FX trading Nov19 - Nov23

Still holding USDCHF short, was nearly stopped out but price respected the 100% retracement fairly well. Looks like if this trade is to be successful, it'll be an over-nighter :)

I am long on EUR/USD

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    7.5 KB · Views: 136
I am closing this trade for +21 pips profit .... 13 + 21... 34 pips net for today...

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    32.3 KB · Views: 171
Took half off the USDCHF trade at 1.1044 offered through a limit order overnight.

Stop on the other half is at b/e, will move it to 1.1044 offered if price trades to 1.0996 bid.

Another good example of the fib entry after a good setup here on AUDUSD (bollingers removed for clarity)

1min reversal with 5 min hidden div re-entry setup in 5min SBR zone. Price reacts then retraces dead on 61.8% before falling away.

Sadly for me, the Saxo price feed missed my entry order by half a pip so I didn't get in on this one... something that seems to happen increasingly often at the moment :devilish: Looks like I may have to start placing my orders a pip or so ahead of the fib just to be sure!

Attachments

• audusdtrade.gif
    audusdtrade.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 153
T2W calendar shows no GB news events today.
however, FF shows MPC Meeting Minutes as red (significant event) at 10:30am. (or is that 9:30am?)

any views on the most reliable calendar?

MPC minutes were released at 9.30 GMT, outcome 7-2 vote in favour of keeping UK rates on hold.

Might be sterling bullish in the medium term as some were expecting a 6-3 split?

DailyFX (http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/) is probably the best bet for a calendar.

The attached was the set-up on 5min just ahead of that BOe/Mpc minutes release. A straight forward 50% retracement of the hi-lo intraday move, and as there were no real SBR areas to identify on the way down at that time, the asian range acted, 0635-0693, resistance found in it's bottom half around the 50% fib of the move and a previous swing low from earlier in the asian/overnight session.

(5min Reentry type 4)

Attachments

• 5min.gif
    5min.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
There is a minor 5min potential SBR zone at this 0555-0577, but the main one seems to be the next last 5min one that coincides with 15min, that 0595-0644. In there there are previous recent swing lows at 0635 and 0613, and some fib retraces of current move at 0603 0621 and 0639 38.2,50 and 61.8% respectively

gbpusd today cont...

last 5min potential SBR zone firms up more as 0546 (lower lo) -0577 (equal high) on the dip below. the last but one 5min SBR zone coincides with 15min as that 0595-0644. Note the gap between the lower swing lo of the 5/15min zone and the lower swing hi of the 5min zone. Obviously the Intraday fibs have moved with the dip lower.

164pips hi-lo now, 227 y/day. 208, 216 161 the current 5/10/20 day average pip ranges.

Dly s1 at 0519 in that support mix mentioned above the fibs being 50% of 9879-1162, 50% of 0352-0698, and 78.6% of yesterdays low to todays high, 0455-0698.

A nice quick move off the bottom so far with a Reversal A seq with 5min Reversal B confirm set-ups at 0536ask entry .

Short AUDUSD 0.8724. Stop 8736 offered.

EDITS
-------
Stopped out -12

Attachments

• audusdtrade.gif
    audusdtrade.gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
G/l graeme

Got this going on in gbpusd atm, the 5min Rentry type 1 confirming set-up to the 1min trigger reversal extreme. Didn't trade it as was away from desk, but if had would excercise caution though as strong recovery off the lows. Entry fell in the last but one 5min and coexistent 15min potential SBR zone mentioned above, and had too a breech of 1 and 5min extreme fib tunnels, 1min donchian channel with stochs in extreme o/b 90+ reads on 1 and 5min...very often a great re-entry at SBr...those 1 and 5min overbought oscillators.

Attachments

• 5min Reentry type 1.gif
    5min Reentry type 1.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 152
Tale of 2 breakouts

The attached was the set-up on 5min just ahead of that BOe/Mpc minutes release.

and as there were no real SBR areas to identify on the way down at that time, the asian range acted, 0635-0693, resistance found in it's bottom half around the 50% fib of the move and a previous swing low from earlier in the asian/overnight session.

A tale of 2 breakouts this morning on this pair. The Tokyo range is oft referred to on the threads, & does make for a handsome play when the (Tokyo) range allows.

I wonder how many blind-trigger happy snipers got washed out leading into the MPC release? Money still made if they were fast enough to put on the brakes (chart: bout1) as it sprung back sharply, but was it scared money?

The savvy?? crew maybe booked the better value deal by hanging fire for the slightly higher timeframe scenario to unfold, riding the momentum after the nervous money had been unseated?

Interesting early view though on this one this morning.

I still prefer the look & feel of the Yen crosses lately via the intradays. Much cleaner s&r zones to get stuck into, but all a matter of taste I guess.

Attachments

• bout1.jpg
    bout1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 194
  • bout2.jpg
    bout2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 168