FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

has to saty above 10850 and also that support/green needs to hold
we could get a fake down to 10850 to get a bull test
look for signals for a rebound if it hits

Agree with the sentiment some type of explosion is going to happen. But there's a clearly defined downward trend channel which started from last Wednesday on the 30 min candle stick chart. 10800 area is where trend support comes in

I think we are seeing 10800 today personally. Look on 30 mins since this morning. Price consolidating. Wants to dump imho

Question - when you guys refer to "a breakout" can that also be a "breakout to the downside" as well as to the upside? Just that I would imagine that to be a "breakdown"...?

not sure if its of any significance but China shares are down 6.2%

Be interesting to see how US reacts to it. Steady as she goes into Fed speel but some sell offs will occur imo.

I'm expecting Fed to ease off on September hike. China move has been game changer. If they don't???? It's not going to be pretty. (n)

Either way it's pickle sandwiches all the way... ;)

DAX having a nervous breakdown :)

Attachments

• DAX_5m_150818_1318.GIF
    DAX_5m_150818_1318.GIF
    45.5 KB · Views: 43
Question - when you guys refer to "a breakout" can that also be a "breakout to the downside" as well as to the upside? Just that I would imagine that to be a "breakdown"...?
A pump or a dump is technical analyysis terminology

Chronics 10880 just kicked in again... (y)

You guys are superstars... :)

Attachments

• DAX_5m_150818_1335.GIF
    DAX_5m_150818_1335.GIF
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
Two Dow components, Wal-Mart (WMT) and Home Depot (HD), reported earnings this morning. Wal-Mart missed expectations with profit and cut forward guidance . Revenue beat forecasts. Meanwhile, Home Depot matched forecasts on the top line and beat on bottom line. (CNBC)

U.S. stock futures were under pressure this morning, after the Chinese stock market tanked overnight. The Dow finished higher for the third straight session to start off the week. (CNBC)

Chinese stocks plunged today, with the Shanghai composite falling 6 percent as concerns over the yuan eclipsed data that showed monthly home prices up for a third straight month in July. (CNBC)

Thai stocks and the local currency slumped today, amid heightened uncertainty after bomb blasts rocked the country's capital Bangkok last night, killing 22 people. (CNBC)

The cost of protecting against a Venezuelan default has hit record highs, leading to fears that the oil-dependent country could become the first sovereign victim of plummeting oil prices. (CNBC)

Be interesting if markets bounce with all this g8 news banding about... ???

Reasons to be cheerful - 1 -2 -3 :)

Last edited:
Yep - SPX turned back down - from approx 2105 (which was PP-R2 yesterday).

May try for 2116. No idea why, rhyme or reason. If it's a number or a line on the charts then we should make a dash for it to take'm out. Nothing else to do - with all those bums sitting on chairs doing FA.