getdealing.com

ceydababy

Experienced member
I've found a spreadbetter with possibly the largest spreads around.

www.getdealing.com

Is anyone using this lot ?

If so please tell me the Eur/usd spread isn't 8pips and there Dow spread isn't 8pips once you sign up.

I've found a spreadbetter with possibly the largest spreads around.

www.getdealing.com

Is anyone using this lot ?

If so please tell me the Eur/usd spread isn't 8pips and there Dow spread isn't 8pips once you sign up.
If this is correct, I see now reason to sign up with this kind of spread. Probably a project they have started in order to test the platform. I can not imagine a serious traders signing up with them paying this huge spread.

If this is correct, I see now reason to sign up with this kind of spread. Probably a project they have started in order to test the platform. I can not imagine a serious traders signing up with them paying this huge spread.
Hi .. yes you are right .. this is a beta version of our site.. we are really focusing on trying to bring relevant real time market news to new spread bettors.. we needed a way to display live prices on our site and this is what we have for the time being - the spreads are too wide for pros - but the minimum bet size is 0.10 p and stops are guaranteed -we are going to change the trading platform at some point- we found people new to spread betting struggle to find relevant real time market moving news so we act as a free pointer/news aggregator - people can use any trading platform they choose. (shorts and longs works pretty well) - anyway it's a work in progress and all feed back is appreciated .

Hi .. yes you are right .. this is a beta version of our site.. we are really focusing on trying to bring relevant real time market news to new spread bettors.. we needed a way to display live prices on our site and this is what we have for the time being - the spreads are too wide for pros - but the minimum bet size is 0.10 p and stops are guaranteed -we are going to change the trading platform at some point- we found people new to spread betting struggle to find relevant real time market moving news so we act as a free pointer/news aggregator - people can use any trading platform they choose. (shorts and longs works pretty well) - anyway it's a work in progress and all feed back is appreciated .
Nice to have a representative for the company on board. I do not think it is a good idea profiling and branding your company with this kind of huge spread, it is simply not a serious way of marketing the company. It is a fierce competition out there and this will not work even with 0.10 p bet size and guaranteed stop loss. However, if you can build a nice looking information site with charting of free buy and sell signals you really got a good thing going.

Nice to have a representative for the company on board. I do not think it is a good idea profiling and branding your company with this kind of huge spread, it is simply not a serious way of marketing the company. It is a fierce competition out there and this will not work even with 0.10 p bet size and guaranteed stop loss. However, if you can build a nice looking information site with charting of free buy and sell signals you really got a good thing going.

good points - thanks for that - I am trying to plug the gap in fundamental info - seems most spread bettors focus on T.A and there are lots of free chart services available - have you ever been trading and suddenly the markets move sharply against you and you are left wondering what just happened ? - I am trying to solve that problem with real time alerts - it costs a fortune to provide any kind of live prices for free, having the spread betting prices allows us to put the news alerts in context and show how the market reacts in real time - I appreciate your comments and will be making improvements based on feed back.

Nice idea with the news but I don't think people will sign up and pay these spreads for this facility even throwing in the 10p minimum and guaranteed stops.

You can trade with VDM at an equally small size and pay 2points Eur/Usd and 3points Dow.

For a real time data calender you can get that free on most financial news websites. I use fxstreet.com

Yeah, but where would you be like with greece's rating downgrades downgrade today?

Nice idea with the news but I don't think people will sign up and pay these spreads for this facility even throwing in the 10p minimum and guaranteed stops.

You can trade with VDM at an equally small size and pay 2points Eur/Usd and 3points Dow.

For a real time data calender you can get that free on most financial news websites. I use fxstreet.com
Cheers.. they dont need to sign up to get the news.. it's free.. have a quick look at the dealing room today and look at the chart.. the red dots show the bad news and the green dots show good news.. all released in real-time.. a newbie would have made money today by following the news alerts - it's a free newswire for newbies so they dont have to look at loads of different news wires and try and figure out what is going to make the market move - the calendar updates without the need to constantly refresh unlike some of the others (FXstreet) - it's not a site for pros but I hope it helps out new traders who cant afford to pay for real time systems - nobody needs to sign up and you dont even need a log in - if i had to reccomend a site for newbies I would say shorts and longs is fairly good.. VDM are not good.- anyway as i said it is free to use.

I am pretty new to spread betting myself - I tried it about a year ago and blew
my self up in around 2 weeks - I felt like I was trading blind - I have been
following their news signals for a couple of months now and I am doing much
better!! I have never tried the platform because the spreads are so wide - i
have been using capital spreads and in general it's been ok (sometimes hangs
when the market is busy though)
if getdealing could improve the trading platform - ad a decent charting package
i think it could be a decent service - the market doesn't always react as they
say but it got me short and long again today at really decent levels! come on
guys improve the platform and you could have a decent business!!

Gekko Global Markets, you mean?
Yes ggmarkets, as VDM previous was involved with the company. Good or bad SB companies, the question is irrelevant as it depends upon so many parameters. From my perspective and experience over the years, I found ggmarkets to be one of the best SB companies around. I seem to have less execution problem with them compared to other SB companies I trade with, while others on the other hand, have not had the same positive experience trading with them based on their expectations.

Yes ggmarkets, as VDM previous was involved with the company. Good or bad SB companies, the question is irrelevant as it depends upon so many parameters. From my perspective and experience over the years, I found ggmarkets to be one of the best SB companies around. I seem to have less execution problem with them compared to other SB companies I trade with, while others on the other hand, have not had the same positive experience trading with them based on their expectations.

others had bad experience with them ...

others had bad experience with them ...
That is in fact what I said in my post. You have to read carefully the complaints that members have about a company. A few have been thrown out, not being able to continue trading with them (they are indeed very sore about this fact), it can for sure be debated if this is the right client policy (although they have every legal right to do this). Otherwise, posters do not provide much information about how it is trading with them. I have been around on this forum for quite a long time, and knows when there is a complain against a company that must be taken seriously. I am ready for a debate anytime, but please post relative content in which to have a serious discussion about, this I haven't seen much of on the ggmarkets thread, why do you think this is the case?

That is in fact what I said in my post. You have to read carefully the complaints that members have about a company. A few have been thrown out, not being able to continue trading with them (they are indeed very sore about this fact), it can for sure be debated if this is the right client policy (although they have every legal right to do this). Otherwise, posters do not provide much information about how it is trading with them. I have been around on this forum for quite a long time, and knows when there is a complain against a company that must be taken seriously. I am ready for a debate anytime, but please post relative content in which to have a serious discussion about, this I haven't seen much of on the ggmarkets thread, why do you think this is the case?

debate about what ?! i was referring to execution problems ( slippage ) check the link below for an example , also even if they have the right to close accounts as they want this will give them a bad review for sure , i saw in this forums few guys complain about their accounts with VDM being closed , u will say they have the right to do so but this is irrelevant , if they close accounts its ok but we will c somebody else to trade with , u think they r the best SB firm ! its up to u but i think they r the worst ...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spread-betting/67800-barred.html

debate about what ?! i was referring to execution problems ( slippage ) check the link below for an example , also even if they have the right to close accounts as they want this will give them a bad review for sure , i saw in this forums few guys complain about their accounts with VDM being closed , u will say they have the right to do so but this is irrelevant , if they close accounts its ok but we will c somebody else to trade with , u think they r the best SB firm ! its up to u but i think they r the worst ...

Yes, slippage was one of the problems, and I'm surprised gle hasn't suffered from that by now. I think there are worse SBs out there, though!

I notice, this is a thread going back a year, and again mostly complaints from guys that are not able to trade with them. You say they are the worst SB company around, give me information what makes them being so bad. Slippage, not in my book, bad execution, not in my book, spread pretty good on some indices and a price feed that follows the future. I simply don't understand how experience trading with them can differs so much from person to person. I have no personal interest in this company whatsoever, other than being a trader (besides maybe the fact they are based in Sweden). You say it is irrelevant they are allowed to close down an account. Really, a SB company has every legal right to not wanting you as a client. According to the MiFID financial directives this does not violate any rules. You are able to trade with them?:)

I notice, this is a thread going back a year, and again mostly complaints from guys that are not able to trade with them. You say they are the worst SB company around, give me information what makes them being so bad. Slippage, not in my book, bad execution, not in my book, spread pretty good on some indices and a price feed that follows the future. I simply don't understand how experience trading with them can differs so much from person to person. I have no personal interest in this company whatsoever, other than being a trader (besides maybe the fact they are based in Sweden). You say it is irrelevant they are allowed to close down an account. Really, a SB company has every legal right to not wanting you as a client. According to the MiFID financial directives this does not violate any rules. You are able to trade with them?:)

u said u had a good execution service with them i wanted to show u others had bad experience regarding slippage and execution , regarding closing accounts i know they have the right to do so and also we have the right to rate them as we like based on their actions including closing accounts ...