesome short JOYG vwap engine signal that later dropped 60C. Had I not missed the trade i would have been up $1200 plus...Woulda, shoulda, coulda is all excuses in this game and the fact remains as I LOST FOR THE SECOND TIME .

Grey1

Grey1, against a great trader like your very good self, mr market has little chance!!

Using what you have taught me, I have had a most satisfying week :D at LAST I am starting to see how it really all pulls together. The way you give and freely share your expertise is an inspiration. Thank you!

Samtron,

I am not sure what you mean ? There were no exit signals during these trades with the settings that I have until the stated profit was made. Bear in mind that it dont use Esignal and my strategy is slightly different to that of others.

Paul

samtron said:
Grey1, against a great trader like your very good self, mr market has little chance!!

Using what you have taught me, I have had a most satisfying week :D at LAST I am starting to see how it really all pulls together. The way you give and freely share your expertise is an inspiration. Thank you!

grey1 is pleased. It take few weeks to master the Exhaustion engine and the top down approach but it will pay eventually .

Good luck and donot forget MUCHAS GRACIASSSSSSS MR MARKET when you win

Grey1`

Trader333 said:
Samtron,

I am not sure what you mean ? There were no exit signals during these trades with the settings that I have until the stated profit was made. Bear in mind that it dont use Esignal and my strategy is slightly different to that of others.

Paul
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply, It was just something I was struggling with in trying to resolve in my own mind :
viz:
Let your profits run v EE signals
I have recently closed a couple of winning trades based on EE, but which then have continued to run and run and run :cry:

Last edited:
Samtron,

This wasnt a case of ignoring exit signals, there just werent any until the exit that was taken giving the stated profit.

Paul

samtron said:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply, It was just something I was struggling with in trying to resolve in my own mind :
viz:
Let your profits run v EE signals
I have recently closed a couple of winning trades based on EE, but which then have continued to run and run and run :cry:

sam

1 IN 4 OF YOUR TRADES WILL RUN AND RUN AND RUN AS YOU SAY .. STICK TO EXIT @ EXHAUTION LEVELS

MARKET ONLY TREND 25% OF THE TIMES..

GREY1

Grey1 said:
sam

1 IN 4 OF YOUR TRADES WILL RUN AND RUN AND RUN AS YOU SAY .. STICK TO EXIT @ EXHAUTION LEVELS

MARKET ONLY TREND 25% OF THE TIMES..

GREY1

Thanks Grey1, Message received and understood.

Grey1 was at his best again with little greed. Market is consolidating but i be back to kick proper butt..

upppp $1939. 39 cents

SBL Trade was a rumour of take over with MOT being the buyers with a $15 target > i stopped the trade only because it needed extra managment and i could NOT be bothered

Attachments

• 1939.jpg
    1939.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 34
  • tradesssssssss.jpg
    tradesssssssss.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I am only up $1006.99 c . I found the after noon market very very very difficult to trade with only one signal from the vwap engine.

The market went through a 8 point range all day which made it tough for any trader to make $$$$$$.. How ever if ya managed to do well in the after noon then you are hell of a trader as my ass was truly kicked and i gave back $900.

Not a good day all in all ..

grey1

Attachments

• 1006.99.jpg
    1006.99.jpg
    983.1 KB · Views: 17
EE problems.

I don't know if anyone can help me or has had similar issues.

I had to reinstall windows last week and have downloaded Tradestation 8.1 as before with the same indicators and workspaces. I can no longer get Grey1's Exhaustion Engine to function properly. Everything is set up ok, GV 2.2 is installed along with Iraj_send & Iraj_receive but it will not update. The 3 radarscreens 5,3 & 1 minute with the send indicator all work ok in real time but the receive radarscreen will only display the data sent to it as a snapshot at the time you open it. After that it will not update like it used to.
I have spent hours on this but am no further forward, I have installed everything on my backup PC which runs an earlier version of TS and hasn't been touched but it doesn't work on there either. TS support were very helpful but even they can't work out what the issue is.
If anyone can shed any light on what I am/am not doing I would be very grateful as my brain is starting to hurt :confused:.

Regards MarkB

MarkB said:
I don't know if anyone can help me or has had similar issues.

I had to reinstall windows last week and have downloaded Tradestation 8.1 as before with the same indicators and workspaces. I can no longer get Grey1's Exhaustion Engine to function properly. Everything is set up ok, GV 2.2 is installed along with Iraj_send & Iraj_receive but it will not update. The 3 radarscreens 5,3 & 1 minute with the send indicator all work ok in real time but the receive radarscreen will only display the data sent to it as a snapshot at the time you open it. After that it will not update like it used to.
I have spent hours on this but am no further forward, I have installed everything on my backup PC which runs an earlier version of TS and hasn't been touched but it doesn't work on there either. TS support were very helpful but even they can't work out what the issue is.
If anyone can shed any light on what I am/am not doing I would be very grateful as my brain is starting to hurt :confused:.

Regards MarkB

Do you have the same number of stocks in the RS as you had before? I have faced a similar problem when I had increased the number of stocks on my RS and the values did not update because the compuiter could not cope up. All became normal when I decreased the number of stocks to around 20.

Raj

Hi rajibde,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think its that causing the problem. It used to run about 150 stocks without any problem with several indicators. I tried with just 1 symbol but it still won't update. Its the receive part that doesn't seem to work anymore. I've just about run out of things to try.

Thanks again.

Regards MarkB

MarkB said:
Hi rajibde,

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think its that causing the problem. It used to run about 150 stocks without any problem with several indicators. I tried with just 1 symbol but it still won't update. Its the receive part that doesn't seem to work anymore. I've just about run out of things to try.

Thanks again.

Regards MarkB

Does the "update value intra bar" setting make any difference?

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the idea but unfortunately this doesn't make any difference. I've tried all the obvious things but just can't get it to work anymore. It was fine last week and I've set everything up this time the same way I did last time. Imported the original files That Grey1 sent me and put GV 2.2 in the program folder. The strange thing is that the receive window will initially pick up the data from the send windows but will not update from there. I've got no way now of following Grey1's methods and am frustrated beyond belief. Has anyone out there had a similar problem when first setting these indicators up? If so please could you give me a hand with this.
Thanks again for any suggestions offered.

MarkB

Traded the market with Julian , Stuart, and IANH from this site with $822.16 profit while chatting . I demonstrated how to trade using Traditional TA with no help of VWAP engine and still come on top .. IAN took a Trade with me with 200 shares and made $72 ( 54 cents run on AKAM ) .

We had a good chit chat on TA and awesome lunch .

My pos size was ting compare to my usual size but an easy day for taking easy money from the market

Muchas Graciasssssss

Attachments

• 822.jpg
    822.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 20
  • tradeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    tradeeeeeeeeee.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Evening All,

Today I managed to get the Engines up and Running..............ish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A personal thank you to all who helped.

A couple of questions I need some guidance on please :

1. On one symbol with Darvas I had short alerts on 3 of the 4 timeframes, however, when looking at the EE there was a 'Buy' alert.

I assume that this is possible - if so, is it a common occurence ?

2. Regarding Position Sizing, I have noticed again on the Darvas across 4 timeframes, some huge Position Sizing i.e the ATR's are very low (and using just an example of 1% of capital and $30k) I have just tested with Nasdaq 100 list. Is this normal - I just picked up the standard ATR from TS ?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

however, when looking at the EE there was a 'Buy' alert.

From my understanding, the EE is not used for trade entry alerts and only for exiting an existing trade.

If ATRs are so low that astronomic size is needed then dont take the signal as there is inadequate volatility against risk to warrant the trade.

Paul

PS This evening AKAM gave a great Long signal with a comfortable 22c profit which was in complete contrast to the earlier morning session. It was as if there were two different trading days in one.