GBP/USD 5min setups

EU - long from 3905, initial sl 3885, 1st tgt swing high @20ish, 50 looks a useful 2nd tgt.

1st tgt hit but will wait and see where the current 15min closes before scaling out, if at all. Want to try and make the trade work a bit harder.

1st tgt hit but will wait and see where the current 15min closes before scaling out, if at all. Want to try and make the trade work a bit harder.

Happy to hold onto full amount for now, equity futs and cable also strengthening.

GU, i have a buy signal in play on the 5min atm, will wait for this bar to close before entering..

Edit: 14:01 - decided to just stick with the EU long for now.

Morning, EU - looking for a 5min close above 3929 for long entry, sl 3905, T1 3970, T2 3995. Mindful of weekly pivot @3950.

GU - interesting hourly PA, a counter trend scalp on a break above 52 is tempting, but I won't be taking it.

Attachments

• 19th Oct GU hr 1.PNG
    19th Oct GU hr 1.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 116
Filled, 1st tgt around 5800, initial sl 5854.

...if this goes to plan there's a fib extension tgt from the hrly GU chart which coincides with yearly and monthly levels @5665-5675, it will probably reach this level, my challenge is to stay in long enough.

Edit: 10:42 - my GU signal is still short even though equity futs are rising and EU is gathering strength again...times like this I want to bail but must stick to plan.